Kentucky Kingdom

Ed Hart specifically said the coaster will be new, so I doubt we'd see Time Machine be relocated. Plus there isn't really much room. Changs old spot will be used for waterpark expansion and greezed lightnins area is too small for a coaster of that size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ed Hart specifically said the coaster will be new, so I doubt we'd see Time Machine be relocated. Plus there isn't really much room. Changs old spot will be used for waterpark expansion and greezed lightnins area is too small for a coaster of that size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

"Will be new" is vague and can be spun around.

New to the region. New to Kentucky. New to the area. New to Kentucky kingdom.

A wise man once said watch what they do and not what they say.

Only time will tell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Long time lurker here, first post. I usually enjoy your posts Terp as you have great contributions to the forum. I just don't get all the KK negativity. Hart ran a seemingly successful park in the 90s, including the installation of a record breaking B&M, had impressive attendance numbers and ultimately sold to Premier/Six Flags. They ran the park into the ground. While it may be a long shot, I certainly wish Mr. Hart all the best and hope to see him have success again here in Louisville.

• Like 3

I wonder, can we please get a Mike Lenning's in the park??? Anyways, Terp sums mostly every thought I have about the park. Insta-win, a new product made by your local stud market. I'm excited for the new coaster, the waterpark is very promising and the additions are perfect for the park. Though, they can expand across the road...

Not negativity. Realistic expectations. The Ed Hart proposal does not add up to a successful strategy over time. Nearly all the risk is on the taxpayers of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

And Hart and Mr. Bruce Lunsford and their investors (again, most are the Kentucky taxpayers) have a very small chance of succeeding in this venture. For the sakes of Louisville and the people, I hope they do. From my knowledge, experience and insight, I fear there are two parks within 100 miles of Louisville that have extremely shaky futures.

I worried even more about the future of both when it appeared the same family was going to manage both. Some told me I was too negative then, too. I wasn't.

Hope is not a strategy. And not just Six Flags has had a rocky time at the fairgrounds. I seem to recall a bankruptcy. It's hard enough to start a new fresh park. Reinvigorating one that has been closed for years, with very limited investment, on leased grounds, in a poor location, and that, you say Six Flags ran into the ground (it didn't) is a nearly hopeless pursuit.

Hart and Lunsford could finance this out of their pocket change. They have not. They are not willing to put at risk very much of their own funds, nor collateral--the state's land is being used for that. The banks refused to lend the relatively small amount that Hart and Lunsford originally sought. The venture leaders and the banks are in a superior position to us to gauge the probable future of this venture. They did. I agree with them. The track records of other new and reopened US parks are not good. Most fail. Often quickly.

Then there's the matter that the Commonwealth solicited proposals from the entire park operating community. Few even asked for a look-see. Only one other operator sent a representative. There were no responsive bids--only after extensive negotiations with Hart & Co. and numerous modifications was this proposal accepted. I submit it is more of a political effort than a serious proposal. The Governor can say we gave the place another shot. Hart and Lunsford can make a small amount of money out of this before it goes south. And the State will ultimately be rid of the albatross lands the Kingdom sits on, with the bank ending up with that particular bag.

Perhaps not. But this venture is very severely undercapitalized (which is why financing was nearly impossible to attain). The Kingdom's future is not bright.

And welcome to KIC.

• Like 13

Yeah there is quite a bit of local politics involved in this deal. While it is risky for anyone, I'm glad to see Hart give it a go over the Koch family -that is a whole other can of worms. The writing will be on the wall soon enough, but in the meantime I sincerely wish Hart and his group success.

• Like 1

On the parks Instragram page it was confirmed that we will know the date of the announcement tomorrow. I would expect the announcement to be next Thursday or Friday and Season passes going on sale immediately after the announcement. Whenever the day comes, speculation about the park is going to go viral.

• Like 4