Kentucky Kingdom

Coaster is looking great, still can't believe how little attention this has gained. Could be a great little coaster model for parks to add that doesn't cost an arm and leg and that bridges the gap between kiddie coasters and high thrill coasters. What I would refer to as a Family/Junior Thrill Ride

• Like 6

Coaster is looking great, still can't believe how little attention this has gained. Could be a great little coaster model for parks to add that doesn't cost an arm and leg and that bridges the gap between kiddie coasters and high thrill coasters. What I would refer to as a Family/Junior Thrill Ride

Are prototypes usually cheaper?

I have no knowledge in this area, but I would guess that prototypes are usually more expensive than future clones, because of all of the design work that goes into making the prototype and because you're making the pieces for the first time. With clones, the design is already done, and the machine data already exists to produce the pieces, so there would be less work and therefore less cost involved. Again, this is just a guess; I'd be interested to hear from someone with actual knowledge on this subject.

• Like 5

I wouldn't call Lightning Run a prototype. Think of a prototype as something that breaks new ground. Cable lift, Inverted, Hydraulic Launch, Wing, 4th Dimension. These new rides typically have some never before used technology, track design, or train design. Nothing about this ride screams prototype to me, more of a new model. Chance/Morgan has done Hyper Coasters and Family Coasters. This fits somewhere in the middle.

The lower cost is due to small footprint, less steel and things along those lines. After all this is not a very large coaster so the cost isn't going to be huge. Think roughly the length of The Bat at KI with about the same ride time.

• Like 4

When I was on spring break last week, Ads where everywhere throughout the Louisville area. From transit buses to billboards. I am also hearing that TV advertisements are officially on the air.

side note...From a picture I have seen, Lightning Run's main course is completed.

• Like 5

Kentucky Kingdom on Facebook :

"With the arrival of Spring, we thought it was only fitting that we show off the progress that's been made on the Pounce and Bounce!"

2cqe2xu.jpg

Photo : Kentucky Kingdom via Facebook

....On a side note.....

I honestly have to say that the name of the ride pictured above, Pounce and Bounce, is probably one of the worst names I have heard for a children's ride in a long time. It sounds more like the name of something a toddler would use to play in before learning to walk. :P

• Like 7

Well, I am no longer allowed to speak of happenings in the park but I can say Lightning Run looks bigger than I expected. Saw it up close and personal for the first time during orientation. Don't know why it isn't being promoted more but I guess time will tell.

• Like 6