Working at Kings Island...

BoddaH1994

I am working at Kings Island. I won't announce the position, where I'm working at, or my name, because I don't want to be interrupted by People who already know about the park wanting to chat to workers, when there is plenty of people that will need help.

Most people dont go just wanting to "chat to workers."

Getting an opportunity to get out of the office and into the park was always one of my favorite things. I was dressed differently enough from the other associates that guests would stop me...a LOT...and ask questions (Im assuming it was the uniform...besides the office workers its mostly managers that dress in a similar way). I really enjoyed being able to help people with their questions, or show them around or whatever. It didnt bother me- its your job to put the guest first.

• Like 11

Uh, no. I love working at Kings Island.

I think he's referring to the video...it's well done, but I mean c'mon, it's pretty cheesy.

I think even if people directly think that it is cheesy, somewhere in their subconscience they think about how FUN it could have been to make that video.

And that was the goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I think he's referring to the video...it's well done, but I mean c'mon, it's pretty cheesy.

Cheesy it may be but those people were all volunteers- they did not have to do it. They wanted to! it was fun making it, regardlesss of whether you think it was well done or not. That was a lot of people getting out of their comfort zones to try and inspire others to join them. I know I sound like a broken record (but hey, recruiting was part of my job :) ) but it really can be fun working there. Im not going to get into the specifics, but things like this video made associates excited to be a part of something larger than themselves. Besides the video, there are NUMEROUS other perks and incentives and celebrations involved in being an employee.

• Like 7

Cheesy it may be but those people were all volunteers- they did not have to do it. They wanted to! it was fun making it, regardlesss of whether you think it was well done or not. That was a lot of people getting out of their comfort zones to try and inspire others to join them. I know I sound like a broken record (but hey, recruiting was part of my job :) ) but it really can be fun working there. Im not going to get into the specifics, but things like this video made associates excited to be a part of something larger than themselves. Besides the video, there are NUMEROUS other perks and incentives and celebrations involved in being an employee.

The perks of being a seasonal associate are nowhere near what they used to be. They have been either been scaled back or eliminated all together.

• Like 4

Onto another subject. There are buses that will take employees to and from the park. I live in Hamilton. Did some research and I haven't found any locations in Hamilton that will take me to KI or any other locations near Hamilton. Tried Metro but the closes they could get me to KI is from West Chester. Tried Butler County Transit and still nothing. I was planning on taking a bus to work this year until I get my license, but it looks like that won't happen.

• Like 2

Onto another subject. There are buses that will take employees to and from the park. I live in Hamilton. Did some research and I haven't found any locations in Hamilton that will take me to KI or any other locations near Hamilton. Tried Metro but the closes they could get me to KI is from West Chester. Tried Butler County Transit and still nothing. I was planning on taking a bus to work this year until I get my license, but it looks like that won't happen.

Yeah I wouldn't bet on any type of public transportation taking you from Hamilton to Kings Island. If you can find rides to and from Kings Island for the first couple of weeks, you should be able to find co-workers that live near you and ask them to take you.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I had my interview at the park today and I am happy to say that I am one of the newest employees at Kings Island!!  I have waited for this day since I was a little girl, and now it's official.  I will be working in Dinosaur's Alive and I can't wait to get started!

• Like 17

I was applied at a huge box store that sold computers and accessories (they had not even opened for business yet in the early 90's) right out of college and they called me in six times for an interview and at the end they admitted they didn't know where to place me.  Therefore, I swore NEVER to work them for that very reason.  That was the only place that treated me like that and I could only hope that they changed that method of hiring.   At least Kings Island is NOT like that or other places that I have worked for.

Good luck with working at Kings Island, you will not regret it.  

• Like 4

I had my interview at the park today and I am happy to say that I am one of the newest employees at Kings Island!! I have waited for this day since I was a little girl, and now it's official. I will be working in Dinosaur's Alive and I can't wait to get started!

Congratulations. I knew you'd get it.
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone, I truly can't wait to get started working at The Best Job Ever!

I hope you have a ton of fun. I'm sure you will. :D Who knows, maybe I'll see you working there at least once!

I also hope I can eventually get a job at KI someday. Living an hour away makes for quite a commute, which is part of the reason why I'm not going for it now.

• Like 5

Thank you everyone, I truly can't wait to get started working at The Best Job Ever!

I hope you have a ton of fun. I'm sure you will. :D Who knows, maybe I'll see you working there at least once!

I also hope I can eventually get a job at KI someday. Living an hour away makes for quite a commute, which is part of the reason why I'm not going for it now.

I know several people that live an hour+ away and work every day at KI.  The commute is a killer they tell me, but they don't mind.  

• Like 2