Working at Kings Island...

BoddaH1994

I believe that one key to getting a good entry level job is having a certain skill set which sets you apart from the crowd. My skill in High School and early college was that I was a certified lifeguard. I was paid more than my friends, of whom did not have a specialized skill set. (The local news has been reporting that there is a lifeguard shortage in the Cincinnati area BTW.)

My daughter is a good swimmer, but also a good artist. I believe that by the time she is in high school, she could be a caricature artist. Are the artists and lifeguards on a separate pay scale than the ride ops at KI?

• Like 1

Thank you everyone, I truly can't wait to get started working at The Best Job Ever!

I hope you have a ton of fun. I'm sure you will. :D Who knows, maybe I'll see you working there at least once!

I also hope I can eventually get a job at KI someday. Living an hour away makes for quite a commute, which is part of the reason why I'm not going for it now.

I worked my first shift yesterday and I love my job!  Even though I got soaked from the storm that came through. You would love working there, hopefully you will be able to work it out so you can.  It's easier for me since my mom works at the park, we can just work similar schedules. I hope you come through and see me sometime when you are at the park. If I happen to get off work early on the day you're there, maybe we can do some rides together.  

• Like 8

Bump. Are KI lifeguards paid more than ride ops?

Also, what is the wage for Kaman's Art Shoppes employees? 

Is it larger than KI Ride Ops?

That is the kind of information that employees are not allowed to give out. I happen to know the wages because that was my job, but i can assure you there are relatively few of us who know, and no one who would tell. The only way to find out would be to interview and get the job, really.

As for Kamans, no clue- they are their own company.

• Like 3

With the same policies. Many employers terminate any employee that discloses what they make.

I can't think of an employer that I've had that didn't have this policy. Though my current one being state employees it is considered public record. Which of course is ridiculous to me.

• Like 1

I just dug this gem up from the Internet.

Gave me a good laugh.

I'm looking forward to working my first season!

I still think we should make a follow up to this for Haunt hiring.  Start it off like this video and have the Haunt scareactors invade it and chase everyone off!

We should do a Thriller thing.

• Like 1