holy jam packed park, Batman!

I realize that this isn't the most substantial of topics, but I literally yelled "HOLY JESUS!" when I saw the webcams.. I couldn't let it go unshared. That is the most packed I have EVER seen CP.. I can almost bet that's a record crowd and that they are getting ready to utilize the overflow lots if they aren't already full.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm very thankful I'm not at CP right now. I feel for my friends who are working there today.

From what I witnessed today at Coney, which was anything but a typical day at Coney, it was ideal weather. Today Coney had four rides open from 8am to 2pm for the Cincinnati Walks for kids fundraiser for Cincinnati Children`s Hospital Medical Center. The four rides were the Giant Slide, Tilt A Whirl, Scream Machine and Carousel. I was the break person/manager for the day. I heard one guest comment how they waited forty five minutes for the Tilt A Whirl. And it did have a long line.

Even last night at Kings Island, the park was considerably packed for a Friday night. It took me twenty minutes to park my car from the moment I exited I-71. They were even parking cars from the traffic light at the Brant Connector (the normal traffic light for the Metro Park and ride, before arriving at the south tolls when approaching the park from the south. I have never seen them do that before. And even still, the traffic on that exit ramp was barreling onto the highway.

I heard one guest comment how they waited forty five minutes for the Tilt A Whirl.

yeesh.

This is why I try to avoid parks on Saturdays in October. Lines aren't just long, they aren't just ridiculous.. they're downright outrageous.

I have a friend who is on his way to CP right now. The crowd doesn't look like it's subsided in the least. I'm trying to get a hold of him to see what the wait times are.. I'm very curious.

Update from my friend who is at CP:

About an hour after he told me he was going, I got a text from him that simply said "Omg."

The line to buy tickets was a half hour wait.

Dragster's queue is completely full and the line is out of the queue all the way back to the loading station.

Happy Jack's Toy Factory (which is over by Space Spiral) has a line back to Ocean Motion.

For everyone who wasn't able to see the webcam earlier (and fyi, the crowd hasn't waned a bit), here are some screen shots.

DragsterCam

66909_10150275330790277_640870276_15135143_4214720_n.jpg

PagodaCam

69862_10150275344080277_640870276_15135457_3474009_n.jpg

That is impressive if the entire queue for the Red Raver was full. And in case anyone was wondering, Blue Racer is done for the year. The trains have ready been removed from the tracks for winter rehab.

Thanks! I actually was wondering, since there were stacks of trashcans in the station today.

Im not sure what is causing these things to happen. It's disheartening when you have to leave the park because its so crowded. A crowded park, and I mean VERY crowded

park is an UNFUN Park! And its outrageous for Kings Island and Cedar Point and any other park out there to do whatever they have to do to bring in as many people as possible.

It does NOT change their bottom line. People get mad and leave and no money is spent. I for one will NOT spend money on a day like that, just to prove a point to not allow

them to earn profit off me! When you have to walk elbow to elbow and wait for extended periods to ride rides that you normally would walk on and wait less than 5 minutes

for, that is JUST NOT RIGHT! Another reason I wish they'd quit the Halloween crap!

Im not sure what is causing these things to happen. It's disheartening when you have to leave the park because its so crowded. A crowded park, and I mean VERY crowded

park is an UNFUN Park! And its outrageous for Kings Island and Cedar Point and any other park out there to do whatever they have to do to bring in as many people as possible.

It does NOT change their bottom line. People get mad and leave and no money is spent. I for one will NOT spend money on a day like that, just to prove a point to not allow

them to earn profit off me! When you have to walk elbow to elbow and wait for extended periods to ride rides that you normally would walk on and wait less than 5 minutes

for, that is JUST NOT RIGHT! Another reason I wish they'd quit the Halloween crap!

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but it's really annoying when you post your "wanting Cedar Fair to stop Halloween Haunt" rants in a bunch of threads

Again, not trying to be mean or rude.

I am wondering what's triggering the attendance this year for all amusement parks. I heard Holiday World hit its highest attendance record for the whole year in their history. Cedar Point has 60,000 people in one night. Kings Island has been outrageously crowded the past several months. Wonder what's triggering it?

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but it's really annoying when you post your "wanting Cedar Fair to stop Halloween Haunt" rants in a bunch of threads

Again, not trying to be mean or rude.

This was only the 2nd time I brought it up. But, it wasn't a Haunt rant. It was an overall rant about how upset I was that the park was

over crowded again for the 3rd week in a row, when I expected differently. I didn't expect it to be totally dead, but I did NOT expect a

3rd week in a row of over crowdedness that we got today. And also, I just mentioned Halloween in passing. And to finish it, I meant it

for ALL Halloween everywhere. Not just Cedar Fair. That goes for Six Flags, and Universal, too!

Let's just say 2 people go per car... so 30,000 cars park. Again, we'll say a quarter of the people are season pass holders, so 22,500 cars that have to pay to park. $10 a parking spot, means $225,000 brought in from parking alone! (Same logic, at $45.99 ticket [online price], $2,695,500.) I think it's safe to say that Halloween is here to stay, and that Cedar Fair doesn't care how long you spend in the park... admission price is enough to help them along.

So, what's my point? It's simple Economics. I don't care how crowded the parks are, people are still going to go. Which means more money for Cedar Fair. Which means more new rides. Which means more lines for people to wait in... It's all relative. A 5 minute wait is not profitable. I, for one, am very happy to see these lines. More money for the park is always a good thing.

Edited by Hendrick

Let's just say 2 people go per car... so 30,000 cars park. Again, we'll say a quarter of the people are season pass holders, so 22,500 cars that have to pay to park. $10 a parking spot, means $225,000 brought in from parking alone! (Same logic, at $45.99 ticket [online price], $2,695,500.) I think it's safe to say that Halloween is here to stay, and that Cedar Fair doesn't care how long you spend in the park... admission price is enough to help them along.

So, what's my point? It's simple Economics. I don't care how crowded the parks are, people are still going to go. Which means more money for Cedar Fair. Which means more new rides. Which means more lines for people to wait in... It's all relative. A 5 minute wait is not profitable. I, for one, am very happy to see these lines. More money for the park is always a good thing.

But the Q is how much does it cost to open the park? I would be willing to bet it is more than 3,000,000 dollars. Also some people did not pay 45.99 for a ticket. They may of used one of many discounts to get in. Then throw in people who go in see that big of a crowd and turn around mad. Some may never return, some may tell their friends about their bad experience.

Not saying a crowd is not good for the park, it clearly is but we don't know all the factors to be able to definitely know how much profit CF is making.

They should "quit the Halloween crap" because too many people come to the park?!? Should Coca-Cola or Pepsi discoutinue selling their their products because too many people buy them? Should they ban Star Wars because too many people have watched it? Your sense of entitlement to an empty park with attractions designed to entertain you and you only is, to be quite frank, becoming annoying.

But the Q is how much does it cost to open the park? I would be willing to bet it is more than 3,000,000 dollars. Also some people did not pay 45.99 for a ticket. They may of used one of many discounts to get in. Then throw in people who go in see that big of a crowd and turn around mad. Some may never return, some may tell their friends about their bad experience.

Not saying a crowd is not good for the park, it clearly is but we don't know all the factors to be able to definitely know how much profit CF is making.

I know, but the cost of running the park is close to being the same, whether 10 people show up, or 60,000. I highly doubt the DAILY operating cost is more then $3,000,000 though. That means WindSeeker would be payed for by keeping the park closed just one day... And yes, not everyone payed 45.99. I just assumed that's what most people payed. Yes, some got a cheaper price, and I'm sure others payed a higher price at the gate.

I am wondering what's triggering the attendance this year for all amusement parks. I heard Holiday World hit its highest attendance record for the whole year in their history. Cedar Point has 60,000 people in one night. Kings Island has been outrageously crowded the past several months. Wonder what's triggering it?

Better weather for starters-last year was rainy and cool and downright miserable during October-I dont think the year before that was much better. People are tired of the gloom and doom of the economy, and they're ready for some fun. I really think thats a lot of it.

I know, but the cost of running the park is close to being the same, whether 10 people show up, or 60,000. I highly doubt the DAILY operating cost is more then $3,000,000 though. That means WindSeeker would be payed for by keeping the park closed just one day... And yes, not everyone payed 45.99. I just assumed that's what most people payed. Yes, some got a cheaper price, and I'm sure others payed a higher price at the gate.

Like I said I have no idea what it costs to run the park, nor will I ever probably, my thought is that between employee wages, inventory on food, souvenirs, etc, up keep, electricity, computers, and much more I'm sure. Maybe it would be less than the number i threw out. Maybe more. I would think more, but like I said I am not claiming I know, just my train of thought.

Why 3,000,000 dollars? It was close to the numbers you calculated added together.