Kentucky Kingdom

I'm even more amazed that a member of their staff got upset over how much we were discussing Kentucky Kingdom...and quit posting here. An innate sense of what helps the park is sadly lacking. Like announcing the coaster on a social network at nearly midnight on a Saturday night. The mind...boggles.

Even under Mr. Hart the first time around, The Thrill Park was never known for its stellar marketing. Ironically, the positioning of the park as The Thrill Park was the sole bright and shining exception.

One wonders what it is the PR folk ARE doing each day to promote the park. Perhaps they are so understaffed that it is doing group sales and mailing out season passes. Perhaps, like park cleanup, they need to solicit volunteers to market the place.

• Like 12

82 Pages of discussion about the New Kentucky Kingdom and like Terpy said they were upset with some well deserved criticism. 82 pages of discussion is more generated PR than "They" have done for their park... Some may say what is the value in a site like this? Ever wonder why KI PR is very interested with the goings on within this site? Sites like this and others can be a great asset for parks, if properly managed.

This is not the Field of Dreams, just because you build it does not mean people will come: See Hard Rock Park...

• Like 12

Just remember, forums, clubs, communities and fanbases are free advertising for parks :rolleyes: .

I'm glad to see what is coming, actually there on site. The coaster looks just right for the make and model, and the blue is absolutely fantastic.

• Like 3

All negativity, disgust, and low hopes aside. I am very excited to ride this, this year at least, ride. It will be good to see all the things they have done to "spruce" up the park, and get it ready for the re-opening in person. I'll be sure to take many of pictures to share. ;)

• Like 6

This park has still left me waiting as to a hiring decision. As far as I know people were still being interviewed as of two weeks ago, it seems like I have been waiting forever for their decision, I wish they were like Kings Island and told you on the spot if you were hired or not.

• Like 5

You can't give them that much grief. Think about it, Kings Island is a rooted park, with year-round employees who work with a program which helps them get the word out if you are hired sooner than later. Kentucky Kingdom, on the other hand, is a "transplanted park" so to speak, meaning that it was there, just under new ownership. They have multitudes of employment applications, and interviews, and they probably don't have the department size that Kings Island has for such an feat. Have you even thought that maybe they may just have priorities set at interviews first, then contacting soon-to-be employees? You should be glad that they actually interviewed you, they could of just as easily said "nope" and dumped your application in the trash. Yet, they didn't, right? You got interviewed, and you are waiting for confirmation on if you are hired or not, they have interest in you, and for good reason. They see that you do have potential, and they probably want you on their team. Think positively on this, and call back even, be that avid employee that they want, be the employee who is excited to work at Kentucky Kingdom, don't be a bump on the log and gripe about the wait.

The best things take a tad bit more time than others, and the things that take the most time, usually have the best benefits. (I E: Gardening, building, etc)

• Like 2

Not griping, just feeling a bit anxious. Seeing another poster on here go to interview with Kings Island today and coming back hours later with a decision just made me wish. I think it is likely they will hire me but the wait is just almost killing me.

• Like 4

sometimes its the little things that tell you the most. When an employer makes a promise and doesnt keep it (even little ones), it shows the respect they have for the employees.

KI - interview and decision in one day. They know if they like a person they need to hire them before they lose them for another job. PLus if it doesnt work out, you can always replace

BG- makes a 2 week promise calls back in 6 weeks.

KK - interview and no decision.

At most places, if you are not contacted you are to assume they didnt hire you. I wonder how many people they will lose to other jobs before making a decison. Then again, they did ask for free labor to clean the park up.

KK, IMHO, are taking 2 steps forward and 2 steps backwards in every phase of the reopening of this park.

Gets a new roller coaster, announces it quietly on facebook.

Roller coaster arrives on park, pictures released on facebook.

Holds a huge job fair, asks for free labor.

Puts up a billboard, runs no other advertising.

• Like 4