Kentucky Kingdom

That doesnt look like a photo..... or at least a photo of the real billboard... could be what the billboards will look like...

Although that may be the initial proposed rendering... that's exactly what the real thing looks like. The billboards are that *odd.*

Hmmm. Well Ill be... They just dont look real.... I believe ya though...

So why own a park if you dont like rides because of motion sickness.... I mean its a big investment in something you dont enjoy. You may enjoy the shows and non-rides, but couldnt you just own a theater?

• Like 3

It's so....so....Beautiful! I would like to see this park when it is in the snow, possibly this could be the place next year for a winter event?

As much as I would like it, if it didn't work at Kings Island, I doubt it'll work at Kentucky Kingdom. Especially as they are even more ride-focused than KI, with only 1 or 2 shows (at least so far revealed)...

It's so....so....Beautiful! I would like to see this park when it is in the snow, possibly this could be the place next year for a winter event?

As much as I would like it, if it didn't work at Kings Island, I doubt it'll work at Kentucky Kingdom. Especially as they are even more ride-focused than KI, with only 1 or 2 shows (at least so far revealed)...

1.Little to no winter events around KK

2.This could be implemented if it has a great year, though, it is a first season park. Therefore it could, or could not be a good idea.

3.Look at the twitter post, it hints to this.....

Wow, that's a hideous billboard. FinkHeavy really wasn't the best font choice there, and it looks so blank.

Not a great first impression....Lacks imaginatiion!

You have to remember, this is a new park, with a limited budget. I find the sign just right for the public eye and for signage reasons. (If you have an issue with the ride, then you may need to tone down your expectations) (Welcome to KIC {Insert KIC slogan})

I find it strange that I live in Louisville and have not seen one of these billboards yet. I do seem to stay on the east side, maybe Kentucky Kingdom figures we like our golf and tennis more than the park.

I've seen one, on Fern Valley right before I had to go back to college from Thanksgiving Break.

I find it strange that I live in Louisville and have not seen one of these billboards yet. I do seem to stay on the east side, maybe Kentucky Kingdom figures we like our golf and tennis more than the park.

I live in the East end, too and haven't seen advertising out here either. However yesterday I was in another part of town near the intersection of Breckinridge Ln and Taylorsville Rd. and I saw a rather strange billboard. It looked like the one pictured here in terms of the blank background with the strange font, but it said something along the lines of "New steel coming....." and gave the park's url. I'm not sure if it actually had the word "coaster" in it. Regardless, I saw one and it was odd.

• Like 2

If I were Kentucky Kingdom with its limited funds, the LAST thing I'd be doing is a teaser ad campaign. Call to action marketing instead: I'd have attractive volunteers passing out cards in malls, downtown and in guerilla marketing locations with Kentucky Kingdom's Back! Season Passes On Sale Now! And the URL.

I have been totally unimpressed with their marketing decisions so far. Hopefully, the park is constructed, operated and maintained far better than it's been marketed so far.

Best example: introducing the coaster at 11 PM at night on a Saturday, on social media only.

Why? I suspect a VERY low budget for the announcement.

Result? A nearly totally wasted major media opportunity. This thing could have been national news. As it was and is, even many roller coaster enthusiasts still haven't heard about it.

Quite a few non-enthusiasts in my workplace have asked me about Banshee. Only one person--from Louisville, no less, has asked about Kentucky Kingdom--yesterday. His question? "Are they ever going to announce any new rides?"

And this from a guy who keeps up with national affairs and things back in Louisville.

• Like 9

Did anyone else here purchase a season pass and use the option to upload your own photo? I did in mid-November, and I just got my pass today in the mail. Some things to note that you guys might find interesting:

1.) The photos on the passes do NOT look like what's shown on the website. Instead of color pictures with decent DPI as shown, it's very, very similar to what the old Paramount Park pass photos used to look like. Today's Six Flags pass photos look more detailed. Ironically, the format of the pass's front and back is REALLY similar to the Six Flags passes.

2.) MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE PHOTO SUGGESTIONS. I accidentally clicked through without reading them (the site doesn't give you a chance to read them once you've selected and uploaded a picture) and sent a rectangular portait photo. It's been smooshed down vertically so the photo is distorted. But on the plus side, it's a selfie of me in front of Firehawk, and I'm geeky enough to enjoy the irony of them inadvertently adjusting the photo so more of the ride is shown.

3.) The website says pass processing takes fourteen days. It's been almost four weeks since I purchased the pass, and I just got it today. I purchased a pass within a day of passes becoming available for sale, so maybe there was a backlog of passes to process. Or maybe my wonky pass picture threw things off. Or maybe only the Pony Express delivers mail out of Louisville. I dunno. I just know I get any orders from Holiday World within three business days or so of them sending it.

4.) The information card they send with your pass says your pass is valid for free rides during the Kentucky State Fair. The back of the pass says the pass is not valid during the Kentucky State Fair. Does the park (in the traditional sense) "close" during the fair and just become part of the fair? I'm a little confused by this.

• Like 1

I purchased one the morning following the announcement and uploaded a picture a couple days later. I was contacted this week about my photo needing to be rotated. I uploaded it straight from my iphone so I did not realize it was not oriented correctly. The person that contacted me had me email them another picture and said it would be processed shortly. I am hoping the pass comes sometime this week. I thought the option to upload the photo and get processed in advance was pretty cool. It sure beats standing in line at the park. I have only had season passes at two other parks so this may be more common than I realize but I have not seen the option before.

• Like 2