Kentucky Kingdom

Okay this might answer our question about the weight limit.

Comment from KK about the Flying Scooters weight limit "It is actually 340 lbs per car. A larger person can ride alone, or a larger and smaller person can ride together as long as the combined weight does not exceed 340 lbs per car."

• Like 7

I really wish I could buy a season pass. It's probably not going to happen this year, but still hoping for a trip this summer.

On our way to the Louisville area last night, I only saw one billboard for Kentucky Kingdom. I was driving and ended up slowing down behind slow drivers or I really would not have even noticed it. I really was hoping they would have been all over the place and more visible. Maybe I was just not paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

So the Huntington, WV newspaper today runs its annual the parks are opening article. This year, it includes the Kingdom:

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/briefs/x571848411/Regional-amusement-parks-set-to-open-for-the-season-soon

Unfortunately for Mr. Hart, the Kingdom it includes is at Myrtle Beach!

Great PR job there yet again, Mr. Hart & Co. (Note that Ashland, KY is part of the Huntington-Ashland metro. Skipping the HD for press releases is a major, glaring error)

• Like 9

The word is spreading, I have seen Billboards and TV spots. The wife has been asked by several friends if we will be purchasing passes. She politely tells them that while we will be visiting the park this season it will most likely be a one time thing.

It like a punch... Exac.....okay, just right now at this moment an advertisement just pop up on my TV set that today was the last day to Get a pass at 59.99 before they go up to 99.95 tomorrow

But it is like a punch...exactly two month before the park opens we start seeing discriptive ads everywhere, and I bet this is only a teaser of what is to come...

I was suprise to see that the news has made it down to Alabama

http://www.wtvy.com/news/morningshow/headlines/Kentucky-Kingdom-Nearly-Ready-to-Reopen-254677951.html

So the Huntington, WV newspaper today runs its annual the parks are opening article. This year, it includes the Kingdom:

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/briefs/x571848411/Regional-amusement-parks-set-to-open-for-the-season-soon

Courtesy of Kings Island Kings Island's Red Racer will give its 100 millioneth ride in 2014.

So the Herald Dispatch knows the 100 millionth rider will choose red?

• Like 6

Maybe the new marketing campaign will be to get people to travel 9 hours to visit the park. I mean since its being picked up by an AL station located in the middle of no where AL.

The word is spreading, I have seen Billboards and TV spots. The wife has been asked by several friends if we will be purchasing passes. She politely tells them that while we will be visiting the park this season it will most likely be a one time thing.

It like a punch... Exac.....okay, just right now at this moment an advertisement just pop up on my TV set that today was the last day to Get a pass at 59.99 before they go up to 99.95 tomorrow

But it is like a punch...exactly two month before the park opens we start seeing discriptive ads everywhere, and I bet this is only a teaser of what is to come...

I was suprise to see that the news has made it down to Alabama

http://www.wtvy.com/news/morningshow/headlines/Kentucky-Kingdom-Nearly-Ready-to-Reopen-254677951.html

Not that surprising. It was a 20 second voice over. No Sound on Tape. Both stations (the AL and the original footage state in KY) are CBS stations. This means they share a news feed channel. WLKY (the Kentucky station) shot the video and wrote the voice over piece. They then uploaded it to the feed channel for any other CBS station that wants to use it.

How do I know this? Well the WTVY (AL station) put up a marker showing where they got the footage (WLKY). Soooo probably not so much as a station needing to add some filler. Sorry to burst the bubble there.

• Like 1

Actually it was a Voice Over. It started with a stand up then cover video was played while he voiced over the video.

Take it from me who spent almost 10 years in and around TV/Radio stations.

Dont confuse news traveling with extra stories. News traveling would be an article talking about summer destinations and KK is mentioned among others.

• Like 1

I have been living in Kentucky my whole life and just moments ago I have seen, for the first time, a television advertisement that had solely focused on Dollywood and their new family coaster. "FOR THE FIRST TIME". I have seen ads with clips of Dollywood that focused on gatinlinburg, but not Dollywood alone. I wonder if this had anything to do with Kentucky Kingdom reopening.

Louisville is a primary market for Dollywood. They have advertised to the Louisville market for many years, just as Holiday World markets in Nashville.

Just as when you buy a car you suddenly see more of that type of car on the highway, your heightened sensitivity to park advertising has made you more aware of the Dollywood ads. And, there's a new coaster for Dollywood to market.

• Like 4

Louisville is a primary market for Dollywood. They have advertised to the Louisville market for many years, just as Holiday World markets in Nashville.

Just as when you buy a car you suddenly see more of that type of car on the highway, your heightened sensitivity to park advertising has made you more aware of the Dollywood ads. And, there's a new coaster for Dollywood to market.

I have never seen billboards advertising this park around the Louisville/Lexington area, and I have never seen a commercial just for Dollywood until yesterday night, and this was in Lexington. As I said previously, I look forwards theme park ads year after year because I love seeing coasters on television. I have never seen an ad for Mystery Mine in 2007 nor Wild Eagle when that ride was introduced just two years ago. Many people around here don't even know what Dollywood is unless they have been to Gattininbrug or is making a trip to Gattlinburg believe it or not. The only parks I see in this area on my television is Disney World, Universal Studios, Holiday World, Kings Island, and Kentucky Kingdom. The only ads I seen for this park is brochures when I go to my parents credit union.

Have Kings Island been showing TV ads up north? I haven't seen anything yet down here in Louisville/Lexington. Usually I see heavy advertisement. Maybe it is because I hardly have any TV any more because of school.

Not with every pass. They have held several small events at which they give them out as door prizes or I'm sure they can probably be purchased. It may have been someone from the orientation that now works there, they gave several of them out on multiple occasions.

• Like 3