Best time to come to kings island

diamondback1

to me i really think coming when it's raining is the best time to come. there are no long lines at all and sometimes you get to stay in ur seat if riders arent in the line. also you dont have to worry abt big crowds. :) :)

Be careful about this, sometimes on a rainy day they will decide to just run one train or none at all(most cases its none)

Anyway I know in Paramount Era(Viacom and ??CBS??) You could come on just a rainy day(no matter how hard it poured) Majority of Rides were up and running.

Also wanna know what the BEST ride there was to ride when it POURED? Like I'm talking about when you couldn't see in front of you, Son of Beast(with the loop and old trains). Talk about one HELL of a ride.

*Remembers getting on The Beast dry and leaving drenched and welts on my arm*

Once this season we left after 15 minutes. We figured it would rain so we only rode Diamondback and The Beast. After it started sprinkling they shut down the rides. We didn't see any point in staying so we left.

I like days with a 30% chance of rain. Those days usually bring overcast, but rarely bring crowds or rain. I like overcast days at the park.

You may get less crowds when it rains but why would you want to ride a ride while being stung in the face by rain? I certainly will take beautiful weather and crowds and a pleasant ride experience over no crowds and rain and a miserable ride experience.

You may get less crowds when it rains but why would you want to ride a ride while being stung in the face by rain? I certainly will take beautiful weather and crowds and a pleasant ride experience over no crowds and rain and a miserable ride experience.

I wouldn't say miserable, One of my best memories at/of KI is when it was pouring and it was cloudy. I got my first kiss in the rain right after we got off The Beast.

We were at the park in July and it was raining pretty hard, yet the rides kept going. They were only using one train but nothing was shut down completely. Once the lightning started though that put a stop to everything. Afer a few hours the rain stopped and everything started back up. The park was near empty the rest of the day and rides were a walk on :)

We were there in August on a nice rainy day. I thought the huge crowds would leave, but I thought wrong. Even more people came in. That was the day we had to wait over 45 minutes just to ride Scrambler. However, it was a fun (but painful) ride :) It rained pretty hard, but all of the rides continued to operate. Seems like we hit all the wrong days during our trips this year, as far as crowds go. Even the random Wednesday in July was jam-packed. We pretty much ended up going each and every time there were groups, companies or teams there.