DB trim off?

TylerRider

That trim is sometimes turned off dependent on weather conditions. I have ridden the ride before, and noticed the trim one during one ride in the day, then came back later and the trim was off. Today it was really windy, so I think that might have been slowing the trains down a little bit, thus rendering the trim brake not needed.

I think whether or not the trim is on also depends upon the weight of the train. Often I will get trimless rides at ERT when the trains are over half empty, which happened yesterday. This is usually combined with chilly/windy conditions.

I`d say that the real issue is not the weight of the train, but the speed of the train. Less people in the train equates to the train not going as fast and not needing to be trimmed.

That's what I meant-the more weight,ie people, the faster the train, the less weight, the slower the train.

Ahhh, but which came first...a train with fewer people thus going slower or a train that goes slower because there were fewer people in it? The old chicken and the egg problem.

Also, Which goes faster, the left side or the right side?

Another one to ponder:

Do the close together seats go faster or the far apart ones?

...It's gonna be a LLLOOOOONNNNGGGG winter!

I think whether or not the trim is on also depends upon the weight of the train. Often I will get trimless rides at ERT when the trains are over half empty, which happened yesterday. This is usually combined with chilly/windy conditions.

Speaking of which, how busy are the parks during the Gold Member's ERT before the park opens?

Speaking of which, how busy are the parks during the Gold Member's ERT before the park opens?

Depends on what time of the year. This Saturday, we got to ride it 12 times during the hour.

Depends on what time of the year. This Saturday, we got to ride it 12 times during the hour.

On the average weekday during the summer, how is it then? (Not surprised about the 12 rides, because Haunt isn't until 7.)

On the average weekday during the summer, how is it then? (Not surprised about the 12 rides, because Haunt isn't until 7.)

Weekdays during the summer? IIRC, DB was usually about a one- to two-train wait during ERT. No clue about The Beast, though.

• 2 months later...

Today I rode Diamondback about four times, and I noticed that the trim right before the picture was turned off. How long has this been like this?

Today, January 8, 2011, the Diamondback trim brake is currently off.

Terpy, who just HAD to!

I have not gone up there in awhile. Is it still off?

I was at the park about 6 times last season for a weekday ERT. Usually went on a Monday or Friday. I could get 6 to 8 rides in during that 1/2 hr before the ROTB filled the queue.

• 2 weeks later...

Weekdays during the summer? IIRC, DB was usually about a one- to two-train wait during ERT. No clue about The Beast, though.

Since the question about Beast was never answered, I thought I'd comment. Usually the ride-ops at Beast are waiting for riders for quite a while on Saturday, and most of ERT usually consists of a handful of riders, so Beast is a walk-on even in the summer for ERT. Unfortunately, the trims are permanent magnetic brakes which do not account for the weight of the train, so count on rides that are slowed to a crawl and barely make it through the first half of the ride at that time of day.