Kentucky Kingdom

I wonder if that did any damage to the electrical systems on the ride. Having lightning strike that close or even hit a structure can easily destroy electrical systems. I hope they either have or are reviewing the addition of a lightning suppression/protection system for this and other tall rides in the park.

I'd keep shut on the topic. as I would think that the same standards that apply to any Kings Island employee on KIC would apply to any other situation, even if it is not a KI employee.

• Like 2

Hate to double post but I found out where I am going to be stationed for the 2014 season. You all can find me in the "Thunder Zone" which includes Thunder Run, Mile High Falls, Roller Skater, Flying Dutchman, Fire Chief, and Bella Musica. I hope to see some of you this summer!

• Like 8

Wow even I haven't been up there yet. That looks like one heck of a slide!

Edit: Also I am starting to be nervous for the opening day. It's quickly approaching and I feel we are going to be very busy. Can't believe how quickly the day is approaching.

• Like 2

Guys I received a large surprise from the Kingdom today. I learned I was being promoted to be in charge of the operation of the Thunder Zone. Apparently I have really impressed in the last few months with my quality of work. This will give me an even greater chance of interacting with some of you as I will be moving sporadically throughout my zone to ensure smooth and proper operation. I just really hope I am able to live up to and exceed all standards that are expected of me and I am now ready for Kentucky Kingdom's 2014 season. See all of you guys there!

• Like 20