HH Photos

CoasterKrazy

For those of you who have yet to visit Halloween Haunt this year, along with the normal photos being taken at the front gate, there was a setup in line for Wolf Pack where groups had their picture taken in front of a backdrop of corn stalks. Normally, I avoid the front-gaters like the plague, but I wasn't given a choice in SOB's old queue (which I did not mind at all for some reason...), so my group and I enjoyed having a few shots taken.

Since I haven't had a non-on-ride photo taken at the park for years, I didn't realize you are now able to view your photos online when you get home. This is a perk I had experienced at Disney, and the fact that I could purchase the photos at home over the internet encouraged me to buy them, which I definitely would not do at the park. If this were done with ORPs as well, I would be much more inclined to purchase those.

Anyway, while they've probably been doing this for quite some time (see below*), kudos to Kings Island for making it easier for me to give them my money, and more importantly, remember my great time with friends at the park!

*The website where I bought my two pictures still bears the Paramount Parks emblem

Since I haven't had a non-on-ride photo taken at the park for years, I didn't realize you are now able to view your photos online when you get home.

I always get pirctures taken of me at the front gate and a piece of paper shoved into my hand. Ive never found a way to evade the photographers.

And yet, I've never been hounded (and yes, that is the perfect word for it in my opinion) to have a photo taken at any park owned by Busch, Universal, or Disney. There are photographers, sure, and if you display an interest or give them that look like "Should I, or shouldn't I?" then they do approach you and ask if you'd like a picture (and they'll gladly take it with your own camera, too). Only at Cedar Fair parks does there literally seem to be an entire division of seasonal workers dedicated to front gate photos. And the way they flock to you, I imagine they must be getting commission! And the thing that gets me is, if you say yes just to shut them up, they just stop you where you're standing and start clicking! The International Restaurant in the background, or the Keyhole photo... At least angle us toward the Eiffel Tower!

Why is it that I imagine, on Mr. Kinzel's first professional tour of Kings Island when considering the Paramount Parks purchase, he saw the fountains and the Eiffel Tower in the backdrop and absolutely got dollar signs in his eyes imagining all the family photos people would want. Instead, it's almost dreadful to enter the park for the first half of the day because you know you're going to be glommed onto by like, five or six photographers.