Wolf Pack

KIMonster14

Wolf Pack is a complete and epic FAIL!

The name is misleading.... "Wolf Pack" one would expect to see werewolves not their victims jumping out at you yelling "RAWR!"

Honestly a werewolf is one creature that might actually scare me if I came in contact with one. So I was expecting there to be PEOPLE dressed up as werewolves. There were people screaming "IT HURTS! IT HURTS!" or "HE'LL GET YOU!"

Kings Island needs to step it up... This attraction has the potential to be very scary. Which is why people go through the mazes in the first place. Put some werewolf costumes in there, not just props that look like werewolves.

It wasn't really all that I had expected it to be, but it was certainly better than some of the other attractions I went through tonight. But as I said to my friends earlier tonight, it's only the first night of the season. The actors are still trying to work out what scares people and what doesn't. I'll be going through again on the second weekend in October and I'm expecting to see a massive improvement because, as Sheikra said, the maze certainly has the potential to be scary.

Not great at all. I have not been through any others yet this season but based on last years memories this one is at the bottom of the list.

Too my understanding Wold Pack is new this Halloween Haunt?

So how did you go through it last year ???

Not great at all. I have not been through any others yet this season but based on last years memories this one is at the bottom of the list.

I think he's saying that if all of the returning houses are the same as they were last year, Wolf Pack will be at the bottom of the list.

I honestly wasn't wowed by Wolf Pack. Maybe I was spoiled by how ridiculously scary Slaughterhouse's first impression was last year, but Wolf Pack just kind of seemed like a stroll through fingerpainted sets with boy scouts and various guys with taped-on chest hair and sideburns jumping out and roaring at me from obvious hiding spots. The actual physical props and decorations, sans the walls, were very nice and gave the whole thing a very nice forest-y feeling, but in the end it felt a lot like a toned-down Club Blood with boy scouts and body hair instead of fangs.

That being said, I do have some disclaimers. First off and most importantly, mine was one of the first groups of the night. Because of that, it was still relatively bright outside, so a lot of potentially good hiding spots were really obvious. Second, on top of that, I don't think many of the scareactors had much hands-on (or maybe hands-off, since KI's a Cedar Fair park) experience in scaring. Finally, Wolf Pack's doing a 2009 Urgent Scare by trying to sell you your own picture... except without the cool effect (which I won't divulge lest they're doing it this year- are they?). You get your picture taken in front of a cutesy fall setting with absolutely no purpose whatsoever than to get a spontaneous picture. That was kind of a turn-off for me, because I'm there to get scared. If you're going to take my picture, make it something memorable for a scare-filled event in October. Not a "oh, here's what you looked like in line" sort of thing.

I want (and will) give this Haunt a second try, as I feel it's got a lot of really cool potential going for it. The whole thing's a progression of the werewolf transformation from initial nibble on a boy scout to full transformation (culminating in that giant werewolf statue at the end.) Sounds awesome, right? (I wanted to give it a second try last night, in fact, but we just didn't get around to doing it. The coolest part was that it actually was something awfully close to a full moon, which the actors DID use to their benefit. ("WATCH OUT! IT'S A FULL MOON! RUN!")

In the pitch-black night with actors who know their stuff, this Haunt could potentially rank up there with what I consider to be the best Haunts: Slaughterhouse, Club Blood, Massacre Manor, and Trail of Terror. I'll be keeping my hopes afloat for this one... I didn't think Slaughterhouse could get scarier, but boy, was I wrong last night.

EDIT: On a side note, did anyone notice how epically pretty the moon was last night over Haunt? It was very much something out of a good horror movie.

I don't even like the idea of werewolves scaring you. It's different when there's a guy with a cut up face chasing after you with a chainsaw.....then, a werewolf, just going "rawr" seems a little stupid. Even before you guys rated it, I still didn't like the idea.

Who knows though, maybe Wolf Pack will be better as the season goes on? It was only the first night, maybe they just weren't ready to scare people. :)

I think he's saying that if all of the returning houses are the same as they were last year, Wolf Pack will be at the bottom of the list.

Thanks, I guess I could have worded it better.

I don't even like the idea of werewolves scaring you. It's different when there's a guy with a cut up face chasing after you with a chainsaw.....then, a werewolf, just going "rawr" seems a little stupid. Even before you guys rated it, I still didn't like the idea.

See, I kind of see your point... except, aren't other various mystical creatures and cannibals going "rawr" basically all that's in the other haunts? There aren't that many chainsaws, Trail of Terror aside, now that The Worksite is gone... Sniff. :(