WindSeeker Website

HTCO

Some constructive criticism:

1. Your email link on the home page is broken. For a correct direct email link, you need to prefix the email address in the "href" attribute with "mailto:", so it looks something like this:
    <a href="mailto:username@isp.net">Contact me</a>

However, that opens up your email address to spammers. I recommend instead hiding the email address behind a CAPTCHA (those type-what-you-see-in-the-picture things) by using the free reCAPTCHA Mailhide tool.

2. In the original post above, you linked to the site with the words "Click Me". That's generally considered bad form for the reasons laid out in the Wikipedia article on "Click here". I know that's not technically criticism of the site itself, but I just want to make sure you're aware of that for the future.

Otherwise, I like it! Keep us updated on it. :)

Alright I went in today in class and worked on it the last 10 minutes of class. I finished the information page, but for some reason my image is broken. I'll have to check that out tomorrow. Also, jcgoble3 I think I fixed what you said I should do about the Contact Me link. As for the click me I really don't care :D . Thanks for all the suggestions and keep them coming!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah sorry about that everyone. I had to replace the WindSeeker domain with my exam website for a bit. I'm working on getting a free domain for now. If anyone can suggest a good free web hosting site where I can just transfer my files using a FTP protocol please share. In the mean time the site is down.

Yeah sorry about that everyone. I had to replace the WindSeeker domain with my exam website for a bit. I'm working on getting a free domain for now. If anyone can suggest a good free web hosting site where I can just transfer my files using a FTP protocol please share. In the mean time the site is down.

Not sure if this can help ya or not, but Our Sunday School class at Church uses a Free Website host named Weebly. Check into it. Thanks!!

www.weebly.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few words about the comments you posted below the segments of the ride outside the manufacturing plant. First, as others have mentioned, use spell checker! You spelled appears wrong! And yes, spelling is a big deal. I went on an interview for a co-op position once. I had THREE spelling errors on my online portfolio website (they were typos, and three scattered over about thirty pages). But my interviewer informed me of those typos... Needless to say, after that interview, I ALWAYS spell check things. (I ultimately did not end up taking a position at that firm).

Secondly, the portion you mention about us being 'not too far behind Cedar Point.' Our ride foundation was actually poured BEFORE Cedar Points. Not to mention Cedar Point opens two full weeks behind Kings Island. Which is roughly the time difference between the pours of the ride foundation at Kings Island and Cedar Point.

I write these paragraphs in probably less than 2 minutes. Because I have a life and need to attend to it. I appreciate the help with all the 'legal' issues with the photos and all. But the constant reminder of spelling errors is getting old. I'm aware of them, and honestly will fix them when I have the time. I'm a sophomore in high school for crying out loud. This site is NOT professional in anyway shape or form. Its a personal website I make for you guys so when this thing is all said and done you can look back on the progress.(I mean come on, its on a free domain host).

I wasn`t trying to criticize you HTCO, just offering friendly words of advice. (Advice that could be well served, as had someone told me to check all my spelling, I could have very well landed a different co-op job). Yes, you are still a youngin`. And at least you are prepared to learn and take on new ambitions like building a website. I know how life can get busy. Just wait until after you are done with college and have a full time job.