Halloweekends opening night 9-17-2010 and CP 9-18-2010

kiruler102

We lefted Ky around 9:30 and got to Sandusky around 3:30 with some stops like the Richland Carrousel Park, and to Tee Jayes for breakfast. The ride up there was pretty boring, but i got to see a amish family around shanadowa. We met a friend at his hotel and we went to Fridays by castaway bay.

After that we headed to the park for ERT, we entered the parking lot to see a semi empty lot.

Raptor was a walkon

while brian and his friend jim went to MF ( which i cant ride) i headed to Maverick where i went straight into the station for a 2 train wait. when i got off the line was a little bit longer. i met up with with Rotag and rode for a second time.

it was now 6 and the park was open to the public, so we headed to Skyhawk since it was right there. Walk-on

some of the rides we did in order are a blur for me (since i am very tired) so i will just give the coasters i rode on friday and saturday then have my haunt reviews.

wildcat ( first time, COASTER CREDIT!) 15 min

Iron Dragon- walk on

Magnum x2- walk on

power tower (shot) 5 minute

chaos- walk on

max air- 5 minute. Max-air VS Delirium. winner is ..........Delirium!

Blue Streak- walk on

Cedar Downs-walk on

then to finish off the night 3 rides on Raptor- WALKON

Saturday. VERY CROWDED lefted about 5:15

Maverick x2 walk on/ 30 minutes

skyhawk- walk on

mine ride- walk on

Mean Streak- Walk-on

Shoot the rapids- Walk on ( dissapointed, :( didnt get very wet)

Magnum- 10 minute

Gemini (blue) 15 minute

midway Carousel-walk on.

haunt Reviews:

Fear Faire- very dull, big pathways, no spots to hide. Dissapointing. 2/10 Walk on

Terror Island- best fear zone, strobes, foggy, good acting, music effects. 6/10 Walk on

Carn- Evil, boring, boring boring. 4/10 Walk On

Fright Zone, foggy, strobes, many scareactors. 6/10 Walk On

Dr. D Mented's Asylum for the criminally insane- Too long of a line for this haunt. Bloody, but not very good. 6/10 45 minutes

Eerie eastates haunted manor- 2nd best haunt, decor and themeing, WELL DONE Cedar Point, good acting. etc 9.5/10

Happy jacks Toy Factory, AWESOME, demented mirror maze, bored games galore, BATMAN, dolls on strings, and even dolls who pee on you! a MUST! 9.75/10

Thanks for reading!

Like I said previously, Haunt attractions at KI since Cedar Fair took over really are not that much different than the Paramount/CBS years. And Holloweekends has always been a lot more family friendly. Maybe the problem is home office not being "hands on" enough about KI Haunt.

Mr. Kinzel values Cedar Point so much because he has such a history with it. He does not have such a history with Kings Island, and thus feels much more detached from it. Not that I blame him - he grew up at Cedar Point, and has owned it for decades. Kings Island joined his "family" of parks four years ago. He probably spends 100 x more time at Cedar Point than he does at Kings Island. It just sucks for us...

The thing I find most striking about Cedar Point`s HalloWeekends, is the lack of clear signage for their haunts. Unlike at KI where they have the neon skull signs demarcating the haunts, some of Cedar Points are not clearly marked where the entrances are. It also seemed like there was less blood than at KI`s. But I only did the scare zone in Frontier Town.

The other surprising thing is the cost of Cedar Point only season passes for next year. Online they are listed at $99.99! That is $30 cheaper than at KI! (And the price listed on the signage at the season pass center at CP and by the front gates was around $112 for a Cedar Point only pass!) Talk about a big price differential! Maybe that is why Cedar Point has typically seen their pass holders make up a smaller percentage of their attendance than at KI. The other surprising thing was that drinks at Cedar Point (from the vending machines) were CHEAPER than at KI. You could get a 20oz Pepsi from Cedar Point for $3! At KI, that same size drink (in Coca-Cola of course) would set you back $3.75!! That just doesn`t make sense to me.

The thing I find most striking about Cedar Point`s HalloWeekends, is the lack of clear signage for their haunts. Unlike at KI where they have the neon skull signs demarcating the haunts, some of Cedar Points are not clearly marked where the entrances are. It also seemed like there was less blood than at KI`s. But I only did the scare zone in Frontier Town.

The other surprising thing is the cost of Cedar Point only season passes for next year. Online they are listed at $99.99! That is $30 cheaper than at KI! (And the price listed on the signage at the season pass center at CP and by the front gates was around $112 for a Cedar Point only pass!) Talk about a big price differential! Maybe that is why Cedar Point has typically seen their pass holders make up a smaller percentage of their attendance than at KI. The other surprising thing was that drinks at Cedar Point (from the vending machines) were CHEAPER than at KI. You could get a 20oz Pepsi from Cedar Point for $3! At KI, that same size drink (in Coca-Cola of course) would set you back $3.75!! That just doesn`t make sense to me.

You're right in noticing that - Cedar Point's event is much, much, much less bloody. As well, as I've said, at Cedar Point, there is always a way from point A to point B without engaging in the "festivities." At Kings Island, you are essentially forced to walk through a mini-scare-zone just to get into the park - something that people like me, who are just going with friends and chose to sit out while others do haunted houses - do not enjoy whatsoever.

A Kings Island season pass is $69.99. A Cedar Point season pass is $99.99. That is a major difference, but again, it's consistent with park pricing. Kings Island had that two days for $48.99 deal for the past few years, whereas a two-day ticket to Cedar Point is $75.99. That's because Cedar Point offers on-site hotels with ticket discounts, and because, as you said, there's much smaller of a population using season passes (because Kings Island caters to the local area and a few travelers, and Cedar Point is mostly a destination park - hence the existence of on-site hotels to begin with). I don't know how accurate this is at all, but I think that maintaining the Coca-Cola and Pepsi rights are probably heightening the price for all the parks... Again, that could be entirely wrong, but I can't imagine Pepsico paying them since they're not Cedar Fair's exclusive drink seller...

Both companies were the exclusive provider of their respective beverages at the time the contracts were entered into. And you can bet your sweet bippy that the then owner of Cedar Fair parks will pit them against each other when contract renewal times come...

Hopefully it won't be sock it to me time.Look that up in your Funk and Wagnalls.