Just How Scary is Halloween Haunt?

Whales_Rock

I'll be going tomorrow and just to say, I am completely terrified. I'm not quite sure what to expect, because those creepy actors really do scare me like, A LOT...

So just how creepy is it? No mazes or anything just walking around? And how crowded would you think it would be tomorrow?

I'll be going tomorrow and just to say, I am completely terrified. I'm not quite sure what to expect, because those creepy actors really do scare me like, A LOT...

So just how creepy is it? No mazes or anything just walking around? And how crowded would you think it would be tomorrow?

It puts me on edge. Especially walking into the park, you're faced with a ton of monsters that are, for the most part, unavoidable. There are also a few characters roaming around, but I've only ever seen one by Invertigo, and one by the Wings Diner or whatever it's called today. Even then, though, it's somewhat stressful because all of the fog and strange lighting has you believing anyone could be a monster. Everyone who walks in your direction is a potential "creature" and it keeps me, for one, pretty antsy haha.

And it will be PACKED tomorrow. Saturdays always are. Weather may make it a little more, or a little less, but it's the Saturday before Halloween - it will be crowded.

Getting into the park, you face a wall of scare actors that can be pretty edgy, but after that, it's not too bad if you stay out of the Haunts (I.E. - Urgent Scare, Club Blood, etc.) and avoid the fog.

Hard to avoid the fog in some areas, although I enjoy the fog. I don't feel the fog is any thicker than past years as others have said.

Getting into the park, you face a wall of scare actors that can be pretty edgy, but after that, it's not too bad if you stay out of the Haunts (I.E. - Urgent Scare, Club Blood, etc.) and avoid the fog.

Ok thats good to know.

And too bad it'll be packed tomorrow :( I wanted to go on Sunday but the person who I'm going with wanted to go tomorrow. We'll be getting there early so hopefully it won't be too crowded to early...

The park will most likely be packed like crazy tomorrow, a group us will be there all day regardless. If you are wanting to go to do some of the haunts/mazes, the aren't open on Sunday anyways.

As for scare factor, if you are a jumpy person and easily scared, you will be on edge. None of it bothered me however and I spent my time laughing at all the scaredy cats, lol. Last saturday though we only saw characters walking near Urgent Scare/Vortex and by Invertigo. Aside from that they were no where to be seen.

Did I mention the park will be packed?

Guest PizzaBaby027

Let me just say about the fog that on a clear night cold night the fog is so dense that you can't even and it is everywhere including the bathrooms, a week or so ago their was so much it erupted into the restrooms and fog was coming from the inside! In the stores, so much, I LOVE IT!!! :)

Scary????? entertaining, but far from scary. we need paramount back to show how it's done.

Less of Paramount and more of just people in general that actually know how to scare and what actually scares people.

A few years ago there were tons of actors that knew the ins and outs and knew what got under peoples' skins to get them scared like no other.

This Haunt season, however, is an absolute joke with the lack of monsters in the attractions and the lack of enthusiasm from the majority of said monsters to warrant going through the mazes. Save for a small batch of monsters/mazes, I was severely let down with this year's event, and even more upset at the fact that the majority of time and energy went towards getting the Half-Pint Brawlers to come to KI (the commercials have been redone, removing the simple mention of Wolf Pack's name and focusing solely on HPB).

Maybe we ought to actually go back further than Paramount, and give the event back to WEBN, like the first three years of FearFest.

...oh wait, I forgot, we can't mention FearFest here; everything up until 2007 didn't exist according to the park.

I agree with you, RingMaster, as to Paramount and entertainment. Remember, entertainment has actually improved under Cedar Fair, which says a lot more about Paramount's mostly feeble attempts at entertainment than it does about Cedar Fair, sadly. Oddly, I found the shows at the last Winterfest, under CBS, to far exceed most of those Paramount offered, and this was with a very constrained budget and the near certain knowledge than a sell-out was coming (of the company, sadly not of tickets for Winterfest, which CBS had so much confidence in that they at first required specific date, advance sales tickets).

One thing that might scare you is behind the Eiffel Tower. There is heavy fog, and people chase after you. Another kind of creepy thing is when you're near mazes all you are is screaming. But, it's not "scary". People just jump out at you, but for some reason it's hilarious and addicting!

Scary????? entertaining, but far from scary. we need paramount back to show how it's done.

Less of Paramount and more of just people in general that actually know how to scare and what actually scares people.

A few years ago there were tons of actors that knew the ins and outs and knew what got under peoples' skins to get them scared like no other.

This Haunt season, however, is an absolute joke with the lack of monsters in the attractions and the lack of enthusiasm from the majority of said monsters to warrant going through the mazes. Save for a small batch of monsters/mazes, I was severely let down with this year's event, and even more upset at the fact that the majority of time and energy went towards getting the Half-Pint Brawlers to come to KI (the commercials have been redone, removing the simple mention of Wolf Pack's name and focusing solely on HPB).

Maybe we ought to actually go back further than Paramount, and give the event back to WEBN, like the first three years of FearFest.

...oh wait, I forgot, we can't mention FearFest here; everything up until 2007 didn't exist according to the park.

I have to say Fear Fest or Halloween Haunt as they call it really has gone down hill this year. I swear I only saw 3 or 4 monsters in the Cemetary Drive and Probably only 6 or 7 in Death Row. Also, it seems like there are only 20 monsters walking around the park. I rarely see one anymore. What happened??? When I went on Tombstone Terror-Tory in '08. I jumped SO many times. it was really good. But now it's just 'eh. When I went to FearFest in '06 it was PERFECT scary. The Cornstalker maze was really good. And there was monsters everywhere you go!!! And I like how they put the KC trains and the old SOB trains outside the entrance with skelotons in them. I asked again, what happened to the top notch halloween event we used to have?

I was at Kings Island all day yesterday and I would have to say the only thing that scared me is the actor's ability to blow your eardrums.

*SPOLIERS*

Who in the world would allow a car to be placed inside of a small room where the horn can be blown into peoples ears? That p***ed me off more than it scared anyone that day. I may be one of the only young adults who takes his hearing seriously, so there were many times when I had to keep my hands over my ears.

There was a total lack of actors in every area of haunt, park included. What really ruined my immersion was the fact that the actors didn't take scaring seriously. On a few occassions they would break character and talk to eachother.

On a better note the fog and effects were really cool. The Beast was simply amazing, and I've never really been a big fan of the wooden ride. Overall I think the bad and good were evened out. It wasn't too terribad for park employees who only scare people for a short season.

I have to say Fear Fest or Halloween Haunt as they call it really has gone down hill this year. I swear I only saw 3 or 4 monsters in the Cemetary Drive and Probably only 6 or 7 in Death Row. Also, it seems like there are only 20 monsters walking around the park. I rarely see one anymore. What happened??? When I went on Tombstone Terror-Tory in '08. I jumped SO many times. it was really good. But now it's just 'eh. When I went to FearFest in '06 it was PERFECT scary. The Cornstalker maze was really good. And there was monsters everywhere you go!!! And I like how they put the KC trains and the old SOB trains outside the entrance with skelotons in them. I asked again, what happened to the top notch halloween event we used to have?

Many have postulated that much of the budget went to seeing midgets bleed...or sumthin'.

I haven 't been, nor am I going to. You see, I don't want to see a midget bleed and many here have advised me not to go. I also greatly value my hearing.