Kentucky Kingdom

I dunno...when it comes to waterparks, Splashin' Safari is a VERY tough one to beat. They have a lot of high-profile, massive water slides and attractions. However, if Ed Hart adds several new multi-tower slide complexes like the ones I saw in his pitch to re-open the park, the fact Kentucky Kingdom is 70 miles closer than Holiday World would suddenly become a huge factor at least in my family & friend's cases, and it might warrant a closer look at both- as well as Kings Island, of course, which will have a 168-foot, 68mph, 7-inversion inverted trump card next year...

• Like 7

You can define a region however you want (read: whatever gives you the most seemingly impressive marketing claim).

A few minutes from my house sits Kil-Kare Speedway, a 3/8 mile paved oval short track used for weekly grassroots-level auto racing. At one point, the sign out front advertised the track as "the fastest 3/8 mile oval in Greene County". In fact, it is the only auto racing track in Greene County of any length.

• Like 5

I sure hope the 6 million dollar coaster is something we, completely, didn't expect. I don't mind it being a used product, I'm just excited to see what exactly it is.

I really think this coaster is going to be a surprise. It just does not seem like Ed Hart adding a 6-7 million dollar coaster unless he is adding another prototype.

• Like 2