New theme/additions to Festhaus

Guest PizzaBaby027

I will preface my comment by saying that I KNOW I am in the minority...but having shows in Festhaus has actually driven me and my family away from it. It used to be our favorite place to eat in the park...now we go out of our way to avoid it. It is not that the shows are necesarilly bad...we just prefer to eat in relative peace & quiet.

I think the volume of the shows should be turned down a bit. (I know..."If it's too loud, your too old". )

On the off times we do choose to still eat in Festhaus due to inclimate weather we try and schedule it between the shows.

I will preface my comment by saying that I KNOW I am in the minority...but having shows in Festhaus has actually driven me and my family away from it. It used to be our favorite place to eat in the park...now we go out of our way to avoid it. It is not that the shows are necesarilly bad...we just prefer to eat in relative peace & quiet.

I think the volume of the shows should be turned down a bit. (I know..."If it's too loud, your too old". )

On the off times we do choose to still eat in Festhaus due to inclimate weather we try and schedule it between the shows.

Well the good news for you is that you can find LaRosa's at two other locations in the park in relatively quieter places. And the volume of the shows is not that loud unless you're sitting in the front right by the speaker. Its a big room, sit towards the back or on the front sides up towards the stage where the speaker doesn't directly hit your ears.

^^Your suggestion would be acceptable if Standbyme had mentioned that his family was only there for LaRosa's. There are far more products available for purchase in the Festhaus then LaRosa's products. I think most of the Festhaus' popularity is the fact that you have a variety of products at one stop. This is especially convenient for a large group or family who might all want something different for a meal but don't want to have to wait for each other to get their food.

As for the volume, it can vary from show to show. Everyone has different comfort levels regardless of where they are sitting in the building What might be considered loud to me might not be loud to you.

Settle down there Mr. Kirk, he just stated his opinion of the facility. I have to agree with Standbyme its hard to eat in there while a show is taking place due to the lighting among other things.

Given how I think most of the food looks from Panda Express, I think low lighting would be appreciated. But then again, I hate Chinese food. :-)

Guest PizzaBaby027

For the past few years now I feel as if the festhaus is more of a country themed area, maybe they outta them it to a barn. I feel now that the festhaus is themed to country, just the feeling I get when I walk in lol

With all due respect, it seems to me someone is lip synching something.

Do you know what lip synching means? I have watched these shows countless times and I can assure you that the performers are singing live, not recorded, at each show. Unless, of course, you are talking about the Peanuts productions in the Planet Snoopy area..

Yes, I know what lip synching means. And yes, someone is lip synching.

I answered that in the part of my post you chose not to quote:

You.

The park's Live-E party line....

You are lip synching with the park's viewpoint...which is fine and dandy, but:

* There is more money to be made in/by the park than just in the Fest House. If those who used to come for a quiet meal or for German theming/shows no longer come, the park loses their parking, admissions and in park spending revenue. About like Paramount (and Cedar Fair, too) to ONLY consider the point of sale revenue in the Fest House. There is more to a park than a single location, more than just rides, just shows, just parking revenue, just admissions revenue, just season pass revenue, etc.

Many small changes over time add up. There is a reason that admissions at the park are much, much lower than in the park's heyday. Many of them, actually. And I submit that the loss of theming throughout the park, not just at Fest House, is one of the major ones...along with focusing on rides, rides, rides; while eliminating tram service, cutting back on live entertainment (a trend Cedar Fair has somewhat reversed at Kings Island, but not compared to Kings Island pre-Paramount), cutting back on quality of food and merchandise while greatly raising prices, cutting back on middle management thinking those people didn't do anything the guest would notice anyway, etc. Al Weber under CBS was forced to make many of these changes in the CBS days, and now we sadly see him doing many of the same things again at Six Flags...from ending the fire department at Great Adventure to ending Temple of the Tiger, cutting back park hours, etc.

A guest may not notice a cut here and a cut there, but eventually all the cuts add up to the guests realizing, or at least some of them realizing, that the park is not the Fun & Only....there are other places to spend entertainment dollars.

And always there is someone who will parrot the park's lines for this month, which seem to encompass that the German theming for Fest House is old and outdated and needs abandoning...

By the way, it is not YOUR Fest House show, it is not mine, it is currently Cedar Fair's. They will do with it what they wish, whether or not we like it. And I will go or not go, whether or not anyone here likes it. It's all I can do and I do what I can do. You see, I'm not ready to see a midget bleed. Not today. Not Friday. Not Saturday. And I won't. Not voluntarily anyway. It's my money, I choose how to spend it. You can do the same with yours.

* There is more money to be made in/by the park than just in the Fest House. If those who used to come for a quiet meal or for German theming/shows no longer come, the park loses their parking, admissions and in park spending revenue. About like Paramount (and Cedar Fair, too) to ONLY consider the point of sale revenue in the Fest House. There is more to a park than a single location, more than just rides, just shows, just parking revenue, just admissions revenue, just season pass revenue, etc.

Then they should open the restaurant above the entrance back up. I totally agree that more options are good. I just don't think German is a good option anymore. My personal opinion and preference. I also am glad that they have two shows in there and think its a good venue for them. Again, just my opinion.

Many small changes over time add up. There is a reason that admissions at the park are much, much lower than in the park's heyday. Many of them, actually. And I submit that the loss of theming throughout the park, not just at Fest House, is one of the major ones...along with focusing on rides, rides, rides; while eliminating tram service, cutting back on live entertainment (a trend Cedar Fair has somewhat reversed at Kings Island, but not compared to Kings Island pre-Paramount), cutting back on quality of food and merchandise while greatly raising prices, cutting back on middle management thinking those people didn't do anything the guest would notice anyway, etc. Al Weber under CBS was forced to make many of these changes in the CBS days, and now we sadly see him doing many of the same things again at Six Flags...from ending the fire department at Great Adventure to ending Temple of the Tiger, cutting back park hours, etc.

A guest may not notice a cut here and a cut there, but eventually all the cuts add up to the guests realizing, or at least some of them realizing, that the park is not the Fun & Only....there are other places to spend entertainment dollars.

Agreed completely. I went to Disney World 4 times in 2009 and on one of those trips rode a total of probably less than 10 rides in the three days I was there. I LOVE theming. I love details.

And always there is someone who will parrot the park's lines for this month, which seem to encompass that the German theming for Fest House is old and outdated and needs abandoning...

I didn't realize the park had addressed this issue so I don't think I'm parroting their opinion. Agreeing without my knowledge, maybe. But I - unlike you, from what I've gathered from your other posts - am not privy to these kinds of things from park management.

By the way, it is not YOUR Fest House show...

And I was completely kidding with my friend Gordon Bombay, poking fun at the reputation (deserved, I guess) I'm getting for being a gigantic mark for the shows at Kings Island. Sorry I couldn't make that humor more clear.

And before anyone freaks out that Terpy and I are flaming one another or other such nonsense, it should be noted that he sent a friend request today and I gladly accepted. People can disagree - passionately - without taking it personally. It's just a message board, folks.

Well, to chime in on the subject of the International Restaurant. One big challenge is that to re-open it as a restaurant would require some work, to bring it up to the current ADA standards. The biggest problem is that the elevator is not readily accessible from a public area, so it would require some substantial upgrades. Not to say that the park can`t (or even hasn`t) thought about doing those upgrades. Even Moonlite Gardens has had an elevator added to service the upper level.

Well, to chime in on the subject of the International Restaurant. One big challenge is that to re-open it as a restaurant would require some work, to bring it up to the current ADA standards. The biggest problem is that the elevator is not readily accessible from a public area, so it would require some substantial upgrades. Not to say that the park can`t (or even hasn`t) thought about doing those upgrades. Even Moonlite Gardens has had an elevator added to service the upper level.

You know what would be amazing - and I get that it would never work or ever happen, but I wish they could enclose the lower level of the Eiffell Tower, with floor to ceiling windows, and make it into an upscale dining experience. That would be a dream come true. And while I'm dreaming, make it into a revolving platform so it circles around the park throughout dinner. Again, this would never ever happen but wouldn't that be cool??

And the volume of the shows is not that loud unless you're sitting in the front right by the speaker. Its a big room, sit towards the back or on the front sides up towards the stage where the speaker doesn't directly hit your ears.

We already sit at the end table as you enter the door...any farther away from the stage and we would be back outside! :lol:

I have worked in a music store for decades...I am the master of tuning out music that I don't want to hear...but that still does not make it any easier to carry on a conversation.

I think most of the Festhaus' popularity is the fact that you have a variety of products at one stop. This is especially convenient for a large group or family who might all want something different for a meal but don't want to have to wait for each other to get their food.

It is as if you know my family! That is one of the main reasons we loved Festhaus...that and the air conditioning!

Also, Topgun, thanks for the defense. :)

You know what would be amazing - and I get that it would never work or ever happen, but I wish they could enclose the lower level of the Eiffell Tower, with floor to ceiling windows, and make it into an upscale dining experience. That would be a dream come true. And while I'm dreaming, make it into a revolving platform so it circles around the park throughout dinner. Again, this would never ever happen but wouldn't that be cool??

I for one love that idea even though as you said it would never happen. One of my favorite things to do at the park is to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night when the entire park is lit up. Add a nice dinner experience to that and they would get so much money out of me and my girlfriend every time we come to the park lol.

With regards to the IS dining facility...

While my feelings are not acrimonious at neither Cedar Fair, nor its predecessor I am slightly disappointed there is still no indoor table service facility at Kings Island. I suppose this disappointment stems from feeling as though I am being taken advantage of for the sole reason of 'their ability to be take advantage of the client' i.e. make them pay top dollar, for a lackluster product, make them wait in line to get it, then find a seat and have to clean the previous diners garbage from the table... Especially when one travels to the Mecca of theme parks - Orlando - and you not only get a better quality product from a friendlier staff, but at a lower price point. Truth be told, (and this is in no way a plug) you can go to The Beach and find a higher quality product at a lower price point

In my eyes, I would be a little more willing to spend the price they are asking, if it were a full service facility.

I don't particularly care where the facility is located, to be honest, I don't think I could provide a suitable location if asked, but that is what R&D is for I suppose.

I am not remotely naive enough to think Cedar Fair is in business for anything else but to make money - it's a business. However, when your business relies so heavily on client satisfaction (although, what business doesn't?) it would seem to me it is time the executives at Cedar Fair, be it the good ole' boys or the new blood, start asking themselves the following question with regards to future expansions...

It isn't necessarily do we have to, but moreover, should we?

Just my opinions though...