To all the Sprint EVO/EPIC & Kings Island lovers

BoddaH1994

::Warning - nerdy post ahead::

I was at Kings Island tonight and was able to pick up a very strong Sprint 4G signal on my HTC EVO 4G. I did a speed test and was able to get about 7mbps downloading and just over 1mbps upload. To put that in perspective, I just did a speed test here at Castle BoddaH and was able to get only .35 mbps downloading and .11 mbps uploading over EVDO Rev A (that's Sprint's 3G) and 4.28mbps downloading and .97mbps uploading over wifi. That's a big increase!

If you're lost, check out this thread from the original announcement of the EVO 4G.

Don't forget that 4G hasn't officially been launched in Cincinnati yet, so it's possible that you could fire up your EVO or Epic and get nothing as early as tomorrow. As they are installing the Wimax transmitters on the towers, they seem to leave them on for a few days and then turn them off. The Chicago market was similar - people would get and loose 4G signals over the course of a few months. The 4G signal was ultimately blacked out until the official announcement when it was all turned on at once.

As of now we only know that "the Cincinnati market" is getting 4G, and it has not been announced how far the Cincinnati market goes. I think it's really cool that Kings Island is getting 4G and I can't wait to kill time in line for rides while surfing the internet at blazing fast speeds. :rolleyes: