WHO'S READY TO SEE A MIDGET BLEED?

BoddaH1994

Yeah, you've got me there. smile.gif Browsing, I've found an article that partially supports my theory.

The article(s), the first one from Wiki dry.gif , lead you to believe that a person in a bar drinking-or drinking period- is intoxicated, which is simply not true.

Just because a person drinks, does not mean they are drunk. From a rough numbers standpoint: take a football event. If 50,000 people are drinking, I am willing to bet only 500 are actually drunk. That is only 1%.

Now if there will be 500 people at the HH wrestling event, that 1% is now 5 people. I'm sure park security, and the promotion security, can handle 5 people.

Your second article, is a joke.

Of all the events serving alcohol WORLDWIDE, you quote one article. What about all the other events that serve alcohol and there are no issues?

It only only takes one intoxicated person to assault another guest... Two intoxicated guests for a fight to begin.

And the articles, I found as partial support toward my previous claims. Fights are actually quite common at sporting events, but are normally subdued before anything news worthy comes along. Have you gone to a professional sports game without hundreds of security guards and constant supervision?

Kings Island has neither the resources nor the ability to supervise every Kings Island visitor during every hour of Haunt... Especially on Trail of Terror...

• Like 1

It only only takes one intoxicated person to assault another guest... Two intoxicated guests for a fight to begin.

Actually, it only takes one person to assault another guest. Two guests for a fight to begin. Intoxication has nothing to do with it.

Unless, you are now going to claim you have to be intoxicated to fight?

Kings Island has neither the resources nor the ability to supervise every Kings Island visitor during every hour of Haunt... Especially on Trail of Terror...

How do you know what resources are going to be used for an event that has yet to happen?

Along with that, do you actually believe that the promoters for midget wrestling want to have a label of letting a crowd get out of control?

As was stated before, the wrestlers/ actors depend on events like this for their livlihood. If these events continuously became out of control, venues like KI would not hire them thus they have no job. They have a greater sense of urgency to stop an altercation than KI does.

• Like 1

You don't have to be intoxicated to fight, but people who are intoxicated often do not make the best of decisions.

Keep in mind that Kings Island visitors won't be spending the whole night with The Brawlers. My main concern is that something might happen in one of the less supervised areas of the park... Like Trail of Terror.

Some people will get riled up by the Half Pint Brawlers show. Some people will get intoxicated from Kings Island's alcohol. Kings Island is taking a chance towards making a quick buck... How much of a chance this will be is your own opinion.

Probably, nothing will happen. But I still don't like the odds.

• Like 1

Kings Island is taking a chance towards making a quick buck... How much of a chance this will be is your own opinion.

Isn't KI taking a chance with every new ride/ event/ fireworks show? I haven't seen anything that suggests midget wrestling causes drunken brawls.

If people sat around all day thinking up the most extreme outcomes to decisions, we would never get out of status quo for fear of what may, or may not happen.

And how is KI making a quick buck on this event? Is there an upcharge for the event that I am unaware of?

Kings Island is taking a chance towards making a quick buck... How much of a chance this will be is your own opinion.

Isn't KI taking a chance with every new ride/ event/ fireworks show? I haven't seen anything that suggests midget wrestling causes drunken brawls.

If people sat around all day thinking up the most extreme outcomes to decisions, we would never get out of status quo for fear of what may, or may not happen.

And how is KI making a quick buck on this event? Is there an upcharge for the event that I am unaware of?

Yes there is an upcharge. http://cincinnati.metromix.com/events/article/midget-wrestling-comes-to/2202129/content

ring-side seats an additional $10
  • Like 1

Just because a person drinks, does not mean they are drunk. From a rough numbers standpoint: take a football event. If 50,000 people are drinking, I am willing to bet only 500 are actually drunk. That is only 1%.

Of all the events serving alcohol WORLDWIDE, you quote one article. What about all the other events that serve alcohol and there are no issues?

Having been to many football games, I'm willing to take the over on your # of drunks bet - maybe only 1% are obviously drunk (belligerent, trouble walking, etc...), but many more are "over the limit". I can also point to many cases from personal experience where drunks have caused problems (from intimidation to scuffles to full blown fights) at these events.

My opinion: Alcohol + Intense atmosphere = higher likelihood of trouble. I also believe that with the right security presence (I'd be interested to know whether there is additional "event security" for HPB beyond the normal KI security), they should be able to keep control.

• Like 1

Oh, great. I guess if at Seaworld sitting up too close can get one Shamu splashed, and at the ice show, showered with ice, I can only imagine what might get splashed ringside.

Oh, joy.

This post literally made me laugh out loud. So hard in fact, I now have to poop. ;)

• Like 1

Having been to many football games, I'm willing to take the over on your # of drunks bet - maybe only 1% are obviously drunk (belligerent, trouble walking, etc...), but many more are "over the limit".

I usually only see those that are completely wasted causing problems. Those "over the limit" are usually just having a good time.

I think its fair to say that after skimming through just 3 or 4 pages of posts in this topic, there are those who are convinced this wrestling gig is a bad idea, and then there are those that don't. Pardon my choice of words, but I think its rather ignorant for someone to cancel the rest of their trips to Kings Island in the 2010 season over this little fight. I consider myself to be very, very liberal in my thinking and have always subscribed to the thought that if there was something that I don't want to participate in or view, I simply don't view it. Its a choice. We all have them. If you want to watch the fighting, then you are certainly able to, and by all means, enjoy it. If you choose to not view it, thats great as well, you have a great selection of other haunted attractions and rides to occupy your time with.

In my opinion, this topic has been blown out of reasonable proportion and then some. It seems that in the bickering back and forth, the fact this is a show, meant to provide ultimately entertainment, has been lost in the shuffle.

I'll go out on a limb here too, and go ahead and boo me if you want but I have every faith in the security personnel at Kings Island to ensure a safe and enjoyable atmosphere stays the course of Halloween Haunt. Sometimes I think not enough credit is given to that department in all honesty.

So it all boils down to your choice - to watch, or not to watch... It seems so simple, and maybe its just me but out of everything going on today is this wrestling show, which is just as laughable and staged as all those other overly theatrical fighting shows, really worth getting all this bent out of shape over?

I guess it all depends on how you interpret choices in this life, and what you do and don't feel strongly about.

Meanwhile, I am quite certain some people are very happy about the controversy, and only wish the media had picked up on it.

They are like that.

I am like how I am.

And so it goes.

It's a park, it's entertainment, and it is one of many choices people make every day.

The question I ask myself is Do I , as a person, really wanna see a midget bleed?

No.

Could this be entertaining? Sure, To the right crowd.

To be honest, If I were to go to KI this Oct and see this event taking place it would just remind me of middle school when all the kids would gather around too see some dumb fight and hoping someone gets hurt.

I for one think its a tasteless act of entertainers who found no other way to make money other then staple each other and fight in a tiny ring.

I'm willing to bet my nickels that there will be fights but not just the midgets, but guest too.

I wouldn't wanna put my friends/family in any type of danger, just a feeling that this won't be controlled. I don't wanna take my chances with this type of event and what crowd it will bring.

Guess we'll have to see how this goes, but for the first time in 10 years, I will not be going to KI for any Halloween related events.

• Like 1

I guess it all depends on how you interpret choices in this life, and what you do and don't feel strongly about.

Meanwhile, I am quite certain some people are very happy about the controversy, and only wish the media had picked up on it.

They are like that.

I am like how I am.

And so it goes.

It's a park, it's entertainment, and it is one of many choices people make every day.

I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam.

So psyched for tonight!

Edited to add is lieu of double posting:

I bet a bit is real, but most is fake. Even wrestlers that cut themselves for effect also use blood packs!

URGH! I love how people who have absolutely no first hand knowledge of this continue to weigh in with bad information. Please see my above post for the correction on this statement.

Dear Kirk,

You seem like a pretty cool guy. Please don't Urgh at me. You don't know every wrestler on the face of the earth. Neither do I. I didn't say ALL of the blood was real. I didn't say ALL of the blood was fake. I compromised with a 'some is real/some is fake' middle of the road statement. Some wrestlers use blood caps. Some cut themselves. Some do both. Have a cookie.

I know I'm new to this site (my small post numbers will back that up) and I've made some snarky posts that I truly hope didn't offend anyone because they were meant simply in the KI spirit of good fun. I have to say the de-evolution of this thread in sixteen pages is getting to be sad.

Kirk, you are clearly passionate about the craft of putting on a wrestling show and I agree with most everything you have said even though I'm personally not going to watch it. I have to ask you though, why in the world are you debating the effects of embibing too many inebriating libations with a 15 year old? Clearly an intelligent one but still, a 15 year old who hopefully won't personally know the effects for another 5 plus years.

After everything said, it's still going down tonite. Great coasters, creepy goblins, bloody midgets with memos properly secured to their face with office supplies, and hopefully one helluva good time.

To everyone who has stated their not going in protest or fear of this event. Do you really think KI is going to notice your lack of attendence? I'm betting they won't, so all that is lost by your not coming, is you having a good time.

I don't get that.

Like George Carlin ( he was a legendary comedian, Coney) said to a pastor who tried to stop his performance, "If you don't like what's on TV there's (used to be) 2 nobs, one turns it off, and the other..... changes the channel!

See ya'll tonite......BOO!

Kirk, you are clearly passionate about the craft of putting on a wrestling show and I agree with most everything you have said even though I'm personally not going to watch it. I have to ask you though, why in the world are you debating the effects of embibing too many inebriating libations with a 15 year old? Clearly an intelligent one but still, a 15 year old who hopefully won't personally know the effects for another 5 plus years.

When did I do that?

I know I'm new to this site (my small post numbers will back that up) and I've made some snarky posts that I truly hope didn't offend anyone because they were meant simply in the KI spirit of good fun. I have to say the de-evolution of this thread in sixteen pages is getting to be sad.

After everything said, it's still going down tonite. Great coasters, creepy goblins, bloody midgets with memos properly secured to their face with office supplies, and hopefully one helluva good time.

To everyone who has stated their not going in protest or fear of this event. Do you really think KI is going to notice your lack of attendence? I'm betting they won't, so all that is lost by your not coming, is you having a good time.

I don't get that.

Like George Carlin ( he was a legendary comedian, Coney) said to a pastor who tried to stop his performance, "If you don't like what's on TV there's (used to be) 2 nobs, one turns it off, and the other..... changes the channel!

Too my understanding Half-pint brawlers don't start their show til Oct 1.

Also for the "attendance" comment, It starts adding up on who's not going, If you go through the pages, and see who's not going you will realize some of us are rather important to KI.

• Like 1

I don't get that.

Too my understanding Half-pint brawlers don't start their show til Oct 1.

Yes that is true. I wonder if they will be roaming the park tonight for their own enjoyment? Maybe take in some of the haunts.

• Like 1

When did I do that?

My mistake and please accept my apology for the brainfart.

I should have referred to Browntggrr's posts on page 15

Whoops!

• Like 1

Rumor Smasher:

Also for the "attendance" comment, It starts adding up on who's not going, If you go through the pages, and see who's not going you will realize some of us are rather important to KI.

I would sincerely hope that we are ALL important to KI. I have tried to be light hearted about this, but lets take a brief look at your statement:

Going through the now 16 pages on this thread, not counting the many multiposts (of which I am one of the guilty leaders of the pack!) there have been 235 replies.

So, lets say a very friendly estimate of stated KI boycotters is 50.

So far 5,871 KI fans have viewed this thread. and well less then 235 thought enough to reply. Which I am assuming means they don't care about it enough one way or the other to post, or they just wanted to get back over to cincyjungle.com (GO BENGALS!!!)

Now, lets say that of the 5,871 readers, 871 of them were incensed enough by the passions expressed here to boycott the abuses that will be ravaged on unsuspecting office supplies. That still leaves 5,000 readers that are going to go.

There definately seems to be some well connected KI employees and in-the-know dignitaries here. That's undeniable, but honestly, have you ever watched the front gates when KI is busy? It really doesn't take long for 5,871 people to pass through the turnstyles. Deducting 921 people from that isn't exactly going to bankrupt them.

I don't think it would matter if you actually have pictures of the owners doing terrible things with office supplies. Numbers is numbers.

BOO!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I wouldn't wanna put my friends/family in any type of danger, just a feeling that this won't be controlled. I don't wanna take my chances with this type of event and what crowd it will bring.

Guess we'll have to see how this goes, but for the first time in 10 years, I will not be going to KI for any Halloween related events.

Although incorrect, the same feelings could be said of Pride Night.

^ Typically for events like this; the house rakes the money at the door, the event participants & promoters claim the VIP money.

Yet, even if KI does take the ringside seat money, how many seats could that possibly be to warrent the statement: "KI is looking to make a quick buck"?

Upcharge attractions aren't the only way to make money... If this show is as marketable as I believe it will be, Kings Island's Halloween Haunt will have record attendance.

The main thing we disagree on are the risks of something dangerous happening in the park... And thats all right.

Snowman, don't forget that Browntggrr and I were both 50/50 contributers towards the "argument," each using our own respectable viewpoints... The same viewpoints that have KICentral split, as it appears, half and half. Now, anyone can read why some people have a different opinion than their own, thus receiving a "deeper understanding" of the issue.

Edit:

Also, I really love that quote. Thank you! smile.gif

^ Typically for events like this; the house rakes the money at the door, the event participants & promoters claim the VIP money.

Yet, even if KI does take the ringside seat money, how many seats could that possibly be to warrent the statement: "KI is looking to make a quick buck"?

Upcharge attractions aren't the only way to make money... If this show is as marketable as I believe it will be, Kings Island's Halloween Haunt will have record attendance.

The main thing we disagree on are the risks of something dangerous happening in the park... And thats all right.

Snowman, don't forget that Browntggrr and I were both 50/50 contributers towards the "argument," each using our own respectable viewpoints... The same viewpoints that have KICentral split, as it appears, half and half. Now, anyone can read why some people have a different opinion than their own, thus receiving a "deeper understanding" of the issue.

Edit:

Also, I really love that quote. Thank you! smile.gif

Coney, I think both you and Browntggrr have very eloquently stated your cases on this issue, and the lively debate has been truly entertaining to read. I am also very impressed at your wordsmithing abilities at the age of 15.

Much Respect!

My only issue is people saying they aren't going to go to KI at all because of this show. That's sad, and also the reason I have been making jokes about it. Not to crap on anyone's point of view, but hopefully to convince people to go, have an incredible time, and either watch the show or not.

I trust KI's security and employees to provide a safe place for all of us to have a great time just like they have all season long.

If I see any drunken louts staggering around with a staplegun......I'm gonna RUN!!!!