WHO'S READY TO SEE A MIDGET BLEED?

BoddaH1994

• 2 weeks later...

This will be the first ever year since Fear Fest started that I have not attended Kings Island at all during the fall. Nor will I. I've been trying to put into words just why, among many other things, I am NOT ready to see a midget bleed, or even go somewhere some puppet does. Today, R.L. Stine put it into words far better than I could:

http://www.nytimes.c...31stine.html?hp

Tomorrow, I may well go to a Cedar Fair park for closing day, but this year it won't be Maple Grove, either. For some reason, I hear a beloved steel coaster like no other in the world calling my name...an INTAMIN...one that I dearly love. While there, I can see if a trim helped (yes, helped) a new steel coaster in that same park that, in my opinion, desperately needed helping. (And yes, GYK, I'll ride The Crypt for you...)

For all those going to Kings Island, to Cedar Point, or who wish they could but aren't, have a Happy, and safe, Halloween.

Soon enough, too soon actually, it will be the off season...

Terp, who cares enough about parks that he votes with his nickels...and appreciates the fact that others can and do, too (and who is very much upset with a certain place in New Jersey that no longer has a Temple of the Tiger, sigh), and who looks forward to news on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this coming week...

Thanks for another excellent post Interpreter.

It is really hard to believe that the final day of the season is already upon us. Time has certainly flown by. It seems like just yesterday that both Kings Island and Coney Island were opening for the season. And now Coney has been closed for a few weeks, and there is just one day left for Kings Island. As I`ve gotten older, it seems like time moves more quickly. Its certainly going to be a long off season for me. But at least this year, I have a full time job, and am not searching for a full time job in architecture.

I`m sure we will get construction updates of WindSeeker to help pass the offseason dull drums as well.

I`m already looking forward to next April! Although, I do enjoy the Christmas season too. (I already started putting up my Christmas lights today, but I need to state that I put up nearly 8,000 lights, so it is a multi-weekend project).

I may very well see some of you at KI tomorrow. And hopefully the winter months fly by and April is here before we know it!

• Like 1

On the topic of the midget wrestling....I enjoyed it, I went when I said I'd stay clear of that place. It was actually not bad.

As for the close of the season last night was my last night at the parks for the 2010 season. It's kind of bittersweet.

Check out my blog in my signature for my final TR.

I hope there will be updates as well about construction of the WindSeekers. As I told my friend last night, it's hard to believe that the next time I walk through the front gates it will be to ride a new ride!

• Like 1

Soon enough, too soon actually, it will be the off season...

Terp, who cares enough about parks that he votes with his nickels...and appreciates the fact that others can and do, too (and who is very much upset with a certain place in New Jersey that no longer has a Temple of the Tiger, sigh), and who looks forward to news on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this coming week...

I believe we all are. Hopefully some of our long burning questions will finally have answers... Have fun tomorrow Terp!

• Like 1

Was anyone at the first show tonight when the normal sized brawler got seriously hurt. The paramedics+Greg Schied got on the stage. He slipped off of a latter, and fell face forward on to a table. The show ended early.

Sigh....I hope and pray this was mere theatrics...*

Barbed Wire Death Match, indeed...

*(Given this:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22991&pid=407982&st=0entry407982

I trust and pray that theatrics was exactly what it was...)

Before anything else, I truly hope he is OK.

Isn't it interesting that this thread started long ago with many people being concerned that someone in KI would get hurt as a result of this HPB show? People of questionable character and restraint were going to watch the show, get worked up into an uncrontrolled frenzy, and then file out into the park and reak havoc on all of us unsuspecting patrons.

Kind of ironic that the only HPB related injury reported (has anyone heard of any others?) was one of the actors.

What happened at the barbed wire, office supply of death match? Any staplers or barbed wire injured?

Puppet made it very apparent that they were playing around. It was all theatrics.

I wasn't at the show but I've talked to several people who went to the show and who have seen the show numerous times.

But the injury at the first show last night was not theatrics. He really got hurt. The show was stopped.

• Like 1