In The Beast House, Why do they close the last car off to riders during close?

PKISecurity

I was in line for the last ride at night on The Beast Saturday Night at 12:45am. It was a FULL STATION and last seat/car rides were being offered when I arrived at the back of the Station. When I made it up to the last lane in the Queue Line, (I didn't think to take a picture) the line for the last car was blocked off with red straps attached to a trash can. When I asked a ride op what's up, I was informed that it helps speed up the queue line to empty out The Beast House. Now, if my math is correct, taking away 6 seats at 3 trains equals 18 riders less a cycle. MarkHudson17 was in line with me to witness that statement. How does that speed up the process. THE WHOLE FUN OF RIDING The Beast AT NIGHT IS TAKING THE LAST SEAT OF THE TRAIN AND WE'RE BEING DENIED THAT. WHY?????

My suspicion would be that one of the trains had a restraint problem with that car, and it was easier to block off all three rows for that part of the station. Just because a ride op says something is true doesn't necessarily make it so (and in at least some cases, ride ops are not even told the reason that management/maintenance does something).

You are clearly correct in that fewer available seats does NOT increase capacity. What a hoot!

My suspicion would be that one of the trains had a restraint problem with that car, and it was easier to block off all three rows for that part of the station. Just because a ride op says something is true doesn't necessarily make it so (and in at least some cases, ride ops are not even told the reason that management/maintenance does something).

You are clearly correct in that fewer available seats does NOT increase capacity. What a hoot!

Okay. Here's another clue: Thinking back about two/three weeks ago, I spoke to pcc about riding The Beast at night because we discovered we were in The Beast queue line about the same time for last ride on The Beast. I rode it about 1:10am and she rode it about 15 min later, but also stated that they had roped off the back car on the train and kept her from doing the same. Soooooo, coincidence? I'm sniff'n out a cover-up. lol.

Guest rcfreak339

Okay. Here's another clue: Thinking back about two/three weeks ago, I spoke to pcc about riding The Beast at night because we discovered we were in The Beast queue line about the same time for last ride on The Beast. I rode it about 1:10am and she rode it about 15 min later, but also stated that they had roped off the back car on the train and kept her from doing the same. Soooooo, coincidence? I'm sniff'n out a cover-up. lol.

What could they possibly be covering up? If you wish to deny every explanation you receive then why do you continue to ask?

They have a reason to close it, they don't do it to make you angry. Although you may feel that way for some reason.

What could they possibly be covering up? If you wish to deny every explanation you receive then why do you continue to ask?

They have a reason to close it, they don't do it to make you angry. Although you may feel that way for some reason.

OMG! Back down there tiger. I was just being funny. Honestly, I really don't give a WHOOT! Just a little writing humor there. What's a forum for if you can't post a question about what you want answers too? I was reminded that I had this same conversation with another KIC Member a few weeks ago, so, I brought it up. How would you know that if I didn't bring it up? Geeeesh! I DON'T THINK WE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A CONSPIRACY OR COVER UP. IT'S JUST A RIDE. LIFE WILL GO ON IF I NEVER FIND OUT. Did you miss my.....(lol)?

I was in line for the last ride at night on The Beast Saturday Night at 12:45am. It was a FULL STATION and last seat/car rides were being offered when I arrived at the back of the Station. When I made it up to the last lane in the Queue Line, (I didn't think to take a picture) the line for the last car was blocked off with red straps attached to a trash can. When I asked a ride op what's up, I was informed that it helps speed up the queue line to empty out The Beast House. Now, if my math is correct, taking away 6 seats at 3 trains equals 18 riders less a cycle. MarkHudson17 was in line with me to witness that statement. How does that speed up the process. THE WHOLE FUN OF RIDING The Beast AT NIGHT IS TAKING THE LAST SEAT OF THE TRAIN AND WE'RE BEING DENIED THAT. WHY?????

Did you see if ALL 3 trains had roped off restraints?

Edit: After re-reading, I really don't know why they would block off the last cart, I think you're post is just for attention IMO.

Guest rcfreak339

OMG! Back down there tiger. I was just being funny. Honestly, I really don't give a WHOOT! Just a little writing humor there. What's a forum for if you can't post a question about what you want answers too? I was reminded that I had this same conversation with another KIC Member a few weeks ago, so, I brought it up. How would you know that if I didn't bring it up? Geeeesh! I DON'T THINK WE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A CONSPIRACY OR COVER UP. IT'S JUST A RIDE. LIFE WILL GO ON IF I NEVER FIND OUT. Did you miss my.....(lol)?

Yeah...I found these topic hilarious in sooooo many ways. :rolleyes:

Actually the night I was there, the dead center 3 rows were roped off, not the back. I just assumed there was a restraint issue that night. Many times while at amusement parks, I see various seats "closed" and on the opposite side, or same car, just depends on what kind of ride it is. I figured it was a balancing deal or all were in the same locking mechanism. Never really put a lot of thought into it, other than, well there's a few less seats available. :lol:

Actually if it isn't a restraint issue, which it very well could be if it's the back car (kinda weird to close the last car for capacity), it is faster sometimes to rope off several seats depending how busy it is. If I'm not running full trains every train, there are empty seats I have to close down and check. If I keep the same seats empty every train and condense the riders, i can breeze through the empty ones on my way to the full ones. On my ride at Cedar Point we always closed the middle cars though, kinda odd for it to be the back, since that's where people tend to want to go.

Maybe at the end of the night when they are going to send out the last train and there are several people in line for the back seat complaining that they waited just for the back and they shouldn't have to move up, and they think if they throw a big enough fit that that Kings Island will run the train four more times with just two people on the train each time, and become even louder and more nasty when they see that their fit isn't getting them what they want, so it becomes easier for for the ride opperators to just block off the back seats in advance and avoid the potential headache.

Or, maybe someone puked on the ride earlier and the seats are still wet from being hosed out and there might still be some lingering smell issues, and it's easier to close off the back completely rather than having the back seat line getting/ taking longer because people can only ride every other train (or every third), and you then have more disappointed or angry people at the end of the night who have to move up for the last train of the night.

Or maybe someone famous was at the park and they had the back seat blocked off for him or her to sneak up the exit and jump on without getting hounded for autographs while standing in line with everyone else, but then the famous person decide to ride The Scrambler instead and never showed up.

Or maybe there were invisible people sitting in the backseat.

Maybe this would be a good plot for some King's Island fan fiction.

Sounds to me that the ride op could have been right. Let's say one of the three trains was having issues with those seats. Instead of removing that whole train and going to a 2 train op, you just block off that row for all 3 trains. Capacity is better with 3 trains with a few rows missing than 2 trains will all rows in operation.

I could be wrong, but this fits what the ride op said?

EDIT: I just realized I just restated what Braves0511 said. Sorry Braves!

I was actually in line the other night when this happened. I was next to get on, with one more group behind us, when they told people to stop lining up there. I asked why and they said that they just wanted to take some weight off of the train. So I assume it's just because it's close to the end of the season, plus it's cold (this was friday night - mid 40's) I'll bet they don't want to stress the carts anymore than they have to at this point in the year

Not to be the spoiler here...or sound mean, but I used to speculate about such things until I got to work on a coaster...It's probably nothing more than "Gee the trains aren't full, lets take some seats out." Although I would agree there was probably a technical issue with a certain seat since it's the last car (and therefor a typically busy spot), so they blocked off that car for all of the trains. You'd be surprised how many people can't figure out what orange tape plastered all over a seat means... :rolleyes:

Maybe this will help. My trip to ride The Beast at closing time for the front seat, people kept coming up to the Que-house and trying to get the front seat, but as closing time arrived, the last 10-12 ,trains guests were required to fill up all remaining empty seats to cycle the rest of the visitors. I was the last rider of the day, and the others waiting for the front seat were just out of luck. This happened to me back in June and the park was semi-busy. Hope this helps a little.........