SFStL Announcement Thursday

http://www.sixflags.com/stLouis/rides/skyscreamer.aspx

WindSeeker, indeed!

Towering at 236 feet above the ground, SkyScreamer will be the tallest ride in the park, located near the Screamin' Eagle. Grab a friend and sit two across in an open air swing as you climb to the top of SkyScreamer tower while spinning round and round. At full swing, you'll soar in a 98-foot circle at speeds over 43 mph. By day, you'll have a bird's eye view for miles away. By night, SkyScreamer will light up the night as its lighted arms whirl high above the park.

I hope our tower lights up at night. <_<

It should be noted that this ride is designed by Funtime, the same company that attempted to Cedar Fair. Note that the WindSeeker rides are designed by Mondial, and have a higher listed altitude. Although, I`m still interested to know if the 301 foot height is the actual height of the tower, or the highest elevation that the actual swings will reach. There is a difference. Drop Tower stands 315 feet high, but you only drop from a height of 264 feet.

I first feared that the arms of WindSeeker would be like Sky Screamer's. Thank God they are not. I would not even want Kings Island to put one of those in our park.

And see I'm quite the opposite....

I live down the road from Magical Midway here in Orlando, they have a Fun Time Star Flyer....its a great deal of fun! I'm quite disappointed in the WindSeeker arms. While I'll certainly wait to judge it until I ride it, it seems like the WindSeekers may end up being the tamer version. Honestly, it reminds me of when Chance attempted to come out with their modern day Flying Scooter.....YAWN. The chains were replaced with metal arms, which greatly reduced the amount of swing one could get out of the ride. Like RZ, I'm curious to see if 301 is the actually height of the tower itself or the height that you actually are flying at....I'm guessing its total tower height.

- Todd

^I'm like 99% sure 301' is the tower height. Parks almost always try to find a way to promote a ride taller than it is or more intense. If the rider's height was 301' and the tower was like 320' they would announce the ride as 320'. My guess is the tower's height is 301' and the actual rider height is about 270' or so. But about Sky Screamer, I was expecting the announcement to be this but wasn't totally sure. I'm really disappointed, these WindSeekers/Starflyers are coming to America too fast and it takes away the uniqueness of the ride since there are so many similar rides in in the country.

When I am riding the glorious Tower of Terror flat ride in California, it bothers me not one little bit to know there is another in the United States of America...

Same for Batmen: The Rides, Ferris Wheels, Pretzel dark rides, etc.

Most people only get to one or perhaps two parks...some only get to one or two in their entire lives. Why should they be deprived of a ride experience only because someone 200 miles already has that opportunity?

It maketh no sense.