What's your favorite restaurant at KI?

CedarPointer

I admit to not having tried most of the restaurants at KI, but I like the Juke Box Diner. $7 may be steep for a bacon cheeseburger to some people (I'm talking about the price without the fries that are included in the posted price), but for that $7 you get a huge sandwich that I have trouble finishing and that's definitely worth the money IMO. Between that and a souvenir cup refill, I can eat lunch or dinner there for less than $10.

I dont really like the hamburgers there at all and I dotn really eat Skyline there since there is many around that are a lot cheaper. I have to say the only place I really have gotten anything to eat at the park is the LaRosas pizza in the Festhaus. I would like to give that Buffet a try at least once though.

- My favorite meal that I've had there this season has been my couple pieces of Pizza from LaRosa's on International Street. Good location, decent portions, ect. If I visited with a larger group (so we could split a whole pizza) I'd eat there more often.

- Outer Hanks is pretty good as far as location and food is concerned, but the portions could be a lot better. I do like the fish there though.

- I've never been a big fan of the Skyline at the park. To me it is a watered-down version of the regular Skyline (maybe I always eat there on a bad day, but the food is always cold and obviously made some time in advance. Regular Skyline is made on the spot.) I guess it should be said that I've only eaten the Coney Mall location.

- I've never eaten at the Buffet in Rivertown, but I hope to try it one day if I'm at the park later in the day. I've also never eaten at the Juke Box Diner or the Stunt Crew Grill.

Anywhere that serves LaRosa's. For some reason I like the pizza served at the park more than the pizza at the restaurant. Maybe that's just a weird coincidence though.

My sister (a former KI food associate/supervisor, 1991 - 1999) is the same way. She says it's because the dough used in the park is frozen, whereas in the restaurants outside the park it's made fresh.

My favorite is any place that serves blue ice cream! :D OK, for regular food I'd say my favorites are LaRosa's and the Backyard BBQ.

In our family, we have a joke between myself and my cousins that all four food groups of Kings Island must be met in order to consider it a good day at KI. This includes feasting on Potato Works french fries, followed by LaRosa's pizza, then Skyline for dinner, and Blue Ice Cream. I can't choose one over the others or I will be disowned :D

(Potato Works would be my choice, just don't tell anyone! Nothing beats those french fries after a couple of hours at Boomerang Bay!)

Much prefer the LaRosa's outside the park because of the lower price, bigger portions, and plenty of ingredients on the pizza. Plus, I am at a loss to undestand why you would choose frozen crust over fresh crust. ( But you have the right to your opinion. ) I think the pizza at KI is the worst value for your money as far as food choices -2 slices of pizza for 6.27 ( and the slices are usually pretty small compared to years past). I'm usually still hungry afterwards.

In the '90's, I ate at Wing's a lot. Then, for several years - early to mid 2000's - my day at KI wasn't complete until I had pizza at RT LaRosa's. After that, for a couple years, I really liked BBSS. I always like anything that reminds me of "old Kings Island". Now, for the last two or three years, I really like eating at the Festhaus-always cheese pizza with some jalapenos off the "salad" bar. If you can't tell, where I eat my meals at the park is a really important, fun part of my day there. On my last visit about a month ago, I tried the Backyard BBQ. I think that the facility is really nice back there, but I missed my Festhaus LaRosas....

- I've never been a big fan of the Skyline at the park. To me it is a watered-down version of the regular Skyline (maybe I always eat there on a bad day, but the food is always cold and obviously made some time in advance. Regular Skyline is made on the spot.) I guess it should be said that I've only eaten the Coney Mall location.

"Made some time in advance"? You can SEE them making it right in front of you!

"Made some time in advance"? You can SEE them making it right in front of you!

Through the tiny window that you almost have to get down on your hands and knees to see in and speak to the cashier, it's impossible to see much of anything.

Seeing someone making food in the back doesn't convince me that it's my food, especially when the food I get is cold. Every time I've eaten at the KI Skyline (in Coney Mall) I get cold food, smaller portions then you can get outside of the park, and a terrible (almost burnt) taste. The buns aren't fresh and the fries are soggy. Simply not worth it in my opinion.

I'll try the Skyline on International Street sometime in the future, but until then I'll stick to LaRosa's for lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh, Panda Express. Now THAT brings back memories. (and now for a random story...)

Okay, so one time I ate at the Panda Express at Worlds of Fun. They had a special, orange chicken, fried rice, and lo mein (I think that's what it's called. It's those noodles.). Since I didn't like orange chicken, I asked if I could get fried rice instead of the chicken (you would think I'd be able to, seeing that the rice is probably cheaper). The cashier said no, so I just got the regular special, figuring I could just not eat the chicken. So I get my food, take it back to our table, open, the container, and what's inside? The entire carry-out box is filled with ORANGE CHICKEN. No rice, no noodles... just CHICKEN. I was vastly disappointed. IIRC, I finally let my parents have it and went and got grilled corn. I found it more funny than anything- nope, can't get rice instead of chicken, but I can get a mountain of chicken instead of everything else! I have never seen so much chicken in my life.

Okay, I might as well finally add my opinion. Excluding my obvious first choice, Outer Hank's is probably my favorite. I *love* seafood. And Pibb. So I love that place.