WHO'S READY TO SEE A MIDGET BLEED?

BoddaH1994

^Very few members are offended by the show itself.

If you don't understand what points certain members have been trying to make, I'd suggest you reread this topic's discussion.

So I should go back and reread this topic's discussion?

Really?

It all depends... I did, in order to make sure I haven't been making that big of misinterpretations. Maybe I've just been unclear, but you didn't seem to understand the message I was trying to get across 5+ pages back.

Actually, I'd suggest anyone who's expressed his or her opinion to go back and reread previous pages in this topic. You can learn a lot.

Yeah I haven't felt mad once. Surprised at the misinterpretations and desperate attempts to prove someone else wrong, sure.

Gibson, exiting stage left as he knows when a gig is over.

Edit: to add... In Spanish it is said that you are mad with someone, not at them. That's a huge connotative difference.

I also learned something a long time ago. Understanding why others disagree with you is incredibly insightful (and another reason I love this site).

It is too bad that when people: disagree on something, voice an opinion, and discuss/ debate, it is considered a fight.

I feel this thread overall has been an excellent discussion.

I learned a LONG time ago that it is in society's nature to disagree.

Keep it business-like and never let it get personal. Objectivity and open-mindedness can go a long way...

Agreed, with both of you. I've found this topic quite interesting and packed with discussion, but have not seen the fighting some people see. Maybe, just maybe, an argument or two. Still, I've interpreted this topic as being as a two- sided argument... Not all too different than the political system the United States has had for years. Well, maybe a little less corrupt. smile.gif

On the other hand, maybe I'm desensitized by all of the stuff we all had to deal with just over a year ago. wink.gif

• Like 1

^I will probably go see the event one day while I am at the park, am I ready for it? Do I want to see it? Meh, it wouldn't matter to me if they did have it or not, if it is entertaining when I see it then I will get good enjoyment out of it, if it is not, then I will not go back again and consider it a lesson learned.

Double posted from another thread, but I thought it fit here as well:

Quick report from the park. I stuck my head in the Festhaus to see the 7:30 show. Don't want to give anything away but:

1 the show was ....well.... SHORT (just a joke)

2 Puppet is the OWNER of HPB. Explaining all his publicity. This is not a spoiler, he said so in his opening speech. WARNING, your children might learn some new words.

Everyone, was entertained and well behaved. There was plenty of security and a good time seemed to be had by all.

Everything seemed safe and as far as I know no problems occured, so if ya wanna see it, nothing really to be concerned about.

Honestly it was kind of anti-climactic, after all the energy expended here. But Kirk was right, at least it got us through the times the park was closed.

The Haunt overall is Fantastic! ENJOY!!!

• Like 1

^Are you telling me random fat, drunk, pieces of white trash didn't randomly come up and hit with a beer can? Oh well, then I'm sure they at least ran around the park naked, swearing like sailors, while running around punching people in the face at random? Oh, and of course I'm sure RIGHT NOW a group of hillbillies has just broken into the park, while riding a tractor and our planning to burn the park to a crisp.

Edit: Apparently there has been some confusion. The post above is a satire and not serious.

^Are you telling me random fat, drunk, pieces of white trash didn't randomly come up and hit with a beer can? Oh well, then I'm sure they at least ran around the park naked, swearing like sailors, while running around punching people in the face at random? Oh, and of course I'm sure RIGHT NOW a group of hillbillies has just broken into the park, while riding a tractor and our planning to burn the park to a crisp.

Edit: Apparently there has been some confusion. The post above is a satire and not serious.

I'm still laughing at your post. Kind of sad that you have to explain that it's satire.

Ok - so I saw a status update as I was walking past Festhaus on my way out last night that a few of my friends were watching the show so I went in to say hi. Here were my impressions of the limited time I was there:

- Crowd was normal HH crowd

- There was a ton of KI leadership/security in the building watching the show

- The crowd was not really getting into the show (more laughter than cheering)

- Crowd was big, although $10 seats were empty

- I did not find it funny or entertaining, but am not the target audience

It will probably be viewed as a success based upon attendance, but I still think it was a bad choice for the park.

• Like 1

^

Umm...

There are those of us who were never at all worried about the situation inside Festhaus, but worried about what might happen in areas of the park with less security.

Where did the informative post mention that the Festhaus was only being discussed?

Honestly, some people need to stop looking for a problem.

I just watched the show. It was one of the dumbest/funniest/pointless things I have ever seen. It was very humorous. The midget (Puppet) kept whacking his opponent with a garbage can lid. They also stapled papers to the midgets tongue. No blood, but it was still pointless...

This seemed tasteless and lame from the beginning, and that video makes me think so even more. It not scary, or gross, or exciting, its just.......stupid......I must be missing something.

Believe me, your not. I saw It last night and it was really STUPID. What was even more stupid was that they were selling "ring-side seats for $10. I mean, who would pay that much to see something like that up close. Also, you could've gotten there earlier and get a good seat and pay nothing. Yikes, CF this is horrible.

• Like 2

In my opinion, both sides of the argument need to stop. I'm absolutely shocked at how inflated this battle has become. People can have their own opinions and predictions about it, but both sides are building baseless arguments and starting to sling mud. I suggest that we all wait to see the show and then make conclusions.

Jackson, who can't see the future.....

You refered to "Inflated Battle" about Midget Wrestling!...... That's Funny!

I agree with you completely. Notice the voice of reason from a 14 year old....Well done.

He might be 14, but I bet he could write better than you any day.

HTCO, who honestly think age doesn't matter when it comes to opinions...

• Like 1

In my opinion, both sides of the argument need to stop. I'm absolutely shocked at how inflated this battle has become. People can have their own opinions and predictions about it, but both sides are building baseless arguments and starting to sling mud. I suggest that we all wait to see the show and then make conclusions.

I agree with you completely. Notice the voice of reason from a 14 year old....Well done.

Geez people..... it was a compliment to his maturity and level headedness, nothing negative was written or implied. I agreed with him!

But I really appreciate the personal attack. I bet my midget can beat up your midget!

I'd say get there no less than 15 minutes before the show if you want a decent seat. Each show has had a lot of patrons. Upwards of 1,000 in some cases.

I've also heard that the shows get more intense as the night goes on, so the 7:30 show is slightly less intense than the 9:00 one, for example. So you might want to go to a later show if you want to see a more intense show.

I did not watch the show, but I wanted to chime in here and say I felt extremely safe last night, and we were on the last Beast train of the night..so we had to walk through an almost empty park. All day/night there were security personnel EVERYWHERE. Lines for rides, stations, random places throughout the park. I couldn't tell you how many yellow jackets there were, but security was heavy. Not once did I feel threatened or unsafe. It was nice to have security in line rides. It cut out line jumping completely.

My only 2 issues from last night were smokers in line rides (my allergies went nuts and I'm still dealing with that today) and teenagers flipping off ride cameras. My husband and I wanted to buy pictures from the rides but were only able to do so once. All the others ended up being locked due to vulgar things. Otherwise, if you have any doubts about going due to safety issues, I honestly wouldn't worry. Crowds were HEAVY, but very well controlled. Go have fun.;)

• Like 1

I wasn't too terribly impressed with the show, but I didn't think it was unwatchable. It felt more like a one-time deal as it doesn't require multiple viewings.

What I hated about it was the fact that the rest of the event suffered because of it. I counted five roaming monsters for THE WHOLE PARK, little to no outside theming for the three so-called "scare zones" (Action Zone/Wasteland, Coney Mall/Maul, and Rivertown/Ghost Town), and several of the attractions are beginning to show wear and tear from years of abuse. Not to mention a lot of the actors in a lot of the mazes I went through (only went through the indoor houses) were not into their roles at all, and this was supposed to be the weekend to where they finally got into the act and started being scary. :mellow:

• Like 1

I'd say get there no less than 15 minutes before the show if you want a decent seat. Each show has had a lot of patrons. Upwards of 1,000 in some cases.

I've also heard that the shows get more intense as the night goes on, so the 7:30 show is slightly less intense than the 9:00 one, for example. So you might want to go to a later show if you want to see a more intense show.

I went to the midnight showing the other night with a friend, I guess the "more intense" part was the thumbtacks? We had seen an earlier show. I used to be a big fan of pro wrestling and understand events like this are staged and for fun/entertainment etc. I don't care if KI wants to have this kind of show in their park, even under Paramount fearfest was all about cheap entertainment.....even boy scouts run haunted houses, but I have to say I was pretty underwhelmed by the show. In all honesty, the ref mcing the event was pretty annoying and it seemed like there was way too much time spent between the opponents pretending they were hurt.

I was at a bar downtown today after the Reds game and a commercial for the half pint brawlers came on during the game we were watching and a lot of people around the bar were talking about it. Obviously the event has brought some publicity and gotten a buzz, but most people were making fun of it and personally I think advertising bar room brawls in a commercial for an amusement park's halloween themed event is pretty stupid.

Also, the argument about people being worried this kind of entertainment spawning bad behavior in the park is getting old. FearFest/Haunt has always brought out awesome crowds of punk kids who think they're awesome and after visiting the other night its clear that KI security/police are continuing to do a great job of keeping everybody safe.

What I hated about it was the fact that the rest of the event suffered because of it. I counted five roaming monsters for THE WHOLE PARK, little to no outside theming for the three so-called "scare zones" (Action Zone/Wasteland, Coney Mall/Maul, and Rivertown/Ghost Town), and several of the attractions are beginning to show wear and tear from years of abuse. Not to mention a lot of the actors in a lot of the mazes I went through (only went through the indoor houses) were not into their roles at all, and this was supposed to be the weekend to where they finally got into the act and started being scary. :mellow:

No offense, but "mazes" like urgent scare and wolf pack are made up of plywood walls painted black and none of the mazes at KI have ever been the epitome of a themed environment, whether it was under Paramount or CF. The "actors" hide in the dark and scare people. They're high school kids who are in the drama club, they're not Patrick Stewart or actors trained in Shakspearean drama and the "scare zones" have always been made up of crap thrown around the park. The park starts looking really bad after it rains. Those flags in Coney Mall are all dirty and laying on the ground, urgent scare has trash thrown about the Sponge Bob queue line etc. etc. etc.

I will admit though, the front entrance/podium that the main guy speaks from looks great and is a cool way to enter the park. The rest of haunt... I'll skip it and watch the Reds in the playoffs while drinking a cold beer.

• Like 1

I'm glad to know that I did see a midget bleed this weekend ( I believe the 10:30 show on Saturday) however the show is bad. I'm just glad they stopped letting puppet talk about his "tripod." However, if any of you were in the Festhaus Saturday night, two different shows they had to STOP LETTING PEOPLE IN. Not to mention the food lines were outrageous (surely it had to be the addition of $7.50 Little Kings!). While not entertaining, this is going to be a staple for the rest of the Haunt, hopefully you eat before you come in or you are going to be eating outside.

As far as the rest of the Haunt, I've noticed some more decorations popping up throughout the weekend, that's the good news. The bad news is it's still no where near what it was last year. The only thing I think that makes it worth a visit is The Undertaker from last year, but the catch... he does the preshow announcements for our vertically gifted friends.

• Like 1