Kentucky Kingdom

To bounce off of what sccard01 just posted a little bit....

Irvine Ondrey Enginerring on Facebook:

"It's official: I deem Lightning Run awesome. There are a ton of surprises in it for a coaster of its size and it's relentless. Elements just keep flying at you. Airtime? Oh yes. I think we have seen the second coming of Chance Rides with this one. I hit the top of the lift to grab this shot for you guys. -Anne #irvineondreyengineering"

157n7zm.jpg

Photo : Anne / Irvine Ondrey Engineering via Facebook

.....And finally.....On a side note......

Irvine Ondrey Engineering is the company providing the control system for Lightning Run, for those of you who weren't aware.

• Like 4

I believe Irvine Ondrey Engineering also recently did a controls revamp on Kennywood's Auto Race, by the by. From what I've read from some Kennywood ride ops online, that ride used to be one of the most difficult rides in the park to operate. I've never ridden Auto Race, so I don't know understand how that ride works.

Also, if she loves Magnum... Consider me HIGHLY interested in getting on Lightning Run. It made me very, very happy to finally get back in the first car of Magnum today after at least two years of not riding/riding elsewhere in the train. I forgot how much I love that dang ride.

• Like 4

I believe Irvine Ondrey Engineering also recently did a controls revamp on Kennywood's Auto Race, by the by. From what I've read from some Kennywood ride ops online, that ride used to be one of the most difficult rides in the park to operate. I've never ridden Auto Race, so I don't know understand how that ride works.

Not to hijack the thread, but what have you read? It seems like a regular ride with automatic operations...but maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Kentucky Kingdom on Facebook :

"Our Aquatics team is not only conscientious about water safety, but also water cleanliness. Here’s a picture of part of our Aquatics team making sure that Mile High Falls looks clean and presentable for opening day."

344bp1w.jpg

Photo : Kentucky Kingdom via Facebook

...On a side note....

I'm still really loving the new deep blue / teal color that was painted on Mile High Fall's supports back in the fall.

• Like 4

Tonight while training at Thunder Run I learned ACE would be at the Kingdom this Saturday. We were told to watch out for their questions as they would be asking a lot of things we aren't supposed to answer. So I think it is funny how we got a "warning".

• Like 9

Alas, we have a POV video of Lightning Run.

Looks like original was made private, but here is it form Chance.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. Apparently I forgot that I had just posted in this thread....

Edited by Hendrick
  • Like 3

Yeah....I'm not a fan of the foot restraints on Flight of Fear as they sometimes cut off circulation to my feet. Restraints against the knee/shin with those ridiculous air time hills and quick transitions looks like bad mojo.

Some of the transitions on the peaks of the later hills reminds me of Arrow transitions, and not in a good way.

• Like 2

I really hope the train does not take away from the enjoyment of this ride. The shin restraints also seem to tuck the riders legs back somewhat. Look at the knees and shins of the riders in the video and how the restraints seem to tuck their feet back. Just odd looking.

Those have to be, by far, the biggest piece of crap restraints Ive ever seen in my Life. I say this, because FoFs OTSRs were before my Kings Island visiting days. These atrocities make Maverick's head-bangers look like the best thing since sliced bread! Since I am in no way one who goes to a park simply for one ride (Thunder Run), this will still be a park I can and will say Ive never been to.