Carnevil Glasses

hamoperator

They are DEFINITELY charging $1 for 3D glasses now. If they were FREE to start with, they should be FREE now! Thank Goodness I kept my FREE ones! I just reused them

over and over. It's sort of misleading to say Halloween Haunt is included with park admission, and then you charge $1 for one of the attractions! That's ok, just gives me one

more thing to check off on why I hate Haunt and wish it GONE!

What most people were doing Friday Night is once they exited, handed them to people near the front. It worked really well and the person working the front didn't seem to care. I would say half the people were getting glasses then passing them on when they were done.

PS: They don't add that much to the maze, they are better than nothing but I wouldn't say its a must have.

They are DEFINITELY charging $1 for 3D glasses now. If they were FREE to start with, they should be FREE now! Thank Goodness I kept my FREE ones! I just reused them

over and over. It's sort of misleading to say Halloween Haunt is included with park admission, and then you charge $1 for one of the attractions! That's ok, just gives me one

And yet, apparently, you still go.....

Nobody is forcing you to buy them. If you don't like haunt, STOP GOING. nobody needs to hear your constant complaining about something you can easily avoid.

Didn't think they would start charging so late in the run. Figured they would've done that from the very beginning. Do they force people to wear them in order to go through the maze, kinda like how they force people to get their picture taken at the end of Urgent Scare?

No, its completely optional. They didn't even add much to the maze. They charge for 3d glasses on boo blasters, are you going to stop going on days that is open too?

The 3D glasses absolutely adds ZERO value to Boo Blasters. That ride is bad enough, so why anyone would want to try to make it better with 3D glasses is beyond me.

There is nowhere in the ride that even suggests a 3D effect would be great. Maybe the misty video effect towards the end, when it works?

On the other hand, Carnevil is totally painted in 3D paint. The best part where the 3D effects come in is in the spinning tunnel. That makes it even more

dizzyfying (If that's a word!) And the glowing bubbles, you can see better when they hit you with the 3D glasses. Anyway, I will keep my FREE ones for

future attractions where they use them and decide to charge for them!

...Anyway, I will keep my FREE ones for

future attractions where they use them and decide to charge for them!

Which may very well be why they are now charging for them. The park cannot afford to replace all those glasses every time AND pay off the monstrous debt incurred in acquiring Paramount Parks and pay the executive salaries, park operating costs, etc. Since most of those costs are not optional, glasses will apparently cost money. And so it goes...

I can not believe all of you who say that "3D Glasses" don't add to the Carn*Evil special effects. You must be blind! The glassed are 99% of what makes this a GREAT ATTRACTION!

And for them charging for glasses, if they start off FREE then they should be FREE the entire night. I "usually" carry my "fannypak" and use my recycled glasses every year. BUT last night I didn't have them and had to pay because IT WAS WORTH IT.

I have thrown huge Halloween Parties in the past and spending and entire summer designing and building a Haunted House for my guests. I've investigated how much these glasses are to possibly re-design my Haunt, I couldn't possibly pay for the small quantity of about 200 glasses. It came out back then to about $2.00 a pair. I know that, like anything in life, the more you buy the less you pay. But, I didn't need 100,000 pairs of glasses to get it down to $.40. Here is a website and you can use your glasses to check out the free demos. http://www.chromatek.com/

I can not believe all of you who say that "3D Glasses" don't add to the Carn*Evil special effects. You must be blind! The glassed are 99% of what makes this a GREAT ATTRACTION!

And for them charging for glasses, if they start off FREE then they should be FREE the entire night. I "usually" carry my "fannypak" and use my recycled glasses every year. BUT last night I didn't have them and had to pay because IT WAS WORTH IT.

I have thrown huge Halloween Parties in the past and spending and entire summer designing and building a Haunted House for my guests. I've investigated how much these glasses are to possibly re-design my Haunt, I couldn't possibly pay for the small quantity of about 200 glasses. It came out back then to about $2.00 a pair. I know that, like anything in life, the more you buy the less you pay. But, I didn't need 100,000 pairs of glasses to get it down to $.40. Here is a website and you can use your glasses to check out the free demos. http://www.chromatek.com/

I agree with PKISecurity here. The 3D effects with the glasses (which glasses is a funny term since they're really paper!) makes the attraction! Maybe it would have been more financially doable if

they would have bought 3D specs like the ones used in Spongebob and just recycled them every so often. Then you would have to turn them in at the end. OR, since Spongebob is closed during

Haunt, why not just use THOSE??? There's an idea for you. Anyone think that might be something to consider?

By the way, I need to clarify an earlier comment. I said something to the effect about Boo Blasters being a bad ride. I did NOT mean it was bad as in it stinks, I meant bad as in

good like we used to say in the 1970's. I think the ride is a good ride, I just don't think 3D specs would enhance it at all. Everything is 3D in there without 3D specs. I think its a rip

off to buy the specs for that ride. I am not sure how many really think they add to THAT particular attraction.

I agree with PKISecurity here. The 3D effects with the glasses (which glasses is a funny term since they're really paper!) makes the attraction! Maybe it would have been more financially doable if

they would have bought 3D specs like the ones used in Spongebob and just recycled them every so often. Then you would have to turn them in at the end. OR, since Spongebob is closed during

Haunt, why not just use THOSE??? There's an idea for you. Anyone think that might be something to consider?

By the way, I need to clarify an earlier comment. I said something to the effect about Boo Blasters being a bad ride. I did NOT mean it was bad as in it stinks, I meant bad as in

good like we used to say in the 1970's. I think the ride is a good ride, I just don't think 3D specs would enhance it at all. Everything is 3D in there without 3D specs. I think its a rip

off to buy the specs for that ride. I am not sure how many really think they add to THAT particular attraction.

What we need to be specific about here is what the "3D" glasses really are. To define they are: 3D ChromaDepth® glasses htat creates striking 3D images from normal 2D images by pulling forward the color red to the foreground and sorting the remaining colors according to their position in the rainbow.

So, If you ever look at Boo Blasters or CarnEvil, colors of paint are laid out on top of one another in an effect that brings RED COLORSS closer to your EYES and pushing back BLUES/VIOLETS further away giving you a perception of "Depth". So, these glasses play an important part in the Maze AND Boo Blasters. Without it...you're staring and a wall with colors in a basic/weird pattern that would ONLY manke sense if you were wearing the 3D glasses.