Working at Kings Island...

BoddaH1994

Unlike applying for a regular seasonal job position where if you show up, you can be hired, it is not the same for positions in entertainment. You must auction for the spot and like mention above, it is very fierce for those coveted spots. Think of the competition that people go through to try out for a spot on the various reality shows before they even appear on the show itself. It takes hours of school and practice to hone your singing or your dancing talents and you only have a very short time to shine for the judges before you gain a spot on one of the shows in the park.

• Like 1

When the park first opened under Taft, they had like bands that performed through out the park. A good friend of my from our high school band played the trombone in a swing band. I was even temped to try out for the clown band playing the tenor sax. I know they are due to have a live band after not having one for years and they might feel the guests would like a band based on surveys taken.

• Like 2

You must auction for the spot and like mention above, it is very fierce for those coveted spots.

An auction? Fascinating.

Just for kicks and giggles, I dug around the entertainment openings, and it said drum set was a possibility. However, I'm pretty sure Kings Island only has live singers, not musicians in its shows, so why the opening?

Actually, it says they are currently casting. This is worded differently than in previous years, so it's assumed that they are wanting to see a live band formed for next season.

http://www.visitking...ive-e-auditions

Blood Drums troupes are formed in association with Street Drum Corps.

• 1 month later...

I've worked at KI for the last 2 seasons during Haunt. It was easy for me to get a job for Haunt. I could only work saturdays though because of my full time job. I think most could only work saturdays. I tryed to get a spring/summer job this year. But i wasn't hired. I am guessing it was due to me needing to work a certin amount of hours during that time.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I don't believe you get a discount after the 4 complimentary tickets. But I do know that there are no tickets for Haunt.

Edit: You have to work a certain amount of hours before you can receive your complimentary tickets. I think it's like 230 or 240.

Edit 2: I am looking at the Employee Benefits page and I was wrong about ticket discount. You do get a 20% discount on tickets. And the required hours to receive complimentary tickets are 224.

• Like 1

Hey guys, just want to remind you, to be careful when posting things on here about the park and your employment. Make sure you look over anything with your employee handbooks/website/etc. social media/company info policies. Don't want you to get in trouble or fired.

Also, make sure you note, that you are not allowed to sell your comp tickets or tickets you get discounted that could result in termination.

Just lookin' out for you! Happy 2015 KI Season! Welcome to the family!

• Like 14