Questions about $69.99 Gold Pass renewal

ebajane

For those of you who have been doing this longer than I have, maybe you can answer some questions for me...

1) How long is the $69.99 Gold Pass renewal price likely to last? I think I remember there being a deal like that in the spring of 2010, but I'm not sure. (We want to renew, but money is very tight right now.)

2) Is there any chance of the price going any lower over the summer or in the spring, or is this likely as low as it will get?

3) If someone buys a new Gold Pass with the free 2010 ticket, can they use it on the day of purchase?

4) Does anyone know the price of a Gold Pass for kids? They don't have any information about it online right now.

Thanks for the help!

As always, call the park for information...but:

1. The deal will probably last at least until the park closes for the season...but may end at any time. This page SAYS it ends Oct 31. It MAY be extended, and it may not be:

http://www.visitking...asses/index.cfm

2. ANY chance of it going lower? I suppose. Likely? No.

3. Your 2010 pass will get you in..., for those who do not have a 2010 pass, the 2011 pass gets them in ONE day in 2010. There is no free ticket for others to use as far as I know.

4. The $69.99 price is for ANY person, that includes the kid price...

I have renewed and have asked these questions and this is what I have been told:

This is the best deal they have. The price WILL go up after the 31st, they just don't know what to yet. So if you want to get a pass the best time to do it is now. If you buy a NEW pass you may get the free ticket you buy the pass, but again that is only for the NEW season pass holders. If you are a renewal you already have access to the park thus you won't need a free ticket for entrance. And Terp is correct with the 69.99 price - any person - age is no restriction (minus 2 and under).

I have renewed and have asked these questions and this is what I have been told:

This is the best deal they have. The price WILL go up after the 31st, they just don't know what to yet. So if you want to get a pass the best time to do it is now. If you buy a NEW pass you may get the free ticket you buy the pass, but again that is only for the NEW season pass holders. If you are a renewal you already have access to the park thus you won't need a free ticket for entrance. And Terp is correct with the 69.99 price - any person - age is no restriction (minus 2 and under).

NEW season passholders get A visit during 2010. If they use it, they use it. As far as I know, they can give it to grandma, but their 2011 season pass will not get them entry (unless it was a renewal, then there is no free ticket).

I renewed two weeks ago.

new 2011 pass purchases = free ticket

renewels = no free ticket.

New passes = getting to stand in that insanely long line outside the park to get your photo and pass card.

Renewels = going to any ticket booth including inside the park (NO LINES!!), scan your current pass, pay the money and your good to go for next year!

I was told that if I decide to upgrade to a platinum pass, I can do it next year only at KI and the $69.99 will apply toward the upgrade whatever the price is.

So is Kings Island still not selling Platinum Passes at the park? I know that they are not currently selling them online yet, just gold passes. I bought my Platinum Pass at Kings Island for 2011 already, but that was on a private company rental day, and as such, there were some discounts on pass prices.

I wonder why, if KI is not yet selling Platinum passes, why they are waiting to start selling them?

So is Kings Island still not selling Platinum Passes at the park? I know that they are not currently selling them online yet, just gold passes. I bought my Platinum Pass at Kings Island for 2011 already, but that was on a private company rental day, and as such, there were some discounts on pass prices.

I wonder why, if KI is not yet selling Platinum passes, why they are waiting to start selling them?

They are selling them - just not online. You have to ask for them, and go out of your way to get it. The renewal for the Platinum is $145 while the new Platinum is $150. You would think they would mention this somewhere...

They are selling them - just not online. You have to ask for them, and go out of your way to get it. The renewal for the Platinum is $145 while the new Platinum is $150. You would think they would mention this somewhere...

Can anyone verify that they are selling Platinum Passes now as stated above? I have not heard or seen this anywhere else... I found it so odd that Platinum passes were readily available a few weeks ago at Kings Dominion, but they seem to be really delaying them at Kings Island...

Call the park to confirm. I already renewed my Platinum Pass at Kings Island this year. But that was on a private company sell out day, when the park was closed to the general public. And the park was discounting the price of passes by about $20. A Gold Pass could be had on that day for $49.99 and a Platinum renewal could be had for $125.

KIC doenst sell Seasson passes but Kings Island Does.

And it would be nice if there was actual information about how to get Platinum passes, either at the Kings Island web site, on its Facebook page, or on KICentral. But unlike previous years, the sale of Platinum Passes seems vague and purposely not widely shared, and I find that to be really odd. Of course I called KI via phone and got the info I needed, but I wonder why Platinum Passes are so hush hush this fall online as far as KI is concerned. You can find out how to get them online at Kings Dominion's web site, Carowinds web site, and Cedar Point's but not Kings Island...

Just politely wondering why Kings Island is being treated differently...

Just politely wondering why Kings Island is being treated differently...

I'm guessing it has more to do with how Kings Island itself functions than with Kings Island being treated differently by others. When you look at recent history, Kings Island hasn't exactly been fast in sharing information relative to other parks (and for those that I'm sure will ask for examples):

• New name for Boo Blasters
  • Confirmation of Planet Snoopy and ride name announcement
  • WindSeeker announcement teasers/hype
  • Website update

The only thing we seem to get first are the higher food and beverage pricing :P