Late Holiday World 2010 PTR

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339

A couple weeks ago my friend Jordan Hill (beastfan26) submitted a rap video for a Holiday World Facebook contest, he went in the top 4 and for doing so received 2 free tickets. So both me and him decided to take a little trip up there for the day.

img0848gf.jpg

You know a Trip Report will be good if the first photo is a picture of a little dog you found at McDonalds.

img0853m.jpg

Whats that I see creeping over the Indiana hills?

img0854i.jpg

OBABY

img0863v.jpg

Hay, It's Raven and it's exactly what I'm carvin

img0866k.jpg

Jordan: "Hay Pat, I made that rap video you liked so much!"

Pat: "Well normally I hate it."

img0868z.jpg

Me and Pat Koch, really she is awesome. You can see her everyday greeting guests as they leave and enter the park.

img0876w.jpg

Holiday World is simply a beautiful park and the themed areas really fit in. Unlike most chain wide parks Holiday world takes care of all 3 of the big things a park should have. Good rides, Awesome guest services and is simply gorgeous.

img0878u.jpg

img0887o.jpg

First stop of the day was Raven, Holiday Worlds first major roller coaster.

img0890q.jpg

I love the look of Ravens station, fits in well.

img0898c.jpg

I really love Raven, it's simply a great wooden coaster that deserves every bit of the reputation it has of being one of the best.

img0909yz.jpg

Legend, you know. Doin it's thang.

img0911t.jpg

img0925u.jpg

The Hallow Swings were added a few years back and was a great new addition to the Halloween area.

img0935cq.jpg

Just looking at Voyage would make anyones jaw drop, and for this being my first visit since Voyage's opening year I was very excited.

img0942b.jpg

The entire park was empty, exactly the way we all like it!

img0945f.jpg

Just like Raven and Legend, Voyage is one sexy coaster.

img0956xk.jpg

Timberliners! Hopefully these trains make the Voayge a lot more enjoyable then it currently is.

nez5nr.jpg

As much as I hate to say it I must groan now. When I rode Voyage in 2006 I remember it being fast, smooth as glass, full of air time and just one hell of a ride that has been in my top 10 since. But now, other then the front row Voyage imo isn't that great of a coaster. A good one sure but not the Voyage I rode in 2006, the front row is still incredible but it has sadly moved out of my top 10 and to be honest now rates both Raven and Legend above. I hope and think the Timberliners will solve the problem.

img0972zi.jpg

This one will have to wait until next time....awwww.

img0980ov.jpg

Only my 2nd flyer experince and meh...they weren't horrible.

img0992d.jpg

I LOVE Holiday Worlds kids area, even both me and Jordan (both 16) ran around in it for a while.

img1007s.jpg

YES WE GOT THE HOWLER CREDITZZZZZZZZZ

img1061r.jpg

Voyage towers over everything.

More photos in a few!! (Possibly tomorrow...it's 4:30 am)

Well, your explanation of Voyage was summed up in your photo of the Timberliner train and seeing the blue PTC train parked next to it on the storage track. The red train, though "modified" to fit and run "properly" on Voyage's track does anything BUT run properly on that track. The ride is still just as good with the blue PTC, which is why I would reverse line jump intentionally to avoid the red train and all of its jackhammering "goodness".

Guest rcfreak339

Heres some more!

img1085z.jpg

Legend has an awesome first drop in my opinion....one of the best.

img1095y.jpg

The Hills, The Speed, The 90 degrees!!!

img1101k.jpg

Lake Charles Guy!!!

img1131pt.jpg

img1133h.jpg

We rode everything in the park in under 4 hours...it was an incredible day crowd wise.

img1184da.jpg

So it's raining, and it's almost 40 degrees. Yeah cool idea Jordan.

img1194s.jpg

img1203h.jpg

Legends lift isn't very tall, but it's built on a hill so it seems taller then it really is. Great ride!

img1240t.jpg

Best seat in the house!

33cvngy.png

Jordan...why do you look so mad? That kinda of food (if they had any) at either a Six Flags or Cedar Far park would have cost you around 15 bucks not including the drink.

img1272a.jpg

And if the Log Flume wasn't bad enough...

More pictures in a sec!

Guest rcfreak339

keeuy1.jpg

Plunge was very fun, the weather was bad for it but you really didn't get that wet. We rode it a couple times without getting off. 3RD ROOOOW.

img1289fh.jpg

Voyage again is huge! Still very disappointed with it's performance, I think having the Timberliners on would make it 39485940039x better.

img1307q.jpg

I really like this picture, Voyage is very photogentic.

img1327ql.jpg

I love the way Legend goes below and over the log flume, they put great thought into this coaster when thinking of the layout.

img1330m.jpg

qs9xlt.png

The Legend logo is awesome, and I really love this shot. It's like one you would find in a commercial.

img1338u.jpg

Empty stations....yum.

img1354x.jpg

img1382ww.jpg

img1390qo.jpg

Sun finally came out, most of the day it was rainy and cold but near the end brightened up.

img1397ex.jpg

The best S&S powershot Iv'e been on, its VERY intense for it's small size.

img1401nj.jpg

img1428w.jpg

img1451o.jpg

Me and Jordan ended having to sprint to go get the last train on Voyage, great success!

img1475i.jpg

Although the park was empty, Jesus was there...yay!

img1477w.jpg

Cold, crisp evening.

img1480f.jpg

Well, that just about wraps it up! It was a really awesome trip that couldn't have been better! Thanks for reading!

So until next time...I bid you all. PEACE.