Should KI and Cedar Fair Discontinue Halloween Haunt?

RaptorGuy

Well I'm a Cherokee Indian and Frankly I'm offended that KI uses Cornstalks during the Haunt! I mean who do they think they are actually naming a maze Cornstalkers?

Can you believe they just tied those innocent cornstalks to trees, lamposts and just whatever they felt like? What about the Drums? "Satan" just stands up there and beats one with NO regard to my Indian sensetivities!

Indians everywhere should unite and protest KI until they shut this anti-native american travesty down!!

I've been to the Haunt Every Friday night this year, This last Friday was down right wonderful. The fog wasn't blowing around and settled like a blanket over the park, transforming it into a dark, magical place. Watching Delirium sweep the massive wisps of smoke in the air while waiting in line, and spinning just above the layer of fog while riding it was incredible. All through the park you're surrounded by thousands of adults and teens screaming and laughing, most all of them are just having a great time.

If you look for problems, guess what, your gonna find them!!! Try looking for a good time, they exhist as well, trust me.

Here's what has seemed to be a full proof method of dealing with the smokers. If your out in the park area......move away from the offender(s). If they are standing in front of something you have to see.....come back later. It will still be there. If your in a que and they are in front of you, stay still when the line moves and let them move ahead of you, tell the people behind you that an (insert expletive here) is in front of you smoking. Trust me, everyone will understand and 9 times out of 10 the smoker will be embarassed enough to put it out. If they're behind you, let them go ahead and repeat step 2.

If your retort to this suggestion is, "Why should they get to get in front of me for smoking?" You do realize there are many seats on every ride, and you might just embarass them enough to quit.

Life too short, don't hate on the Haunt.

...I would love to see Halloween Haunt canceled and bring back Winterfest. Winterfest is a much nicer event. It's a happy event, and brings out

the best in people, NOT the worst like Haunt does. Its a much better money maker. Just ask Dolly Parton. Dollywood does NOT do any kind of

Halloween event, but they do a Christmas event, and do it well. They make a lot of money and people go there. There's no reason to think that

Kings Island would NOT have the same kind of return. So, hopefully, someone at Cedar Fair will get the message! CANCEL HAUNT!

Really? Have you been doing KI's books lately? Did you go to Winterfest when they tried to bring it back in 05? I was there almost every single night working and guess what, the place was a ghost town.

RaptorGuy let me tell you one simple thing, IF YOU DON'T LIKE Halloween Haunt THEN DON'T DO!!!!!!!!!!!!! After 7 pm Kings Island is no longer a place to ride rides and walk around and enjoy the landscaping it turns into what I like to say HELL. Its halloween, only cause your ***** *** doesn't like it doesn't mean that every other person doesn't like it either. This is a halloween event not a christian event, thats 2 months down the road. You don't like what goes on then just don't go, you want to ride rides go BEFORE 7pm. You don't want to see coffins THEN DON'T LOOK, remember the park does advise....WARNING: Halloween Haunt includes graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences; not recommended for children. No one and nothing is off limits! So your not mature enough to handle this, God darn your type really **** me off, I don't like it, That means it must go, NO SIR ONLY BECAUSE YOU DONT AGREE DOESN'T MEAN IT NEEDS TO BE STOPPED, no you must go. I don't believe I have ever read so much BS in one post/blog in my life. Remember child....IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T LOOK/GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No caffeine for me, tooth ache, but come on really this raptorguy fella really needs to learn that this a halloween event, Halloween Haunt, not just Kings Island, its Kings Island's Halloween Haunt. Its like saying I want to go on KICentral but don't want to be bothered by Kings Island stuff, just want to see the graphics of the site, really????

uh- let me go one step further. my last comment was meant to be light hearted towards PizzaBaby's post. Upon second read- you should really tone down your rhetoric. I don't agree with most of Raptor's post- though I don't particularly care for the attractions either- BUT, being a male I have impeccable "tuning out" capabilities. Your reply is a bit demeaning. Raptor seemed to convey his post for the most part respectful. If you have to preface your posts with "*" everywhere to mask your real words and issue massive quantities of "!" and ALL CAPS- you should probably rethink your demeanor, go to bed, and maybe post in the morning.

My tolorence level goes way down in the dirt once I get on something.

Let me apologize to Raptorguy, its not my fault you can't handle grown up scenes, or blood or getting a little scared. I know a little child like yourself can't handle this, again like the park advised Children should not be brought to the park and this is for mature audiences.

Jesus H Christ. What is with such politically correct people on here? The dead celeb ideas were just a stupid idea for KI. I found it to be really shocking and offensive but sometimes I like to be offended by movies and stuff like that. It was stupid of them because it would direct crowds away from KI. Dead Acres has a demon birth and a zombie suicide. Halloween Haunt is kiddie land compared to Dead Acres. Stop taking things so seriously. Don't be like an MPAA member. There are far more important things to be offended by than an actor saying God is dead or a huge Satan at KI. Ya know God understands it's all just for fun. I don't think he minds.

This thread is exactly what wrong with society. I'm with RaptorGuy on this. Haunt has gotten out of control and KI managers have no control.

And to everyone attacking his beliefs and trying to make this a halloween vs christian debate, remember Halloween is a Christian holiday that has been corrupted in America to what we celebrate today.

FF EKU dawg 4 life:

This thread is exactly what wrong with society. I'm with RaptorGuy on this. Haunt has gotten out of control and KI managers have no control.

And to everyone attacking his beliefs and trying to make this a halloween vs christian debate, remember Halloween is a Christian holiday that has been corrupted in America to what we celebrate today.

Christian huh........

http://www.history.c...opics/halloween

BOO!!!!

Call 'em crazy, but Cedar Point won't alter or remove any of its attractions, despite a request from mental health advocates to do so.

A Cedar Point spokesman said "changes are not required."

On Thursday, the National Alliance on Mental Illness asked the amusement park to immediately remove two offerings focusing on fictional mental health patients: Dr. D. Mented's Asylum for the Criminally Insane, and The Edge of Madness: Still Crazy....

"The attractions at HalloWeekends are not the real world and our guests know that," Innes said. "Our attractions are not designed to depict reality."

The alliance's Ohio chapter described Cedar Point's inaction as potentially harmful and called Cedar Point a "callous organization."

But it will not continue to ask the park to make changes, said Terry Russell, the alliance's execute director....

Russell said the alliance doesn't oppose haunted houses or Halloween festivals, but wished Cedar Point wouldn't make light of such a serious disease.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/2010/oct/10/cpfollow100910xml

Then I get inside the front gate only to see SATAN himself on top of a scaffolding over the Royal Fountain. That in itself is WRONG on so many levels. What

is Kings Island doing, promoting HELL? Whats up with that??

That wasn't the real Satan. It was a guy in a costume. The real Satan is very busy this time of year.

Hahahahahaha. I just about fell out of my chair.

BoddaH1994 at your comment about Satan, I started laughing out loud in my apartment and my roommates had to come investigate as to why I was laughing. In turn they started laughing too.

I'm sorry but no matter what religion you are, if you don't like Halloween things or Halloween Haunt don't visit. Just because society isn't like you doesn't mean you need to change it.

Well I'm a Cherokee Indian and Frankly I'm offended that KI uses Cornstalks during the Haunt! I mean who do they think they are actually naming a maze Cornstalkers?

Can you believe they just tied those innocent cornstalks to trees, lamposts and just whatever they felt like? What about the Drums? "Satan" just stands up there and beats one with NO regard to my Indian sensetivities!

Indians everywhere should unite and protest KI until they shut this anti-native american travesty down!!

I've been to the Haunt Every Friday night this year, This last Friday was down right wonderful. The fog wasn't blowing around and settled like a blanket over the park, transforming it into a dark, magical place. Watching Delirium sweep the massive wisps of smoke in the air while waiting in line, and spinning just above the layer of fog while riding it was incredible. All through the park you're surrounded by thousands of adults and teens screaming and laughing, most all of them are just having a great time.

If you look for problems, guess what, your gonna find them!!! Try looking for a good time, they exhist as well, trust me.

Here's what has seemed to be a full proof method of dealing with the smokers. If your out in the park area......move away from the offender(s). If they are standing in front of something you have to see.....come back later. It will still be there. If your in a que and they are in front of you, stay still when the line moves and let them move ahead of you, tell the people behind you that an (insert expletive here) is in front of you smoking. Trust me, everyone will understand and 9 times out of 10 the smoker will be embarassed enough to put it out. If they're behind you, let them go ahead and repeat step 2.

If your retort to this suggestion is, "Why should they get to get in front of me for smoking?" You do realize there are many seats on every ride, and you might just embarass them enough to quit.

Life too short, don't hate on the Haunt.

Thank you buddy! This guy is exactly right!

As much as I would like to see Winterfest come back, they really can't because It'd take way to long to take down haunt and then set up Winterfest. But I would like to see it come back.

There is a month between the last day of October and the first day of December. If they really want to bring back Winterfest, they have the time... I actually believe Winterfest has the ability to be very successful, even today. Though and as I've heard, Winterfest 2005 was a fairly neutered version of the original. I'm sure something big like "The World's Largest Light Show!" or something would bring in plenty of guests, especially if it were market it correctly.

As much as I would like to see Winterfest come back, they really can't because It'd take way to long to take down haunt and then set up Winterfest. But I would like to see it come back.

There is a month between the last day of October and the first day of December. If they really want to bring back Winterfest, they have the time... I actually believe Winterfest has the ability to be very successful, even today. Though and as I've heard, Winterfest 2005 was a fairly neutered version of the original. I'm sure something big like "The World's Largest Light Show!" or something would bring in plenty of guests, especially if it were market it correctly.

Well It takes about a month to set up Halloween Haunt and I'm pretty sure it'd take about a month and a a half to take down HH and set up WF.

Also, for everybody who's getting mad at me for me Soapbox O' Ranting post a few pages back, don't forget, I'm 11. My views are probably way different then yours.

WOW! Please tell me you were only trying to be sarcastic.

Halloween is NOT a Christian holiday. November 1st, All Saints Day, is a Catholic holiday.

I was at Cedar Point this past weekend, even know the park was packed the brim on Saturday and Sunday I did not see any line cutting. Or anything I see at Kings Island, I remember hearing all the WinterFest stuff had been thrown away a few years. I don't see how anybody could say the 2005 version was great, they did not have much to offer. And yes the parks love to jam the park full of people and try to reach a record for number of people in the line. At Cedar Point it was like most food areas had a limited staff to getting our order too forever. it took 20 mins to get two orders of fries.

I, for one, thought Winterfest 2005 was great, at least at Carowinds.

But...know that virtually all the decorations were rented....(seems CBS was selling the parks and knew the buyer may or may not be interested in carrying on the tradition). Also, the Charlotte Observer had a very apt headline: "Walking In An Empty Wonderland."

Also, for everybody who's getting mad at me for me Soapbox O' Ranting post a few pages back, don't forget, I'm 11. My views are probably way different then yours.

Not to pick on you but since you brought up your age, please keep in mind this boards age requirement per the terms of service:

http://www.KICentral...?showtopic=4128

Children under the age of 13 may NOT register on the KICentral.com forums or post comments in any KICentral.com photo gallery

I have been reading this topic for some time now and have just been reading everyone else responses. After going to my second Haunt last year and my first one the year before that I was very dissapointed in the scare factor I got out of the mazes. There were only a couple of times I got really really scared. It does bring in a huge crowd to the park though, just ask everyone that was there on Saturday the 9th. I believe that they should not cancel Haunt, but go to the older, Paramount Fearfest set up. Make it a separate admission, that way, those who do not like Haunt can leave with their kids or just themselves and those that want to go just for Haunt will come when it is time for the Monsters to come out. That way you will have a less crowded park in the day and a kids event going on, and then at night you will have those who choose to come and get scared. As for the monsters at the front of the park, I left on Saturday around 10:00 and I did not see one single monster out running around scaring people. Literally, not a single one.

This thread is exactly what wrong with society...

By all means, please tell us what to believe and how to live

Most of society feels Halloween is a satanic holiday, which in America, it seems to be, but that is not the true orgin of Halloween.

FF EKU dawg 4 life:

Christian huh........

http://www.history.c...opics/halloween

BOO!!!!

http://www.crossroadsinitiative.com/library_article/784/Truth_about_Halloween.html

BAM also nice use of quotes, just looks like you want to steal my words.

If I was a mod... I'd seriously consider closing this thread down soon.... Just saying.

Best post in this thread

WOW! Please tell me you were only trying to be sarcastic.

Halloween is NOT a Christian holiday. November 1st, All Saints Day, is a Catholic holiday.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The origins of Halloween are, in fact, very Christian and rather American. Halloween falls on October 31 because of a pope, and its observances are the result of medieval Catholic piety.

from http://www.crossroadsinitiative.com/library_article/784/Truth_about_Halloween.html

^I think that would be a much better system, it would weed out the people who only come for Haunt and those who want to come and ride the coasters.

Oh, no... no way... they actually scheduled it like that a few years ago and people were complaining on here because they'd loose an hour of their coaster riding time.

Just remember - you are absolutely entitled to have everything molded to your own personal interests at Kings Island. The good of the one outweighs the good of the many. :rolleyes:

Nothing could be further from the truth. The origins of Halloween are, in fact, very Christian and rather American. Halloween falls on October 31 because of a pope, and its observances are the result of medieval Catholic piety.

from http://www.crossroad..._Halloween.html

Many things have Christian origins, that does not make it a holiday as you previously claimed.

from http://www.crossroad..._Halloween.html

Many things have Christian origins, that does not make it a holiday as you previously claimed.

Ok may not be a holiday, but still not secular either.