Closed rides for haunt

homestar92

So According to their site, KI says that 18 rides are open for haunt. I have a couple questions since I'm going tomorrow. Are all rides open during the day before Haunt starts, and which rides close? If I had to guess, I'd assume Planet Snoopy closes as well as most of the flats in Coney Mall. But I really don't know. So my question is, which, if any "good" rides are closed. By "Good" rides, I mean coasters and the bigger flats, like Delirium and Drop Tower. If anyone knows, I'd love to be informed before I go. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The haunt web site and the haunt guides in the park say The Crypt will run during the haunt, but every time I've been on Friday Night or even all day on Saturdays, it's always closed! So don't expect The Crypt to be running, even during early Saturdays when just about everything else is.

Oh God... Crypt is closed? Does this mean another "Let's retire it early for the end of the season to give it a break?" Or is it another "Let's close it and try to re-program it before winter?" Or another "We'll close it, and then once the season's over, announce that it's not coming back?"

Either way, I don't have a good feeling about that...

Has it been open at all this month? Or is it flat-out closed?

Oh God... Crypt is closed? Does this mean another "Let's retire it early for the end of the season to give it a break?" Or is it another "Let's close it and try to re-program it before winter?" Or another "We'll close it, and then once the season's over, announce that it's not coming back?"

I'm hoping for the last thing you said to be true. Whatever the case, it's closed for the rest of the season. I'd like to see it removed, and

maybe get a new top spin that works and put it in the old Action Zone area, and use the space for an Intamin coaster in the future.

I'll go with...

The ride went down, it makes more sense to get a jump start on the off season maintenance then to try to correct the problem and risk it acting up again before the end of the season.

^

I hope you're right! The Crypt we have today is still a unique and unusual experience. I would kill to get an indoor suspended top spin with Kings Dominion's music & effects to replace it, but I don't think it's at the point yet where it must be completely removed... If it's still soaking up some people and shortening lines for other rides, why get rid of it?