WHO'S READY TO SEE A MIDGET BLEED?

BoddaH1994

all the worry and complaining was for nothing.

You know, it really bothers me, the people who are saying this. There could have been problems. There still might be problems. Had Cedar Fair not handled this event so well, problems of some sort would have been inevitable. For nothing, indeed?

Unbelievable.

Nothing has happened. Get over it.

You know, it really bothers me, the people who are saying this. There could have been problems. There still might be problems. Had Cedar Fair not handled this event so well, problems of some sort would have been inevitable. For nothing, indeed?

You're right. We should all live in fear about what "could" have happened in your mind. Thanks.

Also

...I think we would've been better friends the past few years had I known you had so much ST:TNG knowledge and we could've had more fun making vague references to the show...

Currently halfway through season 2. Riker finally grew out his beard. I don't like Dr. Pulaski nearly as much as Dr. Crusher.

• Like 1

I'm done with the debate but want to make sure I'm not misunderstood. I'm not one of those waiting for something bad to happen and I'm not an "I told you so" type of person. I'm a counselor... I live in constant "I told you so" moments :lol:

I was very offended by the skeleton fiasco last year, many of those skeletons were displayed way to close to the time of death of those they depicted. Show some respect people! I don't like giving my money to places with shady morals. With that bad taste in my mouth, the "Who's Ready to See a Midget Bleed" didn't sit too well and the trailer was even worse.

BTW, last year I started on the other side of the debate.

• Like 1

There's a certain motto I hold especially dear. "Be Prepared" Perform an action only after contemplating every one of the possible results... That way, there is not much of a way for that action to backfire. Not much of a way for you to make a fool out of yourself or others.

As I've said, Cedar Fair made Midget Wrestling into a great thing. Not only did they bring in a new show that is extremely marketable to a wide variety of people even outside of the teenager target, but they handled it in such a way that problems would be very, very unlikely. (The security levels at Halloween Haunt, at least on the day I went were more than sufficient, if not outstanding. Made me feel warm inside that Kings Island truly cares about the safety of every single one of its guests.)

A certain poster called it "unbelievable" that I haven't changed my opinion on the Half Pint Brawlers. I must admit I am a little offended by such a blunt statement, but I must ask him this. If Half Pint Brawlers couldn't of caused any problem of any sort, why did Kings Island increase in- park security? In fact, why do they have security in the first place? Is it such a scoundrelly thing to search and discover possible issues before these issues have even the opportunity to arise?

And as a side note, very few problems would be considered major.

• Like 1

Performing an action without contemplating every one of the possible results can be very bad, for whatever institution you are trying to manage.

Then why decide to become a manager? Institutions get robbed all the time, and it's not the desk clerk that has a gun to their head to open the safe- it's the manager.

Do you have an example of an event that you decided against, as the manager of an institution, that could have had a negative result?

As I've said, Cedar Fair made Midget Wrestling into a great thing. Not only did they bring in a new show that is extremely marketable to many people, even outside of the Haunt teenager target, but they handled it in such a way that problems would be very, very unlikely. (The security levels at Halloween Haunt, at least on the day I went, were more than sufficient. Made me feel warm inside that Kings Island truly cares about the safety of every single one of their guests.)

Midget wrestling was here WAY before it was at KI. To say that CF made it a great thing is actually insulting to the wrestlers themselves and the show they put on as their livlihood, whether or not you agree with it.

A certain poster called it unbelievable that I haven't changed my opinion on the Half Pint Brawlers. I must admit I was a little offended, but I must ask you this. If Half Pint Brawlers couldn't of caused any problem of any sort, why did Kings Island increase in- park security? In fact, why do they have security in the first place? Is it such a scoundrelly thing to try to discover possible issues before these problems even have the opportunity to arise?

Security at HH has always been questioned due to the crowd it brings in a small amount of time.. To assume that security was only increased due to HPB without inside knowledge is simply grasping at straws.

In response to your edit add-on: No, it is not unbelivable that you have not changed your opinion on HPB. It is unbelievable that you still carry on as if you want to have something happen as it "could" happen.

Nothing has happened.

Get over it.

You're adding words to mine, taking words away, thus altering the entire meaning of what I've been trying to say.

Performing an action without contemplating every one of the possible results can be very bad, for whatever institution you are trying to manage.

Then why decide to become a manager? Institutions get robbed all the time, and it's not the desk clerk that has a gun to their head to open the safe- it's the manager.

In almost every situation, the positive results far outweigh the negative. Still, in every idea, no matter how promising, one should weigh the positives vs. the negatives.

You changed the whole meaning of my post by adding, in your interpretation, the word "negative." Negativity has nothing about it. One must be prepared, in order to cope with change and shifting times...

Do you have an example of an event that you decided against, as the manager of an institution, that could have had a negative result.

Having lead the construction on part of the East End Veteran's Memorial Orchard, yes, I have. I decided not to plant 30 trees, as originally planned, as they might have eventually choked each other out. And that's not the only example. Being an Instructor in Boy Scout Troop 112, these kind of things pop up more than one might think.

As I've said, Cedar Fair made Midget Wrestling into a great thing for Kings Island. Not only did they bring in a new show that is extremely marketable to many people, even outside of the Haunt teenager target, but they handled it in such a way that problems would be very, very unlikely. (The security levels at Halloween Haunt, at least on the day I went, were more than sufficient. Made me feel warm inside that Kings Island truly cares about the safety of every single one of their guests.)

Midget wrestling was here WAY before it was at KI. To say that CF made it a great thing is actually insulting to the wrestlers themselves and the show they put on as their livlihood, whether or not you agree with it.

I believe you know want I meant, but, just in case, I've corrected my post. If you haven't noticed, I have not once criticized the actual show itself. The wrestlers do a really great job and their show is great fun. I'm one of the few who actually finds the wrestling to be quite realistic.

A certain poster called it unbelievable that I haven't changed my opinion on the Half Pint Brawlers. I must admit I was a little offended, but I must ask you this. If Half Pint Brawlers couldn't of caused any problem of any sort, why did Kings Island increase in- park security? In fact, why do they have security in the first place? Is it such a scoundrelly thing to try to discover possible issues before these problems even have the opportunity to arise?
Security at HH has always been questioned due to the crowd it brings in a small amount of time.. To assume that security was only increased due to HPB without inside knowledge is simply grasping at straws.

Again, the words. I never before said right out that security had been increased only due to the Half Pint Brawlers, or even partially due. Not once did I claim towards knowing inside facts about the park's operations. That being said, I do believe the Brawlers had something to do with the increased security.

In response to your edit add-on: No, it is not unbelivable that you have not changed your opinion on HPB. It is unbelievable that you still carry on as if you want to have something happen as it "could" happen.

Nothing has happened.

Get over it.

I have nothing to say to that. If you need an answer, read again my previous post. Put the pieces you had taken apart back together.

• Like 1

You're adding words to mine, taking words away, thus changing the entire meaning of what I've been trying to say.

First, I have not added or subtracted any of your quotes.

Second, it is unethical to go back and edit posts to change your meaning. You should think about what you want to say before you say it.

In almost every situation, the positive results far outweigh the negative. Still, in every idea, no matter how promising, one should weigh the positives vs. the negatives.

You changed the whole meaning of my post by adding, in your interpretation, the word "negative." Negativity has nothing about it. One must be prepared, in order to cope with change and shifting times...

If negativity had nothing to do with it, than why comment that "positive results far outweigh the negative"? That makes no sense.

Having lead the construction on part of the East End Veteran's Memorial Orchard, yes, I have. I decided not to plant 30 trees, as originally planned, as they might have eventually choked each other out. And that's not the only example. Being an Instructor in Boy Scout Troop 112, these kind of things pop up more than one might think.

Saving 30 trees and being an boy scout instructor is nice, but it isn't even close to the same level of being a manager of an institution that deals & decides customer service and the concerns of the public.

Again, the words. I never said security had been increased only due to the Half Pint Brawlers, or even partially due. Not once did I claim towards knowing inside facts about the park's operations.

Added for emphasis.

It's hard to argue black and white- or red in this case.

Nothing has happened.

Get over it.

I have nothing to say to that. If you need an answer, read again my previous post. Put the pieces you had taken apart back together.

Nothing has happened.

Get over it.

My only problem with the HPB show is that I have yet to actually see a midget bleed. All night I hear the announcements asking me if I'm ready to see a midget bleed, then I go and I see midgets wrestle, but no midgets bleed. Am I just not looking closely enough? Is their blood smaller?

Har har har har har... get it?

• Like 1

^^^ My replies, in the same order of yours. The quotes got all messed up last time, so I'm doing it differently...

Your replies have said I've said things that I have not said. I've said similar things, but not those exact words. Simple changes can have big effects on the meaning of a statement. Yes, I admit I'm not the best of posters. I edit far to much and will try to improve myself under that respect.

In my original post, I meant to say that you should contemplate every single possible result. Rely on neither the positives or the negatives, but the whole picture.

Agreed.

For the "increased" comment, I had intended to make the link between Half Pint Brawlers and increased security indirect. Sorry if it didn't end up that way.

Did I say I wanted people to get hurt? Those are the kind of comments that rile me up. I've said the Half Pint Brawlers have been very good for Kings Island, that Cedar Fair handled the event very well. So what do we disagree on?

// I believe Half Pint Brawlers could've had complications, had it not been handled well. You disagree. All the while, this has been pretty irrelevant ever since Haunt opening day.

On a side note... Gordon Bombay and 74Gibson, thank you for the laughs. smile.gif

• Like 1

I said it once in my October 8th trip report, and I'll admit it again, though I was not too heavily involved in the debate, I did voice some concerns when the announcement was first made. When I saw the show on the 8th, I learned that I was wrong. This is the type of case where I am happy to be wrong, the crowd was tame and into the show. I'm still not a huge fan of the show, but the worrying was for nothing. Kings Island has handled the event well and will continue to do so. Next time I'll have more faith, they're the pros, I am not.

• Like 1

(It seems that many people hate my voice towards this topic, but I just can't find myself to think differently.)

What if you interview for and don't get a job? Your interview was for nothing?

What if the Senate candidate you chose doesn't win? Your vote, for nothing?

I don't understand why pure good intention later proved irrelevant is considered a bad thing.

• Like 1

I don't understand why pure good intention later proved irrelevant is considered a bad thing.

It is not considered a bad thing, yet, when an opinion/ speculation become fact, there is no reason to continue with "what if's" and "could- haves" to defend it.

People learn from interviews. People learn from voting. If you don't learn from these things, then continuous improvment will not be achieved.

"What if's" & "could- haves" leave a status quo environment.

lol seriously i bet if this was anything but wrestling this whole thing wouldn't be an issue..i got a great idea..KI should bring Miley Cyrus next year for HH..no..wait can't do that..she's gone all whore..might bring in the wrong crowd *sarcasm*...LET....IT....GO.

^ Is this an example of status quo, or is there a hidden meaning?

B)

Yes.

a. In your heart you knew Terp would...

b. 74Gibson is a counselor, of course there is a hidden meaning. Everything he says is with deep introspection, even in those instances when he doesn't know it...

c. Two words, back and forth. Two opinions (not facts, opinions) back and forth. Ping gets Pong gets Ping gets Pong. Both are necessary to have a game. Two people play Ping Pong (though doubles are sometimes seen). It's a lot more fun for the two players than those who have to watch (though a few get enjoyment from watching, most think it is as fun to watch as most think bowling is as fun to watch). And, eventually even Ping Pong gets tiresome, though it can be very important, and not always the way one thinks. Ping Pong diplomacy, for instance, eventually was partly responsible for cheap garden hose at WalMart and loss of jobs in Ohio among other places...

d. It also takes at least two people to play Ping Pong, at least on a forum. Most players do not find it nearly as satisfying to play against the wall. It's remarkably similar to beating one's head against the wall...most satisfying only when ceased. And by playing long past the time a match should have ended, a match can get very, very repetitive, tiresome and boring. Even avid spectators get up and leave. There comes a time new players should come in, the match should end, or be taken private.

Terp, who likes to inTERPret and sometimes to INTERrupt...

wv ki fan:

lol seriously i bet if this was anything but wrestling this whole thing wouldn't be an issue..i got a great idea..KI should bring Miley Cyrus next year for HH..no..wait can't do that..she's gone all whore..might bring in the wrong crowd *sarcasm*...LET....IT....GO.

Wait a minute, you're onto something here...... How about if they bring back HPB next year, add Miley to the ticket, and let those semi hard core little fellers staple her head and beat her with a garbage can lid!

It's Genius I tellz ya

• Like 1

74Gibson, thank you for that point. I'm going to leave the argument, but have one last point.

Browntggrr, when you ignore a personal message asking kindly for you ro remove your signature and you ignore it, I don't know what to think.

The first post is about the actual show itself. The second, a much earlier comment on the video promoting the show. As we all know, Half Pint Brawlers ended up much different than the video had suggsted. Since the two quotes have different subjects, the statement you make is not backed up..

It was mentioned that the video was not going to be like the actual show, you just don't like to listen and still argued (to this day) an opinion that had no basis.

Nothing has happened.

Get over it.

lol seriously i bet if this was anything but wrestling this whole thing wouldn't be an issue..i got a great idea..KI should bring Miley Cyrus next year for HH..no..wait can't do that..she's gone all [system Edit]..might bring in the wrong crowd *sarcasm*...LET....IT....GO.

We already have annoying Twilight teeny-boppers running around the park thanks to Wolf Pack and their arsenal of shirtless dalmatians.

Although considering the clientele of young women that come to the park on any normal day, Miley Cyrus in her "current" state would either blend in with the crowd or even take a step back in shock herself.

• Like 1

^ Is this an example of status quo, or is there a hidden meaning?

B)

yes and yes.

It was a Gestalt. Very good for finding out what people are really thinking... which is very good for finding out their true motives... which far too often continue to play out in repetetive cycles.

David, always trying to help...

• Like 1

Browntggrr, when you ignore a personal message asking kindly for you ro remove your signature and you ignore it, I don't know what to think.

Ouch, yea that's pretty low.

I agree, putting it there is bad enough. It just shows ones inability to

Get over it.
by carrying this argument into every other post on this site.

Not removing it after a request? Thats a whole new low...

• Like 1

C'mon everyone, I'm sure if we all work very hard here to beat this little horsey, we can get to 30 pages!!

How is that important?

It's not important. There was a tinge of sarcasm, the little horsey was a vague reference to the dead horse and non-issue that is the running theme of this thread.

The continued debate about the dangers of something that has been going on for awhile with no problems seems ( with agreement from many people here) to be similar to using a staple gun or garbage can lid to beat a dead horse.

I also REALLY like the number 30!