Kentucky Kingdom

On a different subject, I'm confused. Can someone please explain to me exactly how it is possible for someone to make a loan to themselves (if that is indeed what the $10 million loan is) and what the purpose of that is? I don't get it.

Interesting comments.

Twisted Twins never any good?

Baloney.

On a different subject, I'm confused. Can someone please explain to me exactly how it is possible for someone to make a loan to themselves (if that is indeed what the $10 million loan is) and what the purpose of that is? I don't get it.

As for the "loan," from themselves, it gets preferential treatment in the event of a bankruptcy. Structuring that as a loan instead if equity is a huge hint that even Hart thinks this is highly likely to fail.

• Like 3

Ed Hart presented in front of the park the good news of the expansion with the first new roller coaster in 17 years and new attractions for the Hurricane Bay water park. The expansion would double the size of the water park with slide complexes and a new lazy river. Hart explained Thunder Run would return, as well as the giant ferris wheel, Mile High Falls splash boat ride, and the park's river raft ride.

Ed Hart is a smart man. I hope he realizes two water rides, a wooden roller coaster, and a Ferris Wheel won't draw people to the dry park. To me, it sounds like he needs to market the park the best he can to break even.

• Like 1

He realizes it, or that other $10,000,000 he and his partners are putting out would be equity instead of a loan. The equity gets preferential tax treatment. A loan, preference in bankruptcy...paid before later unsecured creditors, etc. Since the loan route was chosen for the additional required investment, Hart himself has tipped his hand as to how bright, or not, he sees the Kingdom's prospects.

• Like 3

Ed Hart presented in front of the park the good news of the expansion with the first new roller coaster in 17 years and new attractions for the Hurricane Bay water park. The expansion would double the size of the water park with slide complexes and a new lazy river. Hart explained Thunder Run would return, as well as the giant ferris wheel, Mile High Falls splash boat ride, and the park's river raft ride.

Ed Hart is a smart man. I hope he realizes two water rides, a wooden roller coaster, and a Ferris Wheel won't draw people to the dry park. To me, it sounds like he needs to market the park the best he can to break even.

It's a marketing thing, I believe, that you give put some staple rides in the release instead of listing every single thing that's going to operating.

• Like 2

I haven't either...by considering a ride a staple ride, I mean one that has a name that is memorable and many would miss if it was removed. In theory I think that is why you don't see dodgems, tilt-a whirl, scrambler (I don't know if the park even has these, but just using these as example) in releases.

• Like 5

As it should be. Had the Fair Board offered Six Flags the lease terms Hart & Co. are getting, the park probably would not have closed, Chang would still be there, and local and state government would collect far more taxes from the park than they will now, even if the new Kingdom is successful.

And the new Six Flags would run Kentucky Kingdom far differently than the old did.

Then again, the park by now might have been owned by Palace Entertainment.

In any event, what was was and what is is. What's to be remains to be seen.

• Like 3

If this man is trully honestly all about the park. I feel bad for him and salute him at the same time. He has a very tough hill to climb. Trying to recover a park that he loves that is no where near good shape. He has a lot of work to do just to get the park ready, not counting the public perception. It will be very tough, but good for him.

If this man is only trying to find a way to recover the magic of building up a park and selling it, then I hope it fails him.

• Like 6

I wish him and the park the best of luck. Being a tax paying citizen of the state, I hope it is a success.

As for the earlier posts about negativity, I believe a little skepticism is allowed. The park as already failed twice and the same can be said of the reopening efforts. I truly felt that the park would remain closed and be demolished.

I haven't been since Thunder Run debuted and look forward to visiting the park next year if all goes well.

• Like 6

(Photos courtesy of Dale Matthews and the new Kentucky Kingdom)

wrxh6d.jpg

(Group photo of the team that Mr. Hart assembled during the assessment period)

4t4uwm.jpg

(Former Kentucky Kingdom good-will ambassador King Louie)

According to Kentucky Kingdom's Facebook page, Only time will tell if King Louie returns to his throne at the Kingdom.....

• Like 2

It has sat unused for about 4 years, what did you expect?

I don't think you catch my drift.....literally.

BB1 who doesn't like SC revamps happening all over creation.

The what now?

What does a derelict Water Park in Kentucky have to do with Soak City. Talk about having a hard time letting something go. lol

I'd go down the river if I were to say that, in all honesty, the pool seems a bit too big for me. While I don't like "Coastal Beach Boys Happy Land", I don't like it duller. BB1, who uses his noggin, and walks through paradise often. Plus, BB1 thought it did, so he said it, no hate to SC.

Donkeys anyone?

^ What does that even mean?

I have to admit I'm impressed that the wave pool is in working order already. That's a lot more progress than I was expecting at this point, though I didn't know with any certainty how bad things had gotten in the park. If Hart actually gets the park running and open by next May, I might have to check things out. Especially Thunder Run!

• Like 5

To be honest, that was cryptic word structure, very similar but the same to Terp's. I say gibberish of course, but it actually means secrets of what things are and the where abouts of BB1. BB1, the next in line for the Donkey! The Ride coaster.

Your "cryptic word structure" that is "very similar but the same to Terp's" lacks a key element of his verbose wordplay - I won't say what the element is.

GYK, noting that there's a time and place to end a post with the third person - and every single post you ever make ever is not the time nor the place. Please.

• Like 5

Can we please leave Donkeys out in fields and on T.P.R. Not trying to start this forum vs that forum but there are some that are glad this forum isn't that one, and vice versa I'm sure. IMHO donkeys fit well there, here not so much. Terp can be quite cryptic sometimes but I've never thought gibberish. BB1 why all the third person speak?

As for the interest of the Kingdom, farther than I expected. Glad to see some progress, not willing to pay for a ticket yet (if they were selling).

I didn't use it on this one.

(Also, I like my own twist on things :) )

Anyways I'd like to see this park expand to such an area to where some sort of B&M could be installed far into the future. Because in all honesty, I don't see one anytime soon.

Oh and on the topic of Donkeys, here is a random site called donkey.

http://www.donkey.com/