WHO'S READY TO SEE A MIDGET BLEED?

BoddaH1994

I submit that Cedar Point is a legacy park that gets a LOT more personal attention from one Richard Kinzel who does, after all, live in the parking lot. Of course it is more tasteful. At Kings Island, the locals may well get to decide what is presented, unless and until Uncle Richard's attention is called to things, as it was last year after a certain television station got wind of the bones of the event.

And I totally agree...it was cynically orchestrated from day one.

I submit that Cedar Point is a legacy park that gets a LOT more personal attention from one Richard Kinzel who does, after all, live in the parking lot. Of course it is more tasteful. At Kings Island, the locals may well get to decide what is presented, unless and until Uncle Richard's attention is called to things, as it was last year after a certain television station got wind of the bones of the event.

And I totally agree...it was cynically orchestrated from day one.

But do the other parks get as extreme with their events? I know that Knott's has a great event (and probably, on the "taste" meter [if a metric can be applied to such things] seems to fall somewhere in-between CP and KI), but what about KD? CW? Do they pull these stunts as well?

I'd also be very interested to see the per-cap's from both KI's Haunt (where I see mostly teens) and CP's HalloWeekends (where I see mostly families).

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom had wrestling its last few seasons. It came with a host of security problems, which the park, largely, dealt with. Concurrently, and perhaps not coincidentally, attendance fell precipitously. Yes, there were other factors, too.

Still, I do hope Kings Island is fully aware of what it is getting into. I am not at all certain that it is.

Different types of entertainment draw different types of crowds, with different spending habits, too.

Security is going to have their work cut out for them. And the park will certainly be able to sell all kinds of beer to this group, IF it is ready to accept the consequences that may come with that.

Talk about playing with fire...

You got that right-I suspect first aid will be extremely busy as well.

Interestingly enough, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom had wrestling its last few seasons. It came with a host of security problems, which the park, largely, dealt with. Concurrently, and perhaps not coincidentally, attendance fell precipitously. Yes, there were other factors, too.

Still, I do hope Kings Island is fully aware of what it is getting into. I am not at all certain that it is.

Sad thing is that KK's wrestling was actually 'old school' southern style wrestling from WWE's farm system league, Ohio Valley Wrestling. They wouldn't generally have the same type of hardcore wrestling you'd see from the Half Pint Brawlers crew. If anything, the crowds for this will be MUCH worse and more bloodthirsty than anything from OVW, which, believe it or not, was actually fairly well respected.

RD

• Like 1

A bit harsh coming from me, but if Kings Island jumps another spot in the list for Best Halloween Attractions next year, I'm not going back for the Haunt.

I thought it was bad enough that they're number five as it is with what all happened last year, but now with backyard wrestling involved (of which it involves the real bloodshed and violence shown in the trailer above), they've pretty much opened door for any sort of violence to come into the park, staged or real, monsters or guests.

And I know it's in a (somewhat) secluded area within the Festhaus and not out in the open for families to catch a peek and get offended by, but there's two things still wrong with this:

1) It's the Festhaus. The most popular place to eat in the park has the most graphic experience in the park hidden inside its doors. Don't think it will have that much of an effect? Think back to last year's Ghouls Gone Wild when the "late-nite" version debuted. All that was different was shorter skirts and a swear thrown into the mix. Was nothing compared to Dead Awakening/Hot Blooded at the Showplace Theater.

2) Drunks don't stay in one place for too long. Especially when they're in the middle of an amusement park, at night, during October, and there are haunted houses to mess around in. Unless the shows are continuous in the Festhaus (which they aren't according to the schedule on the site), then they'll get up and go run around the park causing a ruckus (most likely attempting to recreate some of the moves they just saw during the show with catastrophic results).

• Like 1

If you ask me, this should end up being the final impetus to limit the number of alcoholic beverages one can consume during Halloween Haunt in the park. I understand that it's probably the largest income the park has besides admission, especially during this event. But as we ended up discussing last year once some of the park's "scareactors" got on here and made note of physical & verbal abuse from intoxicated guests, there is a point where the safety & comfort of guests and employees must be a higher priority than income from alcohol sales.

And this year, with big groups of men hanging around in the Festhaus watching this absolutely abhorrent wrestling stunt, things will NOT get better, and I highly doubt they'll stay the same, either...

• Like 1

I think Mr. Dick Kinzel and his lovely wife should visit the Fest House, unannounced, the second or third Saturday night of Haunt. Dick can explain to his lovely wife how very proud he is of Kings Island. The KI higher ups can be there with them. It should be...interesting. Perhaps they should also invite some of Mr. Raynor's folk from Texas. I am sure he'd be impressed.

I'd pay a lot of nickels to have him watch this show, then take the state to deliver a short little message about how proud he is of Kings Island and (lest we forget) how "it's back to the way it was in the 80's and early 90's!" Oh, except when it comes to midget wrestling, bloody, nasty Halloween events, a lack of theme, disregard for atmosphere, awful food at terrible prices, refusing refunds after a four hour blackout, etc.

Yeah. Lindler would be proud.

• Like 1

Last Haunt was only a bad dream, compared to this year:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JSIxEN4usU8

Their exact words to begin the commercial....prophetic?

EDIT: I have put the youtube link back here twice..it is from the park's own youtube channel...If they are not proud of it, why did they produce it?

I actually don't see the problem with this commercial. It very much advertises the scary content of Halloween Haunt, without trying to offend anyone.

I must agree that the Midget Wrestling video is way out of hand. What are they trying to prove? Its disgusting, to say the least.

You all know Patton Oswalt once said, " If you bonk a midget on the top of their head, gold coins shoot out of their mouth!"

I guess we'll find out.

This is mine and my wife's first haunt, and this is just scary. Not in a fun way, but in a disturbing, drunken redneck, trailer trash, Jerry Springer kind of way.

• Like 1

You all know Patton Oswalt once said, " If you bonk a midget on the top of their head, gold coins shoot out of their mouth!"

I guess we'll find out.

This is mine and my wife's first haunt, and this is just scary. Not in a fun way, but in a disturbing, drunken redneck, trailer trash, Jerry Springer kind of way.

Well, Mr. Springer WAS once the good ol' Mayor of Cincinnati. Maybe this was all his idea. ;)

• Like 1

I was actually thinking of checking out the show as I have never been to a wrestling show in person and I thought maybe it would be a fun show with fun characters like the Macho Man. ( OHH, Yeah!!!-I used to love that guy.) After seeing the graphic, gory video, I think I will just stick with my DB marathoning.

• Like 1

I see I am not the Lone Ranger. I had slightly considered visiting KI during part of Haunt...but now am considering marathoning Steel Force, Nitro or Goliath instead. So much to ponder...

Or, put another way:

Who's Ready To See A Midget Bleed?

NOT ME.

Not sure if you've ever made it up to CP for Halloweekends, but the experience is totally different than KI's. The decor around the park is family-friendly "spooky" stuff, the Magical House on Boo Hill for kids is more richly-detailed than any of KI's (and most of CP's!) houses, there is an awesome parade, cute shows and kids' costume contests; the atmosphere is magical.

And even if you do decide to venture into a house or scare zone, they tend to be more in the "surprise" and "bizarre" types of scary, not the gory and gross type of scary. Further, I would recommend making it into Boeckling's Eerie Estate and Happy Jack's Toy Factory... the houses are beautifully done, and a trip thru is worth the scares just to see the fine work they've done in them.

And not a single wrestling midget to be found. Scout's honor.

• Like 1

How will that video be used by the park?

Maybe they'll ask their friend, the media director of a popular Kings Island fan website, to link to it, with an ALL-CAPS title, and a Parental Advisory warning to help drum up discussion/attention/controversy - with any luck, the local "news" will pick up the story and help with the promotion.

After seeing the graphic, gory video, I think I will just stick with my DB marathoning.

I agree - Now I know to avoid the "show". I hadn't been too bothered by this until I watched the video.

My take: It's professional wrestling! Everybody knows it's a scripted show! If the crowd is as white trash as everybody seems to think, they won't be able to afford KI's beer prices. And midgets have to make a living like everybody else! What do you expect them to do? This....?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_CAs3q7G48

But seriously, my prediction is that the event will be so ridiculous that most people will be unable to endure it unless they are laughing..... Does midget wrestling really have any "fans"?

Maybe they'll ask their friend, the media director of a popular Kings Island fan website, to link to it, with an ALL-CAPS title, and a Parental Advisory warning to help drum up discussion/attention/controversy - with any luck, the local "news" will pick up the story and help with the promotion.

...and it's working.