Kentucky Kingdom

And out of that large crowd I saw many applicants that I sincerely hope they do not hire. There were some being obnoxiously loud and believe it or not there were some that insisted they needed a seat while waiting in line for a nametag which took probably less than 5 minutes. I found it halarious that these people were asking to be hired for a job that would require them to stand on their feet for many hours and be in potentially 95 degree heat. I sure hope the people in charge were paying attention to what was going on because that sure caught my eye. Some of the departments were writing names down so they could pull up potential hires applications but others such as ride operations had a slightly larger crowd that would go in and out so he spoke most of the time and did not write names, although he said mine multiple times and talked to me for a minute. Once again really hope they saw who was acting professional and who seemed lazy because I would be upset if one sitting on a bench got hired over me, but I guess only time will tell. Wish me luck!

• Like 10

Directly from their Facebook:

"Wow! We've received over 7,000 applications so far! In response to the overwhelming number of applications being received it is necessary to temporarily suspend the online application process as management continues to evaluate those applications. PLEASE DO NOT CALL – this process will start January 13th and continue through mid-February. Thank you!"

• Like 6

2500 attended the job fair.

The park already had 1000 applications on hand.

According to WTOP Newsradio here in DC, Kentucky Kimgdom is no longer accepting job applications.

Because only 1/7 of those who submitted an application will get hired

http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/kentucky-news/kentucky-kingdom-no-longer-accepting-applications/-/9718420/23812328/-/1497skhz/-/index.html

• Like 2

If jobs were actually being handed out with 1/7 I'd have about a 14% shot, however, after seeing some other applicants and the fact it will be interview makes me feel fairly confident. I think I have somewhere between 70-80% chance.

My current boss said this as well as he was there that day for a meeting or something and he was like I had to use the restroom but some of the applicants scared me. Haha

• Like 4

If jobs were actually being handed out with 1/7 I'd have about a 14% shot, however, after seeing some other applicants and the fact it will be interview makes me feel fairly confident. I think I have somewhere between 70-80% chance.

My current boss said this as well as he was there that day for a meeting or something and he was like I had to use the restroom but some of the applicants scared me. Haha

What did you apply for?

Thunder Run/Twisted Twins could be taking The Beast's title of the worlds longest wooden coaster...Someone posted this on Themeparkreview

The guy was kidding...

Are you saying the person that posted on TPR was kidding, or the staff writer over at http://insiderlouisville.com/news/2014/01/06/monday-business-briefing-lousy-time-health-care-edition-problems-baptist-hospital-systems/

Insiders are telling MBB that Ed Hart is asking engineers to take on a big project at Kentucky Kingdom. Hart envisions taking the existing wooden roller coaster, Thunder Run, and connecting its 3,000 linear feet to a new wooden roller coaster, scheduled to debut in 2016, to create the world’s longest wooden coaster.

That post that shows up in the middle of their article seems quite fishy to me...

Ok how would that even work? Twisted Twins has two tracks I don't see how connecting Thunder Run would do anything besides ruin a racing coaster.

Edit: in case Terp saw I am aware Twisted Twins/Thunder Run are registered trademarks and must be capitalized.

• Like 1

I am still trying to understand the concept here. So you incorporate the 3000 ft of TR track into this new coaster. Is it still called Thunder Run, renamed Thunder Run Extended Version, or go with something else completely? If the new section of track is not over 3,000ft (more than 50%) longer than the track that TR current occupies, can you classify it as a new coaster? If this was a CF park I would see PR and Marketing having a hard time selling this, even to the GP.

• Like 3

I am still trying to understand the concept here. So you incorporate the 3000 ft of TR track into this new coaster. Is it still called Thunder Run, renamed Thunder Run Extended Version, or go with something else completely? If the new section of track is not over 3,000ft (more than 50%) longer than the track that TR current occupies, can you classify it as a new coaster? If this was a CF park I would see PR and Marketing having a hard time selling this, even to the GP.

But it's not CF. It's a single park that may be far more desperate than we can imagine.

• Like 11

I'm not an engineer, but from the way I see it.....

It doesn't really seem like there would be a cost appropriate way of doing this with their kind of budget, If there's a way of doing it at all.

Thunder Run and Twisted Twins have completely different support structures considering that TR has wood and TT has steel.....

Also, on top of that, the layout for Twisted Twins doesn't really provide any place for connecting the two tracks, let alone trying to connect them both to Thunder Run....

The only company that would be able to work this out for them would probably be The Gravity Group, but I still don't see how even the engineers there could pull it off.

I don't know where they'd Ever get the money in their 2016 budget to do this kind of thing but if they did, I think it would be a better decision to start from scratch with a new wooden coaster. Because right now it seems like a situation where Hart is saying 'Lets see what we can do with what we have' instead of 'What type of new things can we bring in' which can sometimes be a problem.

.....Anyway....Just my opinion........They would be better starting all over, building a new wooden coaster from the ground up.....

• Like 1

I'm not an engineer, but from the way I see it.....

It doesn't really seem like there would be a cost appropriate way of doing this with their kind of budget, If there's a way of doing it at all.

Thunder Run and Twisted Twins have completely different support structures considering that TR has wood and TT has steel.....

See also Zeus at Mt. Olympus, which uses both steel and wood for its structure.

Not saying the rest of your concerns aren't valid, but there really isn't a reason a structure can't feature both wood and steel for supports.

• Like 3