Working at Kings Island...

BoddaH1994

I'll be working Diamondback this year guys, come ride the tallest, fastest, and best roller coaster in the park.

I'd personally say Adventure Express is the best roller coaster in the park, but whatever...

Eh, I could name a few attractions that take both of those bad boys down anytime! I hope you guys have an amazing time working at Kings Island, I remember my first year, and it was a blast. Now, being a semi-veteran of the park, it's always great to see old faces back at the park, and to interact with the guests at a level only Cedar Fair's Kings Island could bring to the table. I look forward to working with you all, and the others who applied to Kings Island!

-BB1

I'll be working Diamondback this year guys, come ride the tallest, fastest, and best roller coaster in the park.

I'd personally say Adventure Express is the best roller coaster in the park, but whatever...

Eh, I could name a few attractions that take both of those bad boys down anytime! I hope you guys have an amazing time working at Kings Island, I remember my first year, and it was a blast. Now, being a semi-veteran of the park, it's always great to see old faces back at the park, and to interact with the guests at a level only Cedar Fair's Kings Island could bring to the table. I look forward to working with you all, and the others who applied to Kings Island!

-BB1

I will be working Haunt again this year along with working Snoopy's Halloween Party.

yes as long as it gets approved by the higher ups of whatever division you work.

i know several who fall into this category. including myself at one point; until i retired this past season from haunt.

yes, it can be stressful at times but still a "FUN" job to do.

• Like 2

I worked at Kings Island in 04. I loved it. I worked Coney 1 for games most of the time. I didn't want games but i had applied in spring when all the rides positions had been filled. The interview was kind of a joke. I was really shy and the girl asked me to sell the games to draw people in. it kind of went "uhhh welll uhh you should play this game because uhh you can win stuff" then she said i was hired. It still makes no sense to me. She should have just hired me before that because obviously I didn't pass that test. I ended up doing well on the mike after a while. I worked with some awesome people too.

• Like 8

I would like to work at KI but my friends stories of working there, I don't think I will. I will try and apply to work Haunt. The other thing is taking fun away from a place I enjoy so much.

Just really depends on where you work. I loved my job, but to be fair I was inside and away from the weather/craziness lol. But it really depends on what department you work in. Some are stressful, and some are really nice :)

• Like 3

I would like to work at KI but my friends stories of working there, I don't think I will. I will try and apply to work Haunt. The other thing is taking fun away from a place I enjoy so much.

You can't always go off of what your friends say. As much as you trust them, they may not have ended up liking it, because they may have gotten written up for something that they actually did (they may have said they didn't do that), they may not have got the location they wanted, they may have been working with a group that was all drama, etc.

As Terpy said, you can't wait for the perfect job to come by...you may wait forever. Jobs are trial and error. Heck, I've worked in food and retail for 10 years, yet, an opportunity came up for a better job, I don't dare say perfect, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. It works for me.

Each and every job you come across has pluses and negatives. You have to strive to make the pluses worth more than the negatives. As far as taking fun away from a place you enjoy so much...uh, you would be working at Kings Island! Depending on what department you are in, there are some great things that can happen. If you are in rides...you may get to take test rides before opening, mid-day and at closing. The park also hosts ride nights for the associates (how cool is that?). Your associate ID is a platinum pass.....you can go visit other Cedar Fair parks without paying to get in or for parking!

Do yourself a favor, learn how working at KI can be good for you instead of listening to the "horror" stories of friends.

• Like 9

I have worked at an amusement park now for fourteen season (we just started hiring at Coney for the 2015 season), and I have loved every season. Granted, I started off as a ride operator, and have since transitioned into a rides manager position at Coney. It is a fun job.

Yes, the hours can be long, the weather unbearable at times, and the pay not the greatest. But like others have said you get to say you work at an amusement park. How cool is that? To this day I still find that awesome. Even as a manager at Coney, I like to get out and run the rides. Seeing kids having fun and their smiling faces on the rides as they make memories is priceless.

I still remember a day I was working my second season at Coney. It had stormed around 4pm, and we reopened after the storm, even though there was no one left in the park. We stayed open because their was a group from the Boys and Girls Club that was expected to arrive around 6. They did finally show up. I was working the now defunct Spin-A-Ree ride at Coney. One of the kids that got on my ride that evening made my day in so many ways. As I let him in the ride area, he said "I remember you from last year! You are the guy that let us ride helicopters over and over without getting off and you were giving us high fives when we did finally get off." Things like that make working at an amusement park so much fun.

The other perks like occasionally getting to test ride are also fun too. :)

• Like 10

I thought my job was going to be so difficult and I wasn't going to like it the first day I stepped foot onto Kings Island territory as an employee. Boy was I wrong! I loved every second of it! I also didn't have to deal with rude guests. I worked inside the employee cafe and it was really fun! I made a lot of new friends not only at my stand, but with the other employees as well. Most of the employees who worked last year are very nice and friendly and I'm glad I chose where I wanted to work. This will be my second season at KI and I am determined to make it better than last year!

• Like 5

Just really depends on where you work. I loved my job, but to be fair I was inside and away from the weather/craziness lol. But it really depends on what department you work in. Some are stressful, and some are really nice :)

what deparment did you work?