Parade?

stephenmayes

I forgot to place my opinion about this in the topic so here it is.

I think it would be a great idea. I dont recall andy parades in the past (I am probably mistaken, I'm only 18 and dont remember much). I think this would be very do-able and Parmount would have to throw in a little twist so that it wasnt too much like Disney's parade.

I would really like to see this. A parade would also be a way to bring back all of the old HB charachters that everyone misses so much.

Steve

To me at least, putting a parade in at PKI would be like trying to put a CD-ROM into a floppy disk drive...it wouldn't really fit. I think that I'd rather let Disney do those parade numbers. In my opinion, PKI is becoming a great family park, but I just don't see (a) parade(s) going well with the park.

I'm sure that there would be many families that would sit on the street (if it was clean, not that it isn't) and watch one with joy. I'm sure that it would work to an extent, but I just can't picture having a parade at a park of that type.

Firt off, I think that a parade would be an AWESOME idea. I pitched it to Jeff Siebert in 2001. I said that PKI should have a parade that features H-B, Nickelodeon, and Star Trek characters. And the characters should march in their chronological order (start with Captain Caveman and the Flintstones and end with Star Trek and the Jetsons).

As far as ONLY Disney doing parades.....that is a great misconception. Many Six Flags parks have parades, as does Lotte World in Korea and other parks. I think that a parade would greatly enhance PKI's family atmosphere.

And if Janet Jackson plans to march and expose herself...........give me front row seats!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

biggrin.gif

Of course, we're missing the best part of an in-park parade...the reduced lines at the other attractions during the parade times. Before Fast Pass, I always timed visits to the bigger rides at Disney by the parade schedule. It really made a big difference.

It would be interesting to see what PKI would do with a parade... Something along the scope of a Disney parade takes millons of dollars to produce. All of the floats are computerized, and sensors in Main Street USA track the movement of the parade and launch the special effects, music, etc. when appropriate.

Of course, there's no reason PKI would have to go to those extremes...some characters on floats with piped music would suffice.

Chef--I like the chronological order idea...sort of "characters through time" or something. I was talking about cartoons with one of my employees not too long ago (slow day) and he had never heard of Captain Caveman! That made me feel old!

Joel

As far as ONLY Disney doing parades.....that is a great misconception. Many Six Flags parks have parades, as does Lotte World in Korea and other parks. I think that a parade would greatly enhance PKI's family atmosphere.

Welp Disney is the only place I have seen a parade. SF KY Kingdom is the closest SF park to my house and they dont have any parades...And I havent been to Korea recently....so.....

Steve

It looks like this Topic is hotter than Janet Jackson's Right Boobie

I think The Nick Parade is great Idea it makes me Really happy to see PKI and the other Paramount Parks turning into a Movie Themed Park but if i see anything with MTV iam Outta there!

Will the Nick Parade have Nick Jr Characters to?

Welp Disney is the only place I have seen a parade. SF KY Kingdom is the closest SF park to my house and they dont have any parades...And I havent been to Korea recently....so.....

Well. I've been to both Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey, and Six Flags Great America in Chicago, and have seen parades at both of those parks. SFKK... to darn small and ghetto anyways.

Well here is my 2 cents,The parade is a great idea,The few problems that I see with it are,1st a feasable parade route that won't interfear with otherthings that are going on,2nd Staffing such an event day in and day out would definatly not be cost efective,not to mention the park security officers they would need to set up the parade route everyday.

As I have mentioned on here before I am from Pittsburgh and I've grown up with Kennywood Park and every summer they have majorette day where 50 or so private marching bands and dance teams get a day at the park and they have a parade through the park.Every August sometime around the 20th or so they start whats called "Fall Fantasy"And with Fall Fantasy each year they have a different theme and have 20 or so floats decorated to said theme and each night they have 10 or so high school marching bands at the park to put on a parade mon. thru fri. with that they give each high school free tickets for their students to get in.Its been very sucessful,and the turn outs for these events are really good(what parent ain't going to go see their kid march in a parade at Kennywood so the parents buy tickets to the park and spend the day)They have been doing this for at least 30 years that I can remember.

The park has had a parade in the past. I believe it was the 20th???? Anniversary when they had a parade that ended with a show on the Bandstand. But that parade was much different then this one will be. This parade will only be here for a short run (A few weeks) and it is a touring parade that is going to all the parks. It is Nickelodean themed and will feature all the Nick characters from the park as well as many others that are just comming in for the parade. It will also feature live performers, which will be the regular park performers.

A parade would be great for many ways. My favorite would definitely be Janet Jackson. The second best would be the reduced lines. I think a parade every day would be very un cost efficient. I think maybe on Fridays or like every Tuesday, Friday, and like Saturday and Sunday. I also have heard of the Nick parade from my "reliable" source. Does any one know any definite answers?

My guess is that the parade would originate on IS, near the mens restroom, and then proceed to head toward HB land and end somewhere in HB, possibly near The Beasties, as that is near an area with access to the backstage area. We`ll just have to wait and see more when the parade actually happens.

We know the parade is coming, We know it's only going to be at PKI for a limited amount of time. The only path I can really see using (since I don't know how much is really involved with the parade) is starting from the Eiffel Tower/Bandstand/Showplace area since it is a larger opening and then straight down past Lost Kids and keep on going straight to the Slime Bowl area...Of course that's just my guess...or maybe take a left towards the end and finish around Thornberrys/Reptar area (another larger opening).