Should KI and Cedar Fair Discontinue Halloween Haunt?

RaptorGuy

I personally wouldn't know Browntggrr if he came up and cracked me in the head with a garbage can lid! So I guess I can't personally judge his belief system in general, but I can read what he posts and disagree or agree as I see fit, as you all can with me. I never read where he personally called Raptorguy an asinined person (and I'm not either), he merely stated that what he wrote in his OP was asinined.

I agree with Browntggrr, even though he's a Browns fan.

Also using the FOX news trick of forcing your beliefs on the reader(viewer) by posing it in the form of a question is also, well to be honest whenever I see FOX news doing it, I think it's asinined:

"Should KI and Cedar Fair Discontinue Halloween Haunt?"

This isn't a legitimate question to ask if you've already made up your mind. Which in Raptorguy's OP, he clearly has.

"Should congress pass a law making it illigal for Liberals to vote?"

What's the difference?

how is this thread still going?

OK- I am going to officially throw my support behind shutting down Haunt. My wife and I went Saturday night (into Sunday morning)- and to be completely honest with you- 2 hour waits for Diamondback at midnight and ANY sort of wait whatsoever for The Racers is completely ridiculous! When I heard someone say that it was a 30-minute wait for The Racers.... we walked for a minute and left. I've been going to KI "regularly" since the late 80's- I've never seen lines like Saturday night.

Beliefs about Haunt aside.... it's not going ANYWHERE ANYTIME soon. KI probably makes more money in the month of October from those handful of days than they probably do in a month of regular operation. It has to be the biggest "cash cow" generator for them.

Again, we could have cared less about the haunt attractions themselves- but aside from copious amounts of fog (the amount of fog we saw could have caused a 2 hour delay in Kings School district)- we saw two characters/actors the whole time we were there. One was a freak with a giant sized lollipop in Action Zone and a short lady that made the teen girls scream.... by screaming at them (intriguing tactic).

Honestly i don't care for the Haunt things myself- but the only problem i had with it was the fact that it was PACKED- didn't see any unruly individuals, nothing really offensive as you walked around. I'm sure I could come up with something if we went into an attraction- but if you have no interest in that- it's EASY to avoid.

The Haunt was out of hand the first year they changed the name. All it will take is someone suing the park because they got hurt or beat up by some people for them to make major changes. I remember when they had a friday night party thing years ago in Action Zone. All it took was a shooting in the parking lot to make them stop that event for good. I do have to say that i been to Halloweekends and to the Haunt. Halloweekends is way better. But i do go to Kings Island in Oct. I just go on a Sunday.

There was no shooting in the parking lot. There was, however, a nice little riot during the event.

The next weekend was canceled because, "The DJ was unable to make their flight."

The weekend after that, the event quietly disappeared.

I think they actually did two of the five scheded events.

Does anyone remember what it was called? Off the top of my head, I can't...

The news reports told different.

I'm still waiting for all of these news reports about a "shooting" in KI's parking lot.

The shooting at Dominion was during a private event too, so I don't think they were doing Xtended Play that night, but that could be wrong.

The only thing i can tell you is to ask the Mason Police. But a police report can only last so long in the system. That's all i'm gonna say on the subject.

RaptorGuy, you need to understand that these events are good for the parks. Halloween Haunt and HalloWeekends are THE most crowded days of CP's and KI's operating seasons. Huge crowds equal huge amounts of revenue for the park.

If I remember correctly, this country was in a recession not too long ago. It makes me happy to see that Cedar Fair's flagship park and their sister park(s) are raking in near record attendance numbers despite the economy's slow upward climb.

I choose to stay home instead of going to parks on Saturdays. I'm claustrophobic, so large chaotic crowds like that make me nervous. I just go the next day when the waits are half an hour or less.

My point is that instead of making several rant posts, it may be easier to find a solution. Events like HalloWeekends and Halloween Haunt are here to stay.

OK- I am going to officially throw my support behind shutting down Haunt. My wife and I went Saturday night (into Sunday morning)- and to be completely honest with you- 2 hour waits for Diamondback at midnight and ANY sort of wait whatsoever for The Racers is completely ridiculous! When I heard someone say that it was a 30-minute wait for The Racers.... we walked for a minute and left. I've been going to KI "regularly" since the late 80's- I've never seen lines like Saturday night.

This is why I want Haunt separate admission... but probably won't happen.

Beliefs about Haunt aside.... it's not going ANYWHERE ANYTIME soon. KI probably makes more money in the month of October from those handful of days than they probably do in a month of regular operation. It has to be the biggest "cash cow" generator for them.

Pretty much the truth. :P Especially for Knott's.. a year round park and its busiest time is Haunt.

My dad and mom, are hardcore Christians and yet my dad was having way too much fun with having his picture taken in an open coffin couple Haunts ago. lol.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Though I don't know near as much about the coaster industry as most of y'all, I do know it would be a DUMB business decision to cancel it. Have you seen the crowds for the Haunt?!?!?!?! That's just all money in CF pocket...at least, I pray they don't discontinue it. I got my first dose of the Haunt this year and it blew my mind! It combines three of my favorite things...KI, Halloween, and horror (not to mention beaucoups of Rob Zombie blaring through the park). I don't mean to be rude but if you don't like it, no one's forcing you to stay after 7, and Kings Island does a pretty good job warning about the graphic and provocative images. However, the idiot high school, drunken, stoned, moronic crowd that often comes with it needs to be controlled. We left the park relatively early two weekends ago only to find many circles of kids passing what I assume was not full of tobacco. Hell, they don't even need the fog machines, just scatter the stoners around the park. Lol.

Honestly I waited for Diamondback from the main entrance of the RiverTown Junction, through the entire queue and timed it at 50 minutes to the loading gates.

No one FORCES anyone to wait in ANY of the lines. You wait in line because you choose to. There is nothing stopping you from leaving the line at any time.