WHO'S READY TO SEE A MIDGET BLEED?

BoddaH1994

I always thought the Holloween events at KI pushed the envelope even before Cedar Fair took over. At the same time, I have always found the Holloween events at CP to be more "lighthearted", family friendly, not nearly as intense as those at KI.

But what makes this so different from regular wrestling? "Midgets" are just regular people. If I had this disease, I would be offended that someone that this was bad just because it's only "Midgets". I would feel that they think i'm not a normal person, so I should be treated different.

I don't mean anything by calling them "midgets" just simply using the word in the context of the video that the park uses.

"

But what makes this so different from regular wrestling? "Midgets" are just regular people. If I had this disease, I would be offended that someone that this was bad just because it's only "Midgets". I would feel that they think i'm not a normal person, so I should be treated different.

I don't mean anything by calling them "midgets" just simply using the word in the context of the video that the park uses.

"Midget" is the terminology this group prefers rather than the more PC term "little people"

I don't understand what's so offensive. What I find offensive is that people are going to watch people getting *fake* beat up, blood all over the place, and extreme gore. I don't get it. No offense to anybody on here who does want to see it, but it just seems useless and a waste of money.

Make no mistake about it, I would feel exactly the same towards Kings Island's Halloween Haunt, its staff and management if this were seven feet tall wrestlers for a so-called Halloween event. The size of the combatants has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about this matter. And I truly doubt I am alone. After last year's stunt, I knew they couldn't stoop any lower.

They have.

This even makes the table tennis stunt in the fountain look classy and elegant.

My question is, was Kings Island just arbitrarily chosen as the park that would get the mortifyingly white-trash event? Or was this a planned singling out of our event as the most trashy? Canada's Wonderland, Carowinds, Great America, Kings Dominion... Each had to transition from the much "lighter" FearFest to the "more intense" Haunt, and none ended up being so overtly and intentionally trashy as ours...

Midget Wrestling at Kings Dominion? Valleyfair? Knott's Berry Farm? Dream on...

And just think of the poor Knott's fans, who were perfectly content with their incredible, more-psychological-than-physical, classy, one-of-a-kind Haunt, and who now find some midget-wrestling event in Southern Ohio shares its name... And for those who haven't been to Knott's Haunt, know this - their event and ours are alike in name only. The similarities end there.

I don't understand what's so offensive. What I find offensive is that people are going to watch people getting *fake* beat up, blood all over the place, and extreme gore. I don't get it. No offense to anybody on here who does want to see it, but it just seems useless and a waste of money.

I would hate to lose my $0.00 to see the show.

Make no mistake about it, I would feel exactly the same towards Kings Island's Halloween Haunt, its staff and management if this were seven feet tall wrestlers for a so-called Halloween event. The size of the combatants has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about this matter. And I truly doubt I am alone. After last year's stunt, I knew they couldn't stoop any lower.

They have.

This even makes the table tennis stunt in the fountain look classy and elegant.

I agree with Terpy, the size of the people doing the fighting is not my reason for being so against it (though the slogan is really, really bad...).

And in regards to what goodyellowkorn said, I was asking myself the exact same question when I foung out about this...

Why couldn't they have done another show, produced by the entertainment people at Kings Island. I thought they were proud of their past shows? I know Hot Blooded is returning, but a new one would have been nice and could have gone in the Festhaus instead of this garbage...

• Like 1

Different types of entertainment draw different types of crowds, with different spending habits, too.

Security is going to have their work cut out for them. And the park will certainly be able to sell all kinds of beer to this group, IF it is ready to accept the consequences that may come with that.

Talk about playing with fire...

I can only imagine the reaction this would get in the greater San Fran/Santa Clara area.

The park would never, ever get anything it wanted politically again.

In Canada, legal action would almost certainly result, against the park, for human rights violations.

You would be amazed the wrestling that took place in San Fran back in the 90's, then, Terpy. Believe me, this is mild compared to Incredibly Strange Wrestling and the stuff that took place there.

RD (who has actually written three books on pro wrestling, believe it or not)

• Like 1

Did you ever think you'd see a time when the park would WANT stuff like this posted?

Cedar Fair ain't Paramount Parks...

Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, it's a true thing.

Some ways? Since Cedar Fair took over the boo events, being offensive is part of the point. At one time, they even proudly trumpeted there were no limits. And anyone who found anything offensive was told not to come by some of those here.

It's called marketing. This is apparently what they want...

I doubt this was some directive from Sandusky. When CF streamlines things, they're streamlined: Shared commercials for the parks; Recycled names for attractions (Halloween and otherwise); Some CapEx decisions (WindSeeker(s), "x" # of GCI coasters, etx); and some company wide event planning (Wallenda's visits).

This event (as well as the orchestrated fiasco last year) look to me to be totally locally produced. It seems, at least to me, that as long as the money comes in and the protesters keep away that the individual parks have a good amount of freedom with their Halloween budgets. I've said it here before, but I would much rather visit CP's HalloWeekends over KI's Haunt. It's all about personal preference, but the Sandusky's approach comes across to me as being much more tastefully done, and I find myself getting genuinely scared in their attractions, as opposed to the gross out style at KI.