Kentucky Kingdom

Yep, it's now Green Lantern in New Jersey. The difference, to my knowledge, is that Six Flags removed Chang with the intention (whether real or just publicized) of expanding the waterpark into Chang's footprint and continuing to operate the park. So it's like Cedar Fair announcing that Firehawk would be rotated to Cedar Point on the good faith that they'd do something else with that land at Kings Island, but then selling Kings Island shortly thereafter, getting off scot free with a roller coaster.

• Like 2

I have no idea how to post a photo on here but I just Messaged KK And asked

Me- "Any Idea when we will see a coaster rise up?"

KK -"Up and running for the 2014 season!"

I took a screenshot and would show you if I knew how to upload one without a Phototbucket account. I thought it was very rare a park would tell you when a rollercoaster would be added.

Yep, it's now Green Lantern in New Jersey. The difference, to my knowledge, is that Six Flags removed Chang with the intention (whether real or just publicized) of expanding the waterpark into Chang's footprint and continuing to operate the park. So it's like Cedar Fair announcing that Firehawk would be rotated to Cedar Point on the good faith that they'd do something else with that land at Kings Island, but then selling Kings Island shortly thereafter, getting off scot free with a roller coaster.

I doubt they were really planning on making the water park bigger. They could have easily expanded it the other way and took out smaller rides. But they had to take the biggest and baddest coaster out of the park. Plus they barely had any money probably just enough to transfer the ride. So them even purchasing a new water ride would be pretty much impossible...
  • Like 1

Hmm...there is dump truck, as in just one dump truck...which means either they need to make lots of trips with it, or it's one of these dump trucks:

dump_truck.jpg

(Sorry, I could not resist again...)

Isn't it funny how bad grammar can be so hillarious? Another example is the "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" meme...

• Like 5

Hmm...Premier Launched Catapult Coaster? Full Throttle cost a mere $6,000,000!?!? (where did you get that number? RCDB says nothing!) Hmm...well, as a Greezed' Lightning replacement, that type of coaster could work very well.

If that indeed is what it is, Kentucky Kingdom's ride lineup in 2014 could be at least interesting. A fun-but-cheap small launch coaster, a fun wooden coaster (Thunder Run), a couple awesome-looking new waterslides, and all the other stuff Ed Hart says will be re-opening for 2014...if they can get that all opened. If the price for entry is right, it might be worth at least checking out for me & my family & friends...

• Like 2

Hmm...Premier Launched Catapult Coaster? Full Throttle cost a mere $6,000,000!?!? (where did you get that number? RCDB says nothing!) Hmm...well, as a Greezed' Lightning replacement, that type of coaster could work very well.

If that indeed is what it is, Kentucky Kingdom's ride lineup in 2014 could be at least interesting. A fun-but-cheap small launch coaster, a fun wooden coaster (Thunder Run), a couple awesome-looking new waterslides, and all the other stuff Ed Hart says will be re-opening for 2014...if they can get that all opened. If the price for entry is right, it might be worth at least checking out for me & my family & friends...

Wikipedia says that Full Throttle cost only $6,000,000. I would post a link, but I don't know how to.

Edited for Grammar.

OK, was searching through some forums and found this on ThemeParkReview, originally posted there by someone calling themselves "mudvayneimn". It's from the PDF document Ed Hart proposed in late 2012 during his pitch to re-open the park that was avaliable to the public...they are very small, but you should be able to make out the "new" stuff...

maps_0.jpg

The bottom 2 pictures are the interesting ones- they show the locations of the new waterslides, the proposed 2015 coaster (looks small for something that should replace Chang), and the second picture has the GL Replacement. 2 other "new" rides are pictured, both seem to have small footprints and appear to be tower rides of some sort. I'm guessing one of them is the rumored swing ride, but the other one...a Drop Tower? Does Ed Hart not realize the problems that would cause for a park that had one of these rides malfunction in the past? Again, this picture is not mine.

OK, was searching through some forums and found this on ThemeParkReview, originally posted there by someone calling themselves "mudvayneimn". It's from the PDF document Ed Hart proposed in late 2012 during his pitch to re-open the park that was avaliable to the public...they are very small, but you should be able to make out the "new" stuff...

maps_0.jpg

The bottom 2 pictures are the interesting ones- they show the locations of the new waterslides, the proposed 2015 coaster (looks small for something that should replace Chang), and the second picture has the GL Replacement. 2 other "new" rides are pictured, both seem to have small footprints and appear to be tower rides of some sort. I'm guessing one of them is the rumored swing ride, but the other one...a Drop Tower? Does Ed Hart not realize the problems that would cause for a park that had one of these rides malfunction in the past? Again, this picture is not mine.

Firstly, sorry for Double post. Secondly, That coaster is tiny, does it go up a 50 ft. lift hill then drop and go back into the station?