The Best B&M Invert in the USA is...

McSalsa

The B&M Inverted Coaster is a coaster that people just keep demanding as KI's next coaster, now that we have the "big tall fast steel monster" covered via Diamondback. But, while KI has yet to get a B&M Invert, there are still several parks in the USA that do have them. Including a LOT of Batman clones.wacko.gif

The topic for this poll? Which B&M Invert, located in the USA, is the best? (I've decided to keep it US-only so you wouldn't be overwhelmed by choices). Simple, right? Enjoy the poll. If you dislike...click back.wink.gif

I don't know why everyone wants a Batman clone at Kings Island.

Montu is the best inverted roller coaster. It is living proof that you do not have to build your ride on flat ground or on top of a parking lot (i.e. Raptor)

Montu has great forces, great elements, it gets you pumped, then winds down. You think you are done then you dive into the ground and BOOM, another inversion right before the final brakes.

My rankings for the inverted coasters I have ridden:

1: Montu

2: Talon

3: Alpie

4: Afterburn

5: Dueling Dragons Ice

6: Dueling Dragons Fire

7: Patriot

8: Batman TR SFOG

9: Batman TR SF STL

10: Raptor

Great topic. Ive ridden most on the list But a few. Best Batman clone Ive ridden so far is the one at Six Flags Over Georiga. Best Invert ive been on yet is Alpy at Busch Gardens an VA. Although I got some really good rides on Afterburn not to long ago.

Great topic. Ive ridden most on the list But a few. Best Batman clone Ive ridden so far is the one at Six Flags Over Georiga. Best Invert ive been on yet is Alpy at Busch Gardens an VA. Although I got some really good rides on Afterburn not to long ago.

I've ridden all but two on the list...

By far the best is Montu at BGT.

Carowinds Afterburn is a distant second. It has has a segment of "dead time." Great Bear also suffers from the same "down time."

I'm not a big fan of the Batmans. Raptor ranks higher than those, but I really don't like the "oops" at the end of Raptor just before the final brake run. Alpengeist also hs an "ooops" when entering the mid-course brakes.

Shaggy

I say Montu for the actual ride, but Dueling Dragons (or whatever they call it now in Potterland) for the best overall experience. (The theming is great, and I love that "collision moment" with the other train...)

I haven't ridden Alpengheist, but I've heard good things about it...

I find it very hard to choose between Montu at BGT and Silver Bullet at Knott's. I gave the edge to Silver Bullet in voting because it has a really cool corkscrew element (although it could be it was my most recent one also!)

Raptor while still awesome (it is a B&M invert after all) is a distant third and there are many on the list I want to test!

I really like B&M Inverts and would love to get one at KI.

- Afterburn- I love this ride, it has lots of elements that I like as well as some nice speed.

- Raptor- The helix is the best part of this coaster as well as the layout, in my opinion.

- Alpengeist- I like the part near the end with the "snow' on the ground that you are soaring over.

- Batman the Ride at SFOG- I like this Batman the best. It's new color scheme is also very pretty. :)

- Talon- This ride is a bit drawn out in some parts connecting the elements but is still a good ride.

- Patriot- I like the color scheme of this coaster very much, but the ride itself is not as good as some of the others, in my opinion.

- Great Bear- I like the Immelmann and the part that goes across the lake the best on this ride.

- Batman the Ride at SFGAdv These last three are fun rides that can pull some major G-forces...some of which have caused me to gray out a bit.

- Batman the Ride at SFGAm

- Batman the Ride at SFSL

• Like 1

Patriot was good (My #100) rode it twice. First ride of the day, first train, in the front row, then again in the last row.

It was lacking the intensity of all the other inverted roller coasters.

All the other inverted roller coasters I have been on (see my list on page 1), they all have some massive forces except Patriot.

Montu in the back row left side gives you airtime on the drop when the car tried to swing from under you.

The Batwing and the corkscrew finale on Montu are my favorite parts of the ride.

Afterburn at Carowinds is a mini version of Montu. Except, it drops to the right instead of the left.

The most intense inverted has to be Fire Dragon at IOA. The immelman / helix combo is very intense!

Talon is an awesome ride. I love every second I am on it. Will be on the list of places I go next summer. Dorney and Kings Dominion.

I have been on several B&M inverts, Raptor, Afterburn, and Dueling Dragons at IoA. Of those I prefer Afterburn. I also love the way that the ride interacts with the topography at Carowinds, including a tunnel under what was at one point in time an entrance to Carowinds. I would love if KI got a B&M invert coaster one day. I agree with the "opps" section on Raptor. That ruins what otherwise is a very fun ride.

And at the media day opening, the poor Rockettes were there from Rockefeller Center, dressed very skimpily...and it must have been at least 35 degrees, if that. They rode, too....

Sounds like it was quite a nippley day....

;)

I have always enjoyed Alpengeist more than the others. But I do have to admit, I have not been on an invert that I did not enjoy.

My inverted rankings are as follows:

Montu

(big gap)

Afterburn

Alpengeist

Raptor

Dueling Dragons Ice

Batman Clones

Dueling Dragons Fire (can't rate this one higher because it has no zero-g roll)

Great Bear

Patriot

Talon

Montu is the best of the bunch because of:

(1) the batwing...I love it when everyone in the back row yells "whoa" after the first part of that element

(2) the trenches...they do add a nice thematic touch to the ride and enhance the sense of speed

(3) the smoothness...I've yet to get any headbanging on that ride

Has there been a "front seat vs. back seat" poll for inverted coasters too? It seems as though most people prefer the front, but IMO the back rows consistently deliver the better rides.

Montu is the best of the bunch because of:

(1) the batwing...I love it when everyone in the back row yells "whoa" after the first part of that element

(2) the trenches...they do add a nice thematic touch to the ride and enhance the sense of speed

(3) the smoothness...I've yet to get any headbanging on that ride

Has there been a "front seat vs. back seat" poll for inverted coasters too? It seems as though most people prefer the front, but IMO the back rows consistently deliver the better rides.

I have to agree with you 100%.

To add to number (3), There is not an "oops" moment ANYWHERE on this ride.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...