holy jam packed park, Batman!

Im not sure what is causing these things to happen. It's disheartening when you have to leave the park because its so crowded. A crowded park, and I mean VERY crowded

park is an UNFUN Park! And its outrageous for Kings Island and Cedar Point and any other park out there to do whatever they have to do to bring in as many people as possible.

It does NOT change their bottom line. People get mad and leave and no money is spent. I for one will NOT spend money on a day like that, just to prove a point to not allow

them to earn profit off me! When you have to walk elbow to elbow and wait for extended periods to ride rides that you normally would walk on and wait less than 5 minutes

for, that is JUST NOT RIGHT! Another reason I wish they'd quit the Halloween crap!

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but it's really annoying when you post your "wanting Cedar Fair to stop Halloween Haunt" rants in a bunch of threads

Again, not trying to be mean or rude.

This was only the 2nd time I brought it up. But, it wasn't a Haunt rant. It was an overall rant about how upset I was that the park was

over crowded again for the 3rd week in a row, when I expected differently. I didn't expect it to be totally dead, but I did NOT expect a

3rd week in a row of over crowdedness that we got today. And also, I just mentioned Halloween in passing. And to finish it, I meant it

for ALL Halloween everywhere. Not just Cedar Fair. That goes for Six Flags, and Universal, too!

You're ridiculous, you're mad at the parks because they are attracting larger crowds than you expected? You want all the parks everywhere to cancel Halloween events just because you don't like them? You really just come off as a selfish person. Sorry not everything in the world is going to cater to your wants and interests. Welcome to life.

Guest rcfreak339

There HAS to be a limit to how many people can be in the park....60,000 seems to much. Even judging from those pictures I still don't see how 60,000 people were there.

I can, just think about TTD queue. It has a freaking long queue with several turnarounds. Then add th I e people to it down the midway. I would estimate 1000-2000 people in that line alone. Same with MF, but if memory is correct MF also has a bunch of turn arounds and are longer, so I will say 2000-3000 in that line. So in just the 2 lines we see around 3000-5000 people alone. Not including the midway which is jam packed.

Then look at the full parking lot, very few of those cars came with only a driver in them. More than likely most came with 2-4 people in them. That adds up as well.

I found some info that might be interesting to some who are trying to crunch numbers on here. The original parking lot was going to have 4500 spaces in 1972, by the end of 1974 the spaces totaled 5800 in all. Today I think my numbers are accurate, (at least with in a couple of hundred) they are: 5600 general that includes premium and gold, 70 bus, 125 handicap, and 2500 over flow (water park over flow and park and ride). Employee parking is around 650 with another 60 for handicap. Grand total equals: 9005. A good way to quickly calculate this is to remember you can fit about 40 cars in a 100ft x 100ft area of parking. (lets see how many people get on google maps and see how close I am)

They should "quit the Halloween crap" because too many people come to the park?!? Should Coca-Cola or Pepsi discontinue selling their their products because too many people buy them? Should they ban Star Wars because too many people have watched it? Your sense of entitlement to an empty park with attractions designed to entertain you and you only is, to be quite frank, becoming annoying.

You're ridiculous, you're mad at the parks because they are attracting larger crowds than you expected? You want all the parks everywhere to cancel Halloween events just because you don't like them? You really just come off as a selfish person. Sorry not everything in the world is going to cater to your wants and interests. Welcome to life.

Well said.

Cody, as far as you not being sure if the 60,000 number is true, that number came to me straight from a 3 year employee of Cedar Point who was working an open to close at the park yesterday.

RaptorGuy, you need to understand that days like this are good for the park. HalloWeekends Saturdays are THE most crowded days of CP's operating season. Huge crowds equal huge amounts of revenue for the park. If I remember correctly, this country was in a recession not too long ago. It makes me happy to see that Cedar Fair's flagship park is raking in near record attendance numbers despite the economy's slow upward climb.

I choose to stay home instead of going to parks on Saturdays. I'm claustrophobic so large, chaotic crowds like that make me nervous. I just go the next day when the waits are half an hour or less.

My point is that instead of making several rant posts, it may be easier to find a solution. Events like HalloWeekends and Halloween Haunt are here to stay.

In Kings Island last Saturday, the 9th, there were 40,000 plus people there. I could not imagine walking around in a park with 60,000 on hand. That many people almost brings the park down to a level of not being fun anymore, however, I enjoy Kings Island or Cedar Point no matter what the crowds because honestly, it's not about the rides you get to ride or not ride, it's about who you are with and the memories you make. Last week I waited an hour and fifteen minutes for Drop Tower, I could have by passed it because of the long line, sure, but my mentality is this, you are going to have to wait in line no matter where you go, so why not wait for something you love to ride. Business is business and the parks love and live for these type days where big crowds are brought out to enjoy the park. We cannot sit here and point fingers at them and say, "You only come because of Haunt! Do you even like riding the coasters?" Sometimes it can be hard in a big environment with a lot of people to have fun, but when your at an amusement park, make the best out of a bad situation. I even some times look at it this way, how many people back home that love Kings Island can say they have been here on a day like today, I waited through all the turnstials on The Beast and it was still out onto the midway, but you know what, it was one of the best rides I have ever had on that coaster. Bottom line is, enjoy it, no matter the crowds, because when off-season hits us, you will be wishing you had days to still go to the park. (Jasper, steps down off of soap box.)

Just speaking for myself, I really don't mind crowds. I ignore what people say about how long line waits are and wait in the lines anyway and find that the wait is much shorter than people are saying. As I have said in previous posts, I find that most stated line waits are hearsay. The only way to find out for sure the wait is to actually wait in the line yourself. Also, I just enjoy people watching.

I have to agree that after poor park attendance in recent years because of the poor economy, the crowds are welcome. KI to me is as essential to Cincinnati as the Reds. A near empty park is a nice dream but the reality is you need crowds for the survival and flourishing of a park. People take for granted the existance of KI. However, remember what almost happened to CP in the late 50's because of poor attendance. It almost became a housing development.

And sadly, I never visited that park. Too bad Coney couldn`t relocated more of its rides to Coney. As it stands, two rides that currently operate at Coney came from said park (Tempest and Rock O Planes). And one ride (Tilt A Whirl) came from its defunct neighbor, Fantasy Farm.

And I actually remember reading somewhere that Kings Island`s parking lot has nearly 11,000 parking spaces.

Yes I went to Kings Island yesterday. Yes it was packed. Yes people parked in the field. And yes, wolf packs line was three hours. But honestly, even if I barely got on anytging, at least I got to see Adam and Gabe. The entire trip was worth it for me because I got to hang out w friends my last day in Ohio.

...I find that most stated line waits are hearsay. The only way to find out for sure the wait is to actually wait in the line yourself.

That is very true. The line for DB was going past the buffet last night and people were saying the wait was 3 hours, it only took 1. Waiting for FOF, the sign was at 2 hours and the attendant said the wait from her point was 1 hour 45 minutes. Wrong, it took just a little over an hour.

Yes I went to Kings Island yesterday. Yes it was packed. Yes people parked in the field. And yes, wolf packs line was three hours. But honestly, even if I barely got on anytging, at least I got to see Adam and Gabe. The entire trip was worth it for me because I got to hang out w friends my last day in Ohio.

That's just sad when the line for a haunted house in the station of an SBNO coaster is longer than the line for the SBNO coaster itself. :lol: As many times as I've ridden Sonny (I started riding in '04), I've never waited more than an hour and not been in more than one switchback.

.....I wonder how much it would cost to buy back Lesourdsville Lake from the Couch....

Confirmed this morning that CP had a crowd of over 64,000 guests yesterday.

As far as people being unsure of the fact that I posted that MF had a legit 4 hour wait, I received this information from 3 separate employees that were working an open to close at CP yesterday.

Also got two texts earlier this morning from 2 ride ops telling me they were just clocking out.. at 2:30 am.

And I actually remember reading somewhere that Kings Island`s parking lot has nearly 11,000 parking spaces.

Do you remember where you read that? I can't seem to remember where I got my info from so I was curious if it was the same place. If you use Bing maps and measure the lot, and you use the 40 per 100ft sq it comes out a little over 9000. If you use Google maps, it will come out a little higher than that. Either way, I do not see them being able to fit more than 10,000 total including employee unless they include the grass beyond park and ride, of which they have used before. Another note, 40 per 100ft sq (corrected as per Terpy). is tight, most shopping malls use 30 per 100ft sq (corrected as per Terpy). I will keep looking to see where my info came from.

We went south this past weekend. On Friday night we went to Lake Winnie which had a nice size crowd, but since it is a smaller park there was only a short wait for everything. (loved Cannonball). SFOG on Saturday started out great with little to no waits before noon that grew to moderate waits then to full queues by 5 PM. Sunday at Carowinds was empty. I think there were as many cars in the Black & Decker outlet parking lot as there were in the CW main lot. The season pass lot was full though. Rerides on Afterburn were easy to come by.

All & all, I was glad to not be in Ohio this past weekend.

The madness that was Saturday, all the cars in the main lot are guest. Only a few employees were allowed to park on the peninsula, screamsters being some of the lucky ones. We were parked in Millennium Force lot and had to hike back. To keep us out of traffic they gave us a pizza party (Terpy I agree the new stuff is horrible). When I got to my car at 1:50 am the traffic finally cleared, until the next morning when all the resort guest were leaving. The biggest mess was on the Oceana Midway where Disaster, Twister, Maxair, Giant Wheel, Troika, and Toy Factory lines were intertwining with each other.

In Kings Island last Saturday, the 9th, there were 40,000 plus people there. I could not imagine walking around in a park with 60,000 on hand. That many people almost brings the park down to a level of not being fun anymore, however, I enjoy Kings Island or Cedar Point no matter what the crowds because honestly, it's not about the rides you get to ride or not ride, it's about who you are with and the memories you make. Last week I waited an hour and fifteen minutes for Drop Tower, I could have by passed it because of the long line, sure, but my mentality is this, you are going to have to wait in line no matter where you go, so why not wait for something you love to ride. Business is business and the parks love and live for these type days where big crowds are brought out to enjoy the park. We cannot sit here and point fingers at them and say, "You only come because of Haunt! Do you even like riding the coasters?" Sometimes it can be hard in a big environment with a lot of people to have fun, but when your at an amusement park, make the best out of a bad situation. I even some times look at it this way, how many people back home that love Kings Island can say they have been here on a day like today, I waited through all the turnstials on The Beast and it was still out onto the midway, but you know what, it was one of the best rides I have ever had on that coaster. Bottom line is, enjoy it, no matter the crowds, because when off-season hits us, you will be wishing you had days to still go to the park. (Jasper, steps down off of soap box.)

It's days like the 9th that make days like the 17th so amazing...

As it stands, two rides that currently operate at Coney came from said park (Tempest and Rock O Planes).

I thought that I read somewhere that Super Roundup came from LL too, where it was called Electric Rainbow?

The Super Round Up at Coney has been operating there since 1993. The Electric Rainbow from LeSourdsville Lake was actually relocated to Stricker`s Grove. Both models are a 42 person Super Round Up. Now the Tilt A Whirl at Coney came from LL`s neighbor: Fantasy Farm.