Millennium Force

While Millenium Force may not have the airtime of DB, it makes up for it with its non-stop speed-unlike DB, there MF has no mid-course brake which means non-stop speed. Of course, without the mid-course brake, MF can only run one train at a time unlike DB, which means slower capacity. That is part of the give and take.At any rate, love both MF and DB-both in my top 5 favs.

Rustbelt, I was at the park on 9/18/10. First, the park was extremely crowded, not sure how Sunday turned out, but the Saturday crowd was one of the biggest I have seen. MF has always been more of a speed coaster and not so much in the way of various g forces. Hence many calling it Minimum Force. I rode on Saturday and really noticed no changes except that the weather was cooler so the 2nd half seemed a little slower. MF runs this time of year like it does it the begining of the seasson. Also you will notice a big difference if you get off Maverick and go directly to MF. MF is great, it's just a different kind of coaster.

I have actually found Milly to have much more airtime than I have experienced this year. You also have to take into consideration that Magnum and Milly have complete different airtime. Magnum has that violent ejector air, where Milly is more like Diamondback, a cool peaceful flow over the hills.

This thread is cracking me up. It's like some of you suddenly act as if it was your first time on MF.

Anyway..

For ejector air down the first drop, ride in the very back.

For floater air over the 2 airtime hills and the bunny hill by the station, ride in the front 3 seats.

Rustbelt: If you don't like a coaster, don't come on here just to bash it. That is really immature when you know that there are people out there who love them. It angers people like me who enjoy Millennium Force for what it is.. a smooth, fast, trimless masterpiece.

MF was built for SPEED, not for ejector air. If you want ejector air, go ride Magnum.

Rustbelt: If you don't like a coaster, don't come on here just to bash it. That is really immature when you know that there are people out there who love them. It angers people like me who enjoy Millennium Force for what it is.. a smooth, fast, trimless masterpiece.

It's not like Millennium Force is the world's best coaster. O wait.........

This thread is cracking me up. It's like some of you suddenly act as if it was your first time on MF.

Anyway..

For floater air over the 2 airtime hills and the bunny hill by the station, ride in the front 3 seats.

MF was built for SPEED, not for ejector air. If you want ejector air, go ride Magnum.

Read my post again before blasting the post. Also, read my signature. I say this over and over again. Read the post and understand what ther person is saying.

MF is my 12th favorite coaster out of 252 and 9th favorite steel coaster. It is not my favorite by long shot but can you tell me where I said I did not like coaster? Was there any mention of ejector on my post. Please read the post before blasting a topic or the poster. Or do you blast anyone who do not agree with your opinion?

Rustbelt, what I don't get is how you ranked Renegade so high? Of the eight GCI's that I have ridden I found it to be the most lacking.

Ranking coasters it really tough. I have gotten some amazing rides on some normally less then amazing coasters and some dud rides on some supposedly terrific coasters. I still don't get what the big deal is with Phoenix.

Anyway..

Or go to Six Flags New England and ride Bizarro and get Both speed and Ejector air. You wont be dissapointed the coaster is worth the drive.

With all due respect, Angie, if a person doesn't like a coaster, they have the right to state their opinion. Stating you don't like a coaster is not an attack against a person who may love the coaster. I myself hate trimless rides on Magnum because they bang up my legs-even though I know you love trimless rides on Magnum, my expression that I hate them is not a personal attack against you. I know we all share a deep love of coasters but we need to wake up and realize that a coaster only is an inanimate object-it is not a person. Before you react to this, hear me out. There was a previous thread asking what we were doing when DB was officially announced in August, 2008. The only thing I remember about that time is that my mother was going through chemotherapy-believe me, DB to me was just a stupid coaster compared to my treasured mother. ( Sadly, I lost my treasure the following March. ) Just a little food for thought.

"can you tell me where I said I did not like coaster?"

3 air time hills were quite disappointing.

Now the ride is rather ordinary except for the first drop.

Disappointing and ordinary? Yet you claim you say it's one of your favorites? Make up your mind, please.

"Or do you blast anyone who do not agree with your opinion?"

LOL. I'm not like the n00bs and trolls on here who post topics just to get attention. Negative topics like this are why I rarely post here anymore.. it seems all anyone's intent is, is to make others riled up.

MF has not changed a bit and you know that, so I really don't understand why you posted this topic in the first place, unless you were bored.

I get that some people don't like some coasters and that is a fact of life, but is it really necessary to post a long-winded topic about why you dislike a coaster? The last time I checked, this was an ENTHUSIAST site, not a place to discuss why you don't like coasters in great detail. It's depressing to see that in the eyes of most members of this site, this is what being an enthusiast has become. I don't put down coasters my friends enjoy, because I RESPECT my friends and I do not like to tick them off. I guess some people still have to learn that.

This is amusing like you said. Please read the post before blasting someone. I was disappointed and ASKED if anyone noticed the same. If people cannot take someone's opinion that is contrary to her own, so be it. I will not add to the fuel to the flame war that someone started. If you want to continue, that is your choice. I will not tell anyone what he or she should not do.

Rustbelt, what I don't get is how you ranked Renegade so high? Of the eight GCI's that I have ridden I found it to be the most lacking.

Ranking coasters it really tough. I have gotten some amazing rides on some normally less then amazing coasters and some dud rides on some supposedly terrific coasters. I still don't get what the big deal is with Phoenix.

Dave. I agree with you about ranking coasters. I know some people do not Voyage because of its intensity. Some think it is way too violent. One classic example of what you are saying is Shivering Timbers. Quite a few people say that ST is the best wooden coaster out there. I RESPECTFULLY disagree although I have had some fantastic rides on that coaster and some extremely dull rides. I guess you can say the same about The Beast.

As for Renegade, I absolutely loved the laterals and airtime on that coaster. I have been on that coaster over 50 times and have never gotten tired of that. Of all the GCI Coasters I have been on, Renegade is my favorite. I have been on Renegade, Gwazi Lion and Tiger (which I did not care for), Evel Knievel, Lightning Racer Lightning and Thunder, Wildcat, and Terminator. I have not been on Prowler.

If people cannot take someone's opinion that is contrary to her own, so be it. I will not add to the fuel to the flame war that someone started. If you want to continue, that is your choice.

I would really just like to know why you posted such a negative topic in a forum that is for enthusiasts.

You take the risk of someone disagreeing with you every time you make a post. Everyone cannot agree with you all the time. You know for a fact that there are people on here who love MF, therefore posting this thread was opening a can of worms, and I think you knew that.

I am one of the few who doesn't enjoy Beast like many others do, but I'm not going to make a huge topic about it like you did about MF, because doing so would be asking for trouble. Simply put, I know better.

If you can't handle that, don't post such a controversial topic next time.

I believe what is happening here is a issue that people have with many things.

MF's novelty & "newness" has worn off for some people, just like Beast today compared to 1979. The coaster(s) has been hyped so much from so many people, when someone finally rides it for the first time, they are looking for something new and MF just doesn't have that feeling in 2010 compared to a coaster built recently.

That said, MF is as great today as it was in 2000. We are all just used to it now.

MF's novelty & "newness" has worn off for some people, just like Beast today compared to 1979. The coaster(s) has been hyped so much from so many people, when someone finally rides it for the first time, they are looking for something new and MF just doesn't have that feeling in 2010 compared to a coaster built recently.

That said, MF is as great today as it was in 2000. We are all just used to it now.

I deleted the initial post since someone found it to be controversial. I know that any topic can be viewed by some to be controversial and will leave at that.

I am agree with you. My initial topic stated that I may be spoiled by the fact that I have been on much more intense and IMO much better coasters than MF. Also, I have been on MF more than 500 times and have probably gotten used to the speed. I was there for the opening week of MF in 2000. I loved the ride but I still thought Magnum was better even back then.

I have always said (even in this forum and this very topic), the first drop on MF is outstanding and this alone makes it my top ten steel coaster. The rest of the ride is speeding through the track without much intensity and quite relaxing. To be honest, MF to many have a nick name "Minimum Force" due to lack of intensity.

I always ride MF when I go to CP although I do not find MF worth waiting more than 15 minutes.

Although I am a bit older than the majority of the members of this site, I have not traveled much during my lifetime, mostly due to health restrictions. I have been on several coasters and ranking them would be very difficult for me. I have enjoyed all of them. I might say that "so & so" is one of my favorites, but I eagerly look forward to the different experiences on the various machines. Be they fast or slow, wood or steel, large or small, out in the open or enclosed, each coaster is unique - and to me, the variety of coasters in a park is more important than an extra mph of a few extra feet of height.

That being said, MF is a very fast, very smooth machine. There may not be a whole lot of "super thrills" after the first drop, but the ride is fun. True coaster lovers should look for fun - they certainly don't like machines that beat the crap out of them (such as SOB).

Which brings me to my last comment - as compared to coasters I rode during my younger years on this earth, almost anything is better than those "dinosaur" machines, except for a few of the classic coasters that are still around. There have been so many improvements on coasters, making them true thrill rides. I also believe that the best is yet to come - just be patient and you'll see!