Indoor Haunts open two hours early today

CoastersRZ

Direct from Kings Island`s Facebook page:

Indoor mazes for Halloween Haunt will open two hours early tonight at 5:00pm. Park hours are from noon until 1:00am. Halloween Haunt is included FREE with park admission. Get in today for just $27.99 when you buy your tickets in advance online at www.visitkingsisland.com.

I`m not sure if this change is just for today, Saturday, October 16th or will continue for the remaining two Saturdays. I do know that the park was extremely crowded last night, especially for a Friday night (Diamondback had about a forty five minute wait). It took me twenty minutes to get off of 71 north and finally park! Several years back (like in 2004 and 2005), several of the indoor haunts would actually open at 3pm on Saturdays. And I believe that several of Cedar Points indoor haunts open before 7pm as well.

Who cares bout the coasters? its Haunt XD All seriousness tho, I actually hope it does continue for the remainder of Haunt. May actually turn into something Haunt 2011, cause the last time this was attempted was 3pm for indoor mazes in FF. That only lasted 2003 and 2004 tho. (2005 for some reason is the one year I worked where my memory is actually clouded x_x so I dont remember)

They should realyl look into that one year. Novemeber really isn't a bitter cold month so people would still be willing to go outside. The park is going to packed no matter what in OCT. so if they expand the operating schedule into Nov. they could have the only haunts in the area open (not sure if that would work well though since its after halloween) and I think the park would have a good sized crowd there.

I remember going through Elvira's Superstition one year and I think it opened up around 5, I could be wrong though. I will be at the park for a little while tomorrow so I am hoping for short lines and small crowds because from what I have heard Sundays usually aren't too bad crowded.

Has anyone on here been through Wolf Pack??

Do you have to ask about Wolf Pack in all the threads? Start a fresh topic... or if you want to know about it that bad, go check it out for yourself? (sorry mods) Same question in multiple threads... and wanted to know why...

Like here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22868

I don't like the idea of opening two hours early...mainly because some indoor mazes aren't really indoor. When I went, for some reason Slaughterhouse opened at 6. There was a ton of light coming through, because there was a space between the walls and the roof. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

I don't like the idea of opening two hours early...mainly because some indoor mazes aren't really indoor. When I went, for some reason Slaughterhouse opened at 6. There was a ton of light coming through, because there was a space between the walls and the roof. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Its called Crowed Control my Friend ;).

Yes, it's a catch 22 on some of the haunts in terms of daylight. But because of building codes, you can only get so much throughput in an hour through these haunts. So opening earlier is a way to offer more guests to experience these haunts, even if some of them are in partial daylight conditions. Overall, I'd say it is a nice move on the part of the park to open these earlier.