October 9 - WOW Was it CROWDED!

RD Reynolds

Went for our last go this year with our five year old, and it was a beautiful day...which brought he single largest crowds I've ever witnessed at the park! I seriously have never seen crowds like the one today. Didn't greatly hamper our enjoyment (we mainly stayed back in the kids Howl area), although by the time we'd waited 40 minutes to ride Woodstock Express, we were glad we weren't trying to cram more in and were basically just goofing around for the day.

As an aside, I couldn't believe the line to renew season passes! Was really glad my buddy told me that you could do it online instead of waiting, which I did when we got home. wink.gif

RD

Sweet mother of god... The exact same thing can be said about Cedar Point. Every queue (both rides and food stands) spilled heavily onto the midway creating some painfully long waits which also caused some confusion with guests. If you were able to find a parking space on point after 3 pm, consider yourself blessed from whatever higher power you believe in, because folks - there was some divine intervention involved.

Can I get a show of hands.... is anyone interested in waiting 45 minutes for the space needle??? Anyone? Anyone???? Bueller??

I wonder if today was an on point parking ban day for employees... I can't imagine they forecasted this many people, but maybe they did...

I peeked at the CP TTD webcam at 3:30pm and could not believe a full parking lot! I would not want to be there on such a day - not when I can go in May and walk on almost every ride - not to mention, have my choice of stalls in the men's room!

Yeah, I finally had to leave. After what happened last night, I was NOT about to go through that again! It's not enjoyable to go to

an amusement park when its off the wall like that! If you go all the way over there and can only get on 3 or 4 rides in a day, that

is NOT fun. I like to do everything, and can't do it on a day like today. I am glad for ERT, though. I got 14 rides on Diamondback

before the GP showed up. I ended up with 16 total on it. Then only got to ride Flight Deck and waited too long for Red Racer.

After that, I decided my blood was boiling too much, I best go. Hopefully, Sunday wont be as bad!

Well I worked as rides manager at a VERY busy Coney, and the when up to Kings Island with some security people from Coney. I knew it would be crowded at KI, and expected that.. Wait times were not that bad. The longest line we waited in was Diamondback, at about an hour. I did notice that they had rides employees scanning passes/tickets at the front gate tonight. Well, I need to be off to bed soon here, I am rides manager at Coney tomorrow, the last official day that all the rides are open for the 2010 season!

I was at the park as well and it was jam packed all day long. I had to get my Drop Tower fix in of course and stood in a full queue house for an hour and fifteen minute wait. Then they only had one side of Racer going so the queue house was open and still spilling out into the midway. The Beast around 8:30 was out in the midway with every queue house open, and not to mention when we got off around 9:30 or later, it was all the way down to Diamondback's splashdown. Definitely one of the most crowded days I have ever experienced at Kings Island.

Yes, it was crowded at KI as well. I think everything had an hour-long wait. We actually stood in a line for 15 minutes thinking we were in line for Carnevil, then soon discovered it was a line for dippin dots! Suprisingly. Club Blood was a 2 and a half hour wait, as opposed to the new werewolve haunt right next to it, which was about 1-1n1/2 hour wait. Usually at the end of the night we ride Diamondback 3 or 4 times but we could only fit in one run last night and it was a 45 minute wait. Despite the crowd, it was still a fun night for us and I hope it was for you too! (Carnevil was DEFINATELY worth the wait in my book, even though the line wrapped around the Boo Blasters.) Also, the intercom demon-voice played once the park closes is creative and funny i loved it.

I learned 3 things yesturday:

Riding the very last seat in Diamondback is awesome

Watching a group of teens straight from Jersey Shore try to light eachother's hair on fire in the line for Diamondback is NOT awesome :huh:

It sucks when EVERY scaractor in the park knows your name and stalks you everywhere... especially if they remember you from your last visit

• 2 weeks later...