Beast Halloween Display

Guest TombraiderTy

Guest TombraiderTy

As some of you may have seen or heard, The Beast's queue has a small display set-up for Halloween Haunt. Alongside the ramp are a few tombstones and a some other props, filled with jokes most average guests probably wouldn't understand (or for that matter, an enthusiast may not even get at first). Let's take a look...

img3164r.jpg

On the far left of the display is a clever reference to Son of Beast (My beloved son). The casket has the classic radioactive-like symbol found on the Son of Beast signage and original trains. Farther back is a baby carriage, used in the original advertising for Son of Beast. The large "B" block is there to further push the son idea.

img3089sj.jpg

On the far right of the display is The Beastie vulture. According to older brochures, The Beastie was supposedly The Beast's little brother. (An unrelated fact, the vulture is apparently actually originally from Smurf's Enchanted Voyage, and it had a twin, seen HERE)

img3157bp.jpg

The last piece of the display is the part that most people probably won't understand. These three tombstones all have the initials, height, and years of wooden roller coasters that beat-out Beast as tallest wooden roller coaster. From left to right: Hercules, Texas Giant (being redone), and Rattler (original drop reprofiled; now shorter).

I thought the display was pretty clever and thought it deserved to be acknowledged for its humor. Although I love the scary side of Haunt, the comical displays through-out the park (especially all the skeletons) are still one of my favorite things.

Hope you enjoyed :)

Edit- Worth noting, two other changes / "effects" have been added to The Beast for Haunt. Hidden in spoilers for those who may not care to know them:

Fog machines have been added around the second tunnel, creating a more eerie setting, and a werewolf prop has been added to the side of the track between tunnel 2 and lift 2. The prop also has a fog machine and is illuminated by a strobe light at night.

• Like 1

And they were all once the Tallest Wooden Coasters also if anyone rode Beast this past Friday and Sat night did u see whats lurking in the woods if u want to find out Ride Beast durring Haunt. Added also is Fog to the effect yes there are Foggers. Id Like to Thank Mr. Brian Kosmac for the neat Display good idea.

I'm really pumped to ride The Beast when I finally get out to Haunt, probably not till the 8th unfortunately. I really want to find out what the "surprise" in the woods is. The fog also seems really cool and I think it would be neat for it to stay as a permanent kind of theming for the ride all year long.

It'll be interesting to find out if the Son of Beast display is alluding to its future.

Also, is the "surprise" in the woods real noticeable or is it something that you have to look for?

I'm really pumped to ride The Beast when I finally get out to Haunt, probably not till the 8th unfortunately. I really want to find out what the "surprise" in the woods is. The fog also seems really cool and I think it would be neat for it to stay as a permanent kind of theming for the ride all year long.

It'll be interesting to find out if the Son of Beast display is alluding to its future.

Also, is the "surprise" in the woods real noticeable or is it something that you have to look for?

It's covered up during the day. You shouldn't miss it at night! Hint: It's on the right...Boo!

Thanks for the explanation Tombraider Ty! I couldn't figure out what the initials on the tombstones meant.

It's covered up during the day. You shouldn't miss it at night! Hint: It's on the right...Boo!

Thanks for the explanation Tombraider Ty! I couldn't figure out what the initials on the tombstones meant.

I'm gonna be there on the 16th for howl-o-fest and was gonna ride The Beast just to see what it was. Since I'm gonna have some little ones with me that day maybe someone could tell me what the surprise is since I won't get to stay for haunt.

Guest TombraiderTy

Since I'm gonna have some little ones with me that day maybe someone could tell me what the surprise is since I won't get to stay for haunt.

I edited the first post of the thread, just click "Show" at bottom of my post to read what it is.

Since I'm gonna have some little ones with me that day maybe someone could tell me what the surprise is since I won't get to stay for haunt.

I edited the first post of the thread, just click "Show" at bottom of my post to read what it is.

Thank you very much Tombraider, I wish I could see what it looks like at night.

I have a Beast question, off topic from this thread, but I hated bumping or starting a new thread for a silly question, so I'll ask it here:

What is the vertical clearance going through the tunnels? When I have my hands up approaching the double helix tunnels, I always chicken out and lower them before I get to the tunnels. It sure seems as if you could hit the ceiling of the tunnel with your hands, which might be a <little> painful at 60 mph. Of course logic tells me they would never design it as such, but I'd sure like to know to ease my mind.

I can vouch for the fact that a little guy who was less than 5' 8" at the time can and did touch the tunnel with his hand while sitting on the left side. And he bled.

And no, it was not me, but I was there, and I have seen it happen to others, too. There is a reason for the CAUTION, KEEP YOUR ARMS DOWN AND INSIDE THE CAR warning. It's not just for effect.

When I was at the park on Sunday. I rode Beast and looked at the Halloween display. I noticed that on the road there was some wood that was placed to show the letters PSK or PVK. If it is PSK, then I think it could mean Please Save (My) Kid? I don't know. What are your thoughts?