Old Nickelodeon Universe props?

homestar92

So I was playing around with Google Earth and I found some interesting things. In these pics:

Pic 1

Pic 2

I'm not sure what's in Pic 1 and my guesses are probably way off. In Pic 2, I'm 90% sure those are spongebob and Patrick. Any ideas what those may be? And if any other cool goodies are visible on Google Earth (Besides SOB's trains, I learned about those in another topic)?

• Like 1

The first picture is just both halves of the Nickelodeon Central sign, but the second picture does look like spongebob and patrick. Interesting find.

So I was playing around with Google Earth and I found some interesting things. In these pics:

Pic 1

Pic 2

I'm not sure what's in Pic 1 and my guesses are probably way off. In Pic 2, I'm 90% sure those are spongebob and Patrick. Any ideas what those may be? And if any other cool goodies are visible on Google Earth (Besides SOB's trains, I learned about those in another topic)?

Not entirely too surprised.. sometimes if you look hard enough evidence of HB existence still around.

And one could spend days spotting old Paramount stars throughout the park & parking lot...

Little pieces of the park's history are alive everywhere, and it's always fun to find them. I would love very much to visit the prop graveyard, or whatever the devil Kings Island calls it. Last time I saw a photo from above, the Tomb Raider: The Ride sign was clearly visible. :P I would literally pay big money for that... Perhaps they ought to have a garage sale! I mean, worst-case-scenario, if Son of Beast is demolished, some here would pay a pretty penny for a car from it! And really, it's not like they could be re-sold, since they're specially designed for the ride's wider track...

Not entirely too surprised.. sometimes if you look hard enough evidence of HB existence still around.

And one could spend days spotting old Paramount stars throughout the park & parking lot...

Little pieces of the park's history are alive everywhere, and it's always fun to find them. I would love very much to visit the prop graveyard, or whatever the devil Kings Island calls it. Last time I saw a photo from above, the Tomb Raider: The Ride sign was clearly visible. :P I would literally pay big money for that... Perhaps they ought to have a garage sale! I mean, worst-case-scenario, if Son of Beast is demolished, some here would pay a pretty penny for a car from it! And really, it's not like they could be re-sold, since they're specially designed for the ride's wider track...

HA I love that ride so much id pay a pretty penny for a piece of wood from it, let alone a car...

Pic 1

Pic 2

The First Picture In pointing out the nick Sign only. The part you pointed out as reptar is Actually the logo for the sign. The sign was ripped in half. (I have two amazing pics I will upload soon.)

...Perhaps they ought to have a garage sale! I mean, worst-case-scenario, if Son of Beast is demolished, some here would pay a pretty penny for a car from it! And really, it's not like they could be re-sold, since they're specially designed for the ride's wider track...

Wrong answer. It is relatively easy to modify the gage of a coaster train. In fact, the Gerstlauers that ran on Son of Beast last originally ran on a coaster with relatively standard gage...the axles and carriages had to be modified to run on Son of Beast. It would not be all that difficult to re-modify them, or to modify the ones on the original trains to run elsewhere (though I cannot imagine why anyone would want to do the latter, being as those trains are so heavy and so less than comfortable for the riders, not to mention their unusual restraint system).

...Perhaps they ought to have a garage sale! I mean, worst-case-scenario, if Son of Beast is demolished, some here would pay a pretty penny for a car from it! And really, it's not like they could be re-sold, since they're specially designed for the ride's wider track...

Wrong answer. It is relatively easy to modify the gage of a coaster train. In fact, the Gerstlauers that ran on Son of Beast last originally ran on a coaster with relatively standard gage...the axles and carriages had to be modified to run on Son of Beast. It would not be all that difficult to re-modify them, or to modify the ones on the original trains to run elsewhere (though I cannot imagine why anyone would want to do the latter, being as those trains are so heavy and so less than comfortable for the riders, not to mention their unusual restraint system).

Aren't the trains on SOB the same style that was on Raging Wolf Bob's in 2007?

And having ridden a very Villianous coaster several times at the former Myrtle Beach Pavilion, sitting in the very same trains that eventually found their way to SOB, sometimes those changes can make a world of difference. While SOB was violent and thrashy, it wasn't nearly as painful as the Hurricane: Cat 5.

Aren't the trains on SOB the same style that was on Raging Wolf Bob's in 2007?

Exactly... RWB had 2 trains in its last few seasons... one of the G-Trains plucked off of the Villain, and another G-Train (though with the more traditionally-styled body shells) was purchased from the folks in Santa Clause, IN. That train had formerly run on The Legend.

• Like 1

Very nice find, I might have to fire up Google Earth and see if there is an update for it or what not because I love browsing on there and seeing what I can find. Like some people though, last I saw on Google Earth of KI, the Antique Cars were still there in my version.