Half Pint Brawlers on WEBN

BoddaH1994

Few highlights of the interview

Blamed their tardiness on hangover and delayed flight.

These guys like to drink and be at the bars all night/morning.

Joked about midget blood flying, basically saying blood does go into the spectator area.

Called protesters free marketing.

Wild man said "get on kingsisland.com for more info

Basically said there is nothing wrong with the "m" word. Said it goes back to when we were in carnivals working as entertainment. He felt people need something to be offended by so they say midget is offensive.

Puppet is a Steelers and Cubs fan.

Choose wrestling as his sport, because he feels no professional, football, basketball, baseball, etc will hire a midget

Madd Mexx joined the interview an hour and 15 minutes later

Madd Mexx does not speak any Spanish, but is Mexican.

Will see a lot of staple gun action, bloodshed

Puppet says "What Halloween without blood shed"

Puppet challenged the WEBN guys if they could find a staple they could staple something to him. They did.

After big hesitation Wild man stapled a dollar on Puppet. Pictures will be posted on WEBN later. Puppet just laughed as it happened and afterwords. Wild man took his dollar back.

Fights are NOT pre-determined

Said it was an honor that Kings Island contacted them and asked if they would be part of the show.

• Like 1

Certainly did nothing to help their image. It Still looks like garbage imo.

Said it was an honor that Kings Island contacted them and asked if they would be part of the show.

That says the most in my opinion. People say "Oh, its SpikeTV's show, not KI's idea." Well, this says to me that it was KI's idea to have this trash at the park.

• Like 1

I feel like I"m just not 'getting' all the outrage pointed at these guys, unless it is all over the 'm' word and their use of it??? Is that it? Or is it something else?

Otherwise, This is how I see it:

• These wrestlers are consenting adults.
  • Patrons attending the Haunt are consenting adults, or adults who have deemed their attending teens mature enough for the content. If they aren't, don't take them.
  • The Haunt is clearly billed as intended for Mature Audiences
  • If you don't like bloody wrestling, don't walk over there and look at it.
  • I've seen a magician staple himself plenty of times on the arm and forehead. It's a cheap trick, don't get too worried about them.

So... what is the problem? KI is a 'family fun' place, but family also includes me having a night out with my husband and my sisters as, you guessed it, consenting adults. I'm not really into wrestling but, c'mon, guys, it's Halloween... what's wrong with some blood from guys who make plenty of $$ doing it? Who cares if they got drunk the night before? It's none of my business. Because they are adults and I'm not their mommy.

I'm going to go have a good time, and I hope these guys do, too. Hopefully no patrons will feel the need to wrestle me in the streets, or turn into werewolves, but that is the risk I'm willing to take.

Doesn't surprise me.

I feel like I"m just not 'getting' all the outrage pointed at these guys, unless it is all over the 'm' word and their use of it??? Is that it? Or is it something else?

Alluna, I believe most people aren't concerned over the entertainment/type of show it is, but rather is Kings Island the appropriate venue for such things?

• Like 1

More like Half Pint Brawler. Only 1 showed up and he was 30 minutes late. The interview has yet to begin

Edit: the brawler has spoken. "Half Pint Brawlers will explode this October". More details coming soon. When they are done, or at 9ish whichever comes first, i will post some highlights

Two showed up: Puppet and Mad Mexx. Turtle was supposed to be there but overslept. When the two got back to the Great Wolf Lodge, Puppet (the boss) confronted Turtle about it... and yes, there is a video of that confrontation. ;-)

• Like 1

Doesn't surprise me.

Alluna, I believe most people aren't concerned over the entertainment/type of show it is, but rather is Kings Island the appropriate venue for such things?

Is Kings Island the appropriate venue to host the Tea Party movement? Some would say no...

• Patrons attending the Haunt are consenting adults, or adults who have deemed their attending teens mature enough for the content. If they aren't, don't take them.

The fact that I still see toddlers and kids under 10 at the Haunt (and people who very clearly can't handle being scared) mean that these two bullet points are pretty much null and void; I'm expecting the lone family to stroll into the Festhaus come October 1st (which is when the show actually debuts and NOT this weekend, for those who have forgotten) and be shocked and appalled at what they see in front of them. Or strangely mesmerized at the beauty of six midgets grappling with each other while having dollar bills stapled to their foreheads. It's like Club Blood meets the Freak Show! :)

• Like 1

The fact that I still see toddlers and kids under 10 at the Haunt (and people who very clearly can't handle being scared) mean that these two bullet points are pretty much null and void;

<bold added for emphasis>

First off: Toddlers? At the Haunt? Really? What exactly are these toddlers doing during the Haunt? Watching Hot Blooded? They certainly aren't riding kiddie rides. I'm calling BS on this one. Sorry.

Not sure how these points are "null and void". If someone is bringing a toddler to an event that is billed 'Mature', then isn't that their mistake? How is the park at fault for a parents bad judgment?

If parents knowingly bring a preschooler to this event and then attempt to act traumatized by what they find there.. well, I can see a frivolous lawsuit in the works. Whatever happened to common sense? Do we really need the park to coddle us and tell us what exactly the term MATURE means... or aren't people able to make this distinction and realize that young kids don't fit the bill, here? Is the general public really that stupid? Okay, maybe I already know the answer to that one.

This is why they have the daytime events for the kids. Clearly, two separate Halloween celebrations! I'm a proud mom of some smart kids. I am also a hard working woman that deserves a night out with a few brews and coaxing monsters into sneaking up on my unsuspecting siblings. We might even *gasp* involuntarily curse when something jumps out at us. Oh noes! Every other visit to KI, I am someone's mom. Once a year I get to shed the Linus Launchers and go to enjoy being just another adult. A screaming, drinking giggling yet-still-polite-and-law-abiding adult. I would hate to see some moronic naysayers sue or whine their way into making the Haunt any tamer or lamer because their poor baby walked in on a midget taking a header into a folding chair.

I'm expecting the lone family to stroll into the Festhaus come October 1st (which is when the show actually debuts and NOT this weekend, for those who have forgotten) and be shocked and appalled at what they see in front of them. Or strangely mesmerized at the beauty of six midgets grappling with each other while having dollar bills stapled to their foreheads. It's like Club Blood meets the Freak Show! :)

:lol: Perhaps the park could hire staff to cover the childrens eyes in case someone with half a face comes through the fog while this innocent family is on their way to whatever attraction is designed not to scare anyone. Or, maybe I could follow them around and check their watch for them so they can make sure not to walk into Festhaus during the clearly marked showtimes. Because in a rational and sane world, parents need to have this done for them. :(

I say that if parents stroll into Festhaus with a little kid who can't handle it (again toddlers...really?), then they simply ignored fair warning. I hope they turn on their heels at the Festhaus doors to leave the park in disgust. I hope their panties get in a big giant bunch and they sob openly all the way home over losing their ticket money. I hope that their little kid goes home and pretends to be Puppet until they take him to a psychiatrist. Then the park can get sued and my ticket price would go up. Clearly the problem here is the content at the park, not stupid parents. Right? :blink:

The fact that I still see toddlers and kids under 10 at the Haunt (and people who very clearly can't handle being scared) mean that these two bullet points are pretty much null and void;

<bold added for emphasis>

First off: Toddlers? At the Haunt? Really? What exactly are these toddlers doing during the Haunt? Watching Hot Blooded? They certainly aren't riding kiddie rides. I'm calling BS on this one. Sorry.

You would be suprised at how many parents think it's ok to take their kids of all ages (literally from hand held infants), I've seen it at KI, CP, KW (which has no kid friendly activities at all) , GL and BGW. I have even seen parents laugh when their kids are freaking out, I question some parents judgments.

• Like 1

You would be suprised at how many parents think it's ok to take their kids of all ages (literally from hand held infants), I've seen it at KI, CP, KW (which has no kid friendly activities at all) , GL and BGW. I have even seen parents laugh when their kids are freaking out, I question some parents judgments.

My son is 9, and I've taken him to KI during Haunt for the past several years now. We've never had any problems, and I don't think I'm using poor judgment in the least. But then again, we go EXCLUSIVELY to enjoy riding the rides after dark. The fact that Haunt is going on is almost irrelevent; that's not what we're there for. The occasional roving monster will pay us a visit every once in a while, and I do get a chuckle when they sneak up and startle him (or me). It's all in good fun. Then it's on to the next coaster :)

• Like 1

The fact that I still see toddlers and kids under 10 at the Haunt (and people who very clearly can't handle being scared) mean that these two bullet points are pretty much null and void; I'm expecting the lone family to stroll into the Festhaus come October 1st (which is when the show actually debuts and NOT this weekend, for those who have forgotten) and be shocked and appalled at what they see in front of them. Or strangely mesmerized at the beauty of six midgets grappling with each other while having dollar bills stapled to their foreheads. It's like Club Blood meets the Freak Show! :)

:lol:

It makes me laugh when someone uses "facts" in a way to make a sound decision/ arguement.

That said: so it is the park's responsibility (not the parent's) that kids are present during an event that has been advertised as a mature event?

-and-

Is it now the park's responsibility when a guest is injured due to a known injury/ condition on a ride even though there are warning signs that guests must be in good physical health?

I believe it is apparent which bullet point is null and void.