Kentucky Kingdom

There are many record breakers that are nothing more than a record breaker and the ride experience is meeehhhh. See Kingda Ka and SoB, While there are many coasters that do not break any records yet offer amazing rides. See ThunderHead, Titan(SFoT), Raptor, and the list goes on.

• Like 4

I think an El Loco would be cool, but I think that Kentucky Kingdom's new coaster should be this:

but a bit longer... it could be called CliffHanger :D

EDIT: According to RCDB, a basic Skyloop (XT-150) (the ride pictured above, Abismo, is an XT-450) is $4,000,000 which is less than the new coaster's approximate cost and if the park went with an XT 450 (or something bigger), it might be just a bit more expensive.

(source: http://rcdb.com/3312.htm)

Why is T2 opening in 2015 and not 2014?

And if the park does get an El Loco, I'll need to make my way down there for sure!

I guess they had to prioritize with time and money being limited. I am happier they are getting something new and spent the money to retrack Thunder Run than would be for an operating T2.

• Like 2

I am still rolling with something from Intamin or Premier Rides

I wonder if they could even get anything from Intamin for that type of budget?

I don't think budget is a concerned. We could be mislead into thinking the park is adding something small because of competition. But whatever it is, it is already paid for.

The reason why I say intamin or premier rides is because greezed lighting station is going to be used for this new coaster. That station holds can hold 7 cars for one train. The queue gates where still intact along with the station when I last drove through the KFEC.

It's pretty obvious too driving past where the ride use to be when the station is the only thing standing.

That could've also been thought by one that walked through Action Zone and noticed that the only thing standing where Son of Beast was, is its station.....Although now we all know that's not the case.

(The former Son of Beast station will be used as a Haunt attraction this year and beyond)

Why is T2 opening in 2015 and not 2014?

And if the park does get an El Loco, I'll need to make my way down there for sure!

T2 Is supposed to get an entire makeover as well as a name change to T3. What does entire makeover mean? At this point, nobody seems to know. I read somewhere that Ed Hart had said it needed a complete set of new trains, and that they would be unable to get them and do all the work needed by 2014. I guess an extra year also gives them time to consider making larger major changes if they think it will help out.